DQ or Harbaugh?

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I’d rather have John Harbaugh coach the Seahawks than Jim. John Harbaugh won a Super Bowl with Joe Flacco as his QB. Incidentally beat Jim in that game.
Joe Flacco played out of his mind. He posted the best postseason that anyone has ever seen. Joe Flacco in the post season has been a completely different beast, elite even.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I really don't understand the obsession with Dan Quinn here. His career as HC of the Falcons really went downhill as soon as Shannahan left. His defense never was that great on the Falcons. Dan Quinn isn't the worst coach ever, but at the end of the day he's a .500 head coach. Quinn is likely going to put us in the same exact spot as Carroll has in the last few years. What is worse, Quinn wouldn't have an established QB like Matt Ryan.

I just don't see the appeal of Quinn. He's a great coordinator, but as an HC I'm extremely tepid on him.

Harbaugh on the other hand has succeeded everywhere that he has been. He has built strong programs at Stanford, San Fran, and now he's a national champion at Michigan. I can't think of a coach with a stronger resume than Jim Harbaugh out there.

Now, I don't think that Harbaugh is going to come here. I suspect he wants a situation where he is in control of the front office.

I just think that going Quinn is a mistake here.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You don't understand opinions? We all have them. Some of us think that Quinn would be a hell of a fit.
Did you think Pete was a mistake like a lot of people did back when he was hired?

Last edited:

Jac

Reaction score
Harbaugh is looking for a fresh start in probably his last stint with the NFL. I mean money ultimately talks and all that, but he's forever linked to the NFC West rivalry against Seattle/Carroll. It would just be a weird fit for him to be on the other side of that.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The appeal of Quinn is likely the same as the appeal of Wade Philips when the Bills got rid of Levy. The hope was he could keep the machine running, but rekindle the magic.
It usually does not work like that. Quinn is a hell of a DC. But then so was Wade.

Harbaugh wins everywhere he goes. The problem with him is that as a human being, he is likely a steaming piece of crap. But he wins, even at places like Stanford.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
You don't understand opinions? We all have them. Some of us think that Quinn would be a hell of a fit.
Did you think Pete was a mistake like a lot of people did back when he was hired?
No, I was super excited about Pete. I grew up watching his Trojans dominate college football. I was beyond jacked and pumped when we first signed him. Even in the 7-9 season in 2010 I knew he had something special going here.

Quinn doesn't have the same resume Pete had. Yes, their NFL records are very similar when Pete came back into the NFL. That being said, Carroll had a hell of a lot more experience managing an organization. He also built one of the most dominant football programs that we've seen at USC. Quinn has been dominant as a DC, but managing an organization and creating culture is A LOT different than being an elite coordinator.

Outside of Shannahan being his hotshot OC, Quinn only has one winning season to his name. His defenses on the Falcons were middle of the road. I'm just not seeing the huge upside here. He's not bringing the same culture here that Pete had, Quinn approaches coaching and culture building much differently than Pete does.

Quinn at the end of the day is a high floor, low ceiling coach. We're going to be a 7 to 9 win team with Quinn, nothing more nothing less, fighting for wildcard spots. He's not the worst candidate in the world, but dang, can we do much better than Quinn.

Unfortunately, I think at the end of the day he's going to be the hire. He has familiarity with Schneider and they've worked together before. I'm just not too happy about it based on his results on the Falcons.

toffee

Reaction score
If we hire Harbaugh, dear Jody will be crying in poor fade's ears every night after the abuse she will receive from Harbaugh. Don't believe me? Ask the Yorks.

Please be kind to @Fade

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Harbaugh isn't coming here. Period. FULL STOP. He wants full control of personnel, that's not going to happen with JS as the GM. It's not even worth the breath to talk about it.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The Seahawks don't need DeBoer--he would be an experiment. The Huskies mos def need him.
Experiment?? I disagree
I see a HC whose offense would be great. He would have to hit on a
good DC though for sure.

GemCity

Reaction score
Dairy Queen over Harbaugh. All day, everyday.

I despise that big jaw cheater.