POLL: Who Is Our Next HC?

Bet Your Mortgage On It: Who's The Next Seahawks HC?

• Johnson

Votes: 38 27.3%
  • Macdonald

Votes: 94 67.6%
  • Quinn

Votes: 7 5.0%

• Total voters

GemCity

Reaction score
Hoping for BJ but feel as if it’s MM.

Primary reason…WAS is a transitioning OC’s dream with a new GM and pick 2.

Ofc, I think the organization is poop compared to the Seahawks but I can imagine it’s very attractive to Johnson.

cymatica

Reaction score
Huard talking about an interview they did with a Ravens reporter "in the interview, he said that Mike MacDonald is an introvert."
Maybe that's where Pete's advisory role comes into play

12AngryHawks

Reaction score

This is a link to the Ravens coaching staff. I would imagine he would promote one of these guys to his offensive coordinator? Maybe?

Or he'd poach off the Lions, 49ers and other staffs for the offensive side. Just my thoughts
My guess is he'd bring Baltimore's WR coach, Greg Lewis with him to be his OC. His resume seems intriguing.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, why do you want Johnson? Is it because he's good or because you think an offensive guy is needed in today's NFL? I ask because our defense has been a mess for years.

Good question honestly. I think he has done wonders with Goff and Detroits offense and I would love to see what he can do with a young QB once Seattle drafts one. I also do feel a bias towards an offensive coach due to the trend the league has set. The defense I feel will get and be better almost immediately by the sheer process of elimination of Hurtt and Carroll and the new regime will just build off of that.

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
M.M is the guy for me. But it's because I like teams with killer defenses and I feel like it's the area we need the most improvement. Also if B.Johnson gets hired in Washington, more than likely he will want to call the plays so Benimey will be looking for work and we can snatch him up as our new Oc. I think I spelled his name right. But I didn't win any spelling bee before either so what ever.

NJlargent

Reaction score
8 of the top 13 defenses are lead by offensive head coaches.
That's a good point. I am sure those 8 teams have decent DCs. I just cannot visualize that because we have not a good DC in a decade.

flv2

Reaction score
I think the top 2 are excellent candidates and many NFL teams looking for a new HC would be happy to have either of them. I don't think Quinn is the fallback option.

I think Seattle will hire 1 of the top 2 listed candidates and that candidate will be: the candidate that Washington doesn't hire. Sorry if that offends. The Seahawks are a good franchise but the Washington job comes with significant Draft capital, a good cap situation, and it's on the East Coast. It's viewed as a higher profile and prestige job by much of the NFL World and media. Just an outsider's perspective.

I think the Seahawks will hire Macdonald.

Fade

Reaction score
That's a good point. I am sure those 8 teams have decent DCs. I just cannot visualize that because we have not a good DC in a decade.

Yeah, you don't necessarily need to hire a defensive head coach to fix your defense. Just need to hire a quality DC.

This is another reason why the league is tilting towards offensive HCs. Much easier to find a DC to fix that unit, than to find an OC to place under a defensive HC to fix that unit.

And then there is the keeping them point if you do hit on your OC, that has been pointed out many a time.

Defensive Head Coaches are fine to be stop gaps in the short term, especially if you have your QB in place, but I think long term they are liabilities at this point in the league.

2 of the better offensive minds at HC are in the Super Bowl. A defensive HC hasn't made the Super Bowl since Bill Belichick.

Fade

Reaction score
I think the top 2 are excellent candidates and many NFL teams looking for a new HC would be happy to have either of them. I don't think Quinn is the fallback option.

I think Seattle will hire 1 of the top 2 listed candidates and that candidate will be: the candidate that Washington doesn't hire. Sorry if that offends. The Seahawks are a good franchise but the Washington job comes with significant Draft capital, a good cap situation, and it's on the East Coast. It's viewed as a higher profile and prestige job by much of the NFL World and media. Just an outsider's perspective.

I think the Seahawks will hire Macdonald.

You're probably right.

The funny thing is, I think whoever takes the WAS job will fail. And whoever takes the Seattle job will succeed. Seattle is the better organization, objectively.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
You're probably right.

The funny thing is, I think whoever takes the WAS job will fail. And whoever takes the Seattle job will succeed. Seattle is the better organization, objectively.
agreed, Washington is still a garbage franchise.

Latest posts