Clint Hurtt via Pete Carroll

Fade

Reaction score
Thank Pete Carroll for blessing us with another season of Clint Hurtt. I can't wait for year 3.

Pete and Clint lead the league in opening drive TDs surrendered with 7.

The Steelers took 2 drives, so there is improvement.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Thank Pete Carroll for blessing us with another season of Clint Hurtt. I can't wait for year 3.

Pete and Clint lead the league in opening drive TDs surrendered with 7.

The Steelers took 2 drives, so there is improvement.
Worst run D in the league. Things can only get better. Or stay the same.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Fundamental changes, coaches and players, needs to happen on that side of the ball. Hurtt has no business being the DC on any NFL team but at the end of the day, the players on the field look soft as shit. Weak arm tackles attempts and no effort. I don’t know how they watch film each week and not be ashamed.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Fundamental changes, coaches and players, needs to happen on that side of the ball. Hurtt has no business being the DC on any NFL team but at the end of the day, the players on the field look soft as shit. Weak arm tackles attempts and no effort. I don’t know how they watch film each week and not be ashamed.
Pete has to go for actual change.

Richard -> Norton -> Hurtt -> Next Puppet, will not fix this.

renofox

Reaction score
It's the playcalling. Just pay attention to how many defenders are actually in the box against run plays.

renofox

Reaction score
I can promise you there hasn't been 5 in the box 1 time.
I'll do screenshots after.the all 22 comes out. Safeties 12 yards off the LOS or 5 yards outside the Tackles are not considered in the box unless terminology has changed since I played.

getnasty

Reaction score
I'll do screenshots after.the all 22 comes out. Safeties 12 yards off the LOS or 5 yards outside the Tackles are not considered in the box unless terminology has changed since I played.
They have at least 7 in the box every play. with 2 corners and 2 safetys.

morgulon1

Reaction score
And this is the effort they give when sitting in a wild card spot with "win you're in" scenario. They control their own destiny and completely shit their pants .

renofox

Reaction score
They have at least 7 in the box every play. with 2 corners and 2 safetys.
I just.checked if there was a definition change since 35 years ago. There isn't.

https://footballadvantage.com/what-is-the-box-in-football/

"In the box" is the width of the OL including inline TEs and extends 3-5 yards from the LOS.

What definition are you using that counts DBs 10 yards deep and/or lined up across from slots and wides?