DQ or Harbaugh?

12forlife

Reaction score
Ahhh…suspended twice for no reason.

Mmmmkk
Well the sign stealing as we all know now was largely Ryan Day BS. Hey if your tired of loosing then beat them.
And the 1st suspension if you don't already know, was over a kid showing up on campus for a walk through, and they took him to dinner! Your right they should be held over the coals! Really when we have 18 yr old kids showing up @ signing day in Lamborghini's & Bentley's?? Mom & dad certainly didn't buy that? So yes in both cases it was petty. And after all that. . . . . Still won the Natty!!

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Like the scheme he used with ATL in the Superbowl?

I think he's a jag.
He was using Seattle's system in his last Super Bowl. His defense isn't the same anymore. Quinn runs a very different defense these days that is more in line with what Fangio and Flores do.

Dan Quinn isn't just a JAG, he's an elite defense coordinator. That being said, being an elite defense coordinator doesn't always translate to being a good head coach. Ultimately I think Dan Quinn as HC is just another Fangio character. A brilliant defensive mind that is just a mediocre headcoach. His coaching job sans Shannahan really left a lot to be desired.

hoxrox

Reaction score
None of the above.

JS, knowing Pete's history with Harbaugh, would not hire Harbaugh.

DQ, couldn't stop the 49ers offense, nor even Geno this past season... (35 points). Wouldn't hate the hire, but it would be underwhelming.

morgulon1

Reaction score
He was using Seattle's system in his last Super Bowl. His defense isn't the same anymore. Quinn runs a very different defense these days that is more in line with what Fangio and Flores do.

Dan Quinn isn't just a JAG, he's an elite defense coordinator. That being said, being an elite defense coordinator doesn't always translate to being a good head coach. Ultimately I think Dan Quinn as HC is just another Fangio character. A brilliant defensive mind that is just a mediocre headcoach. His coaching job sans Shannahan really left a lot to be desired.
I could very easily be wrong . I couldn't base my feeling on any data or hard evidence. My gut feeling is hiring Quinn is kind of taking the safe path and staying very much in the circle of influence of Pete Carroll.

I know what they say about opinions 😂

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I could very easily be wrong . I couldn't base my feeling on any data or hard evidence. My gut feeling is hiring Quinn is kind of taking the safe path and staying very much in the circle of influence of Pete Carroll.

I know what they say about opinions 😂
If they hire Dan Quinn it will be for that reason. It's likely that Quinn has had a working relationship in the past with JS when he was defensive line coach and defensive coordinator for the Seahawks. If Schneider pulls the trigger on him, I believe it will be because of their working relationship. Carroll is in the building as advisor so it's likely he'll have quite a sway over him too.

I'm not excited about Dan Quinn, but I'm convinced that he's going to be the one that we hire.

Latest posts