Confidence is lost

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The problem is that Baltimore is one of the better teams in the league and they throttled the Hawks. Unfortunately for Seattle, they have a 5 game stretch coming up in which they face 3 more teams that are upper echelon and the Rams who almost always wins against the Hawks. While I dont see Seattle losing as bad as they did against Baltimore, I do ecpect them to drop most, if not all of those games.
Pitt

Your position is consistent as you clearly maintain your viewpoint that the Hawks really are not very good.

I'm not going to try to convince you of something different from what you hold firmly in viewpoint. I just disagree, there is genuine talent on this year's Hawks roster. The team will do better than you predict.

I think the team just got beaten down by a Baltimore team that showed up while the Hawks didn't for whatever reason. I don't accept that game revealed them to be a crappy team. I don't accept that the team sucks or is not a top echelon team, they have shown some ability in that regard. However, the next 5 games will certainly determine the season for our team. I'm not throwing in the towel as you seem to be, although while I'd expect them not to win all of the upcoming 5 games they will not lose them all. The next LA and SF games will decide the divisional outcome for the season. The team will be competitive in both SF games and will likely gain a split or better in those three games and they will not get thumped again by LA.

My confidence is not lost.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I don't accept that the team sucks or is not a top echelon team, they have shown some ability in that regard.

I don't think they suck. I think they are a tad better than middle of the road. Top echelon? Yeah, we're going to have to agree to disagree on that one.

Seattle will have a decent to good winning regular season and lose early in the post season. Its the samething every year. Unfortunately, its their MO now. As predictable as the sun coming up every morning.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I would be more optimistic if they had a qbotf, and we were just going through growing pains. I just don't see an end point for this mediocrity treadmill we're on. Wait for Pete to retire, then a new coach, new players and plans, and hope for the best in a couple years after that? That's 4-5 years from now. I commented in another post, something has to give, sooner rather than later, or this will never end. The course we are on is not a sb winning one.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Right now the Seahawks (due more to injury than lack of talent) are a 2nd Tier team. With improved health to the OL, we could become a Top Tier team, unquestionably in my mind. The OL is a sieve at the moment which directly correlates to Geno and the running game underperforming. Fix the OL and watch our offense magically look much, much better. We certainly have the horses for it. We just need the health element.

It's possible the Seahawks make the playoffs and are one and done again. Until they prove otherwise, that indeed seems to be the M.O. but none of us have crystal balls so you know what they say about the word assume.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I don't think they suck. I think they are a tad better than middle of the road. Top echelon? Yeah, we're going to have to agree to disagree on that one.

Seattle will have a decent to good winning regular season and lose early in the post season. Its the samething every year. Unfortunately, its their MO now. As predictable as the sun coming up every morning.

So getting to the play postseason doesn't matter at all in your view? You'd rather have a non competitive team, than a team that is good enough to make the playoffs? What if they do beat SF and LA and win the Division? Doesn't that matter at all? Their MO is that the team is a competitive team there are lots of other team with records of absolute long term futility ours is NOT one. Taking those final steps to being truly elite is often a matter of good fortune, young players developing as hoped, an ability to over come adversity, and the team coming together to believe in itself as a good team. That is happening here.

I suspect your view is truly you want PC gone and don't really think that JS is doing a good job, so whatever they do it won't be enough.

Last edited:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
So getting to the play postseason doesn't matter at all in your view? You'd rather have a non competitive team, than a team that is good enough to make the playoffs? What if they do beat SF and LA and win the Division? Doesn't that matter at all? Their MO is that the team is a competitive team there are lots of other team with records of absolute long term futility ours is NOT one. Taking those final steps to being truly elite is often a matter of good fortune, young players developing as hoped, an ability to over come adversity, and the team coming together to believe in itself as a good team. That is happening here.

I suspect your view is truly you want PC gone and don't really think that JS is doing a good job, so whatever they do it won't be enough.
WOW! could NOT have said it better.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Being cheated out of a chance to win our first Superbowl and throwing away our third SB has PTSDed Hawk fans on a Buffalo Bills scale.

Do you really think it'd be any different if we won another, or even all three SB's?

I feel like all that'd do is create an even bigger delusional sense of entitled fan who demands deep playoff runs every single year.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score

What's very predictable is your bad takes on the team. I seriously cannot understand why or how you call yourself Seahawks fan. You are the poster child of the opposite and borderline embarrassing.

Seahawker

Reaction score
Of course it would be different (better) if we won all 3. Successful SB wins vs successful marriages, both count in the plus column whether they are appreciated or not.
Guaranteed if Norwood hits that field goal a generation of Bill's fans has a thick layer of pain pulled off of them.
The entitled $ fans don't really count, some of us have lived through both the good & bad from day one.

olyfan63

Reaction score
So now the season has morphed into a hybrid of the 2010-2011 seasons mixed in with the 2012 season. (2013 was it's own special BEAST of a season). In 2010-2011, a lot of times, when the Hawks lost, it was a BLOWOUT loss, especially 2010, and while many wins were close, fugly wins. In 2012, we had young, speedy, elusive Russell Wilson and the read-option that perplexed defenses, along with a lot of young, developing talent.

We got blown out on the road by a Baltimore team that looks like a Super Bowl contender, perhaps a comparable type of team to the 2013 Seahawks. Guaranteed Pete, Shane, Clint, & Co. are doing some soul-searching to figure out what went wrong, and what adjustments need to be made. It really wasn't that surprising that the Ravens did the same thing to us they did to the Lions a couple weeks before. It pointed out ALL the flaws and issues. Encouragingly, the defense actually held their own up to midway through the 2nd quarter, a pleasant surprise if anyone recalls the last time the Hawks faced Lamar and the Ravens. With no help from the offense, the D simply wore down.

The only juggernaut-looking team in the NFC is the Eagles, and they looked positively mortal against Dallas last week, and if anything, got a little lucky. We have some hard-fought, exciting games coming up with the 49ers, Eagles, and Cowboys, that will show where the team is REALLY at. We've had our one forgiveable blowout loss, and it's a good thing it happened this early in the season where things are fixable. Let's just hope that the trend breaks more to 2012 than 2010-2011. For that, the offense will need to rediscover its mojo.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Of course it would be different (better) if we won all 3. Successful SB wins vs successful marriages, both count in the plus column whether they are appreciated or not.
Guaranteed if Norwood hits that field goal a generation of Bill's fans has a thick layer of pain pulled off of them.
The entitled $ fans don't really count, some of us have lived through both the good & bad from day one.

I don't think winning more SB's stops most knee jerk and arm chair fans from demanding more winning from their teams. In fact, like I said, I think it's worse.

Just ask Patriot fans who are all now demanding Belichick's firing, even after he gave them 20 years of the most winning in NFL history. You think they're all chill and OK with not winning all the time now cause they won so much previously?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score

The post season would be better if they had a legitimate chance of doing something once they got there. Unfortunately its been years since i've had any hopes of that. Seattle is a team that has good regular seasons, but are never good enough to do anything in the post season. They just dont have the coaching and talent to advance and its always obvious.

I would take a few non competitive years if it meant building the team for future success. They have had a couple nice drafts now, but issues still persist, and let's not forget about the elephant in the room which is the QB. This team isnt going anywhere in the post season with Geno Smith and Drew Lock. They just arent. They might even win the imploding division, but the only thing you'll have to celebrate is the new shirt you bought. The team is still far from being elite. With all the draft picks and FA pickups, the trenches are still garbage, the linebackers are awful, and the QB's are nothing more than game manager, backup talent wise.

I wanted Carroll gone 5 years ago because the apparent writing was already on the wall and here we are. Doesnt matter now, he's going to be done in just a couple more seasons so theres light at the end of the tunnel.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
What's very predictable is your bad takes on the team. I seriously cannot understand why or how you call yourself Seahawks fan. You are the poster child of the opposite and borderline embarrassing.

Bad takes? Realistic takes is more like it. Look at the last 8 seasons and they line up with my takes. Keep on being optimistic that things will change if you want. That ship has sailed for me.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
But why shoot down someone else having hope? Not trying to argue, but if people have faith and belief in their team, let them.
It doesn't always have to be met with a basic "you're stupid for thinking this team can win" type thing.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
But why shoot down someone else having hope? Not trying to argue, but if people have faith and belief in their team, let them.
It doesn't always have to be met with a basic "you're stupid for thinking this team can win" type thing.

I don't remember ever calling CallMeADawg out on his opinions. I believe he just did that to me.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I wanted Carroll gone 5 years ago because the apparent writing was already on the wall and here we are. Doesnt matter now, he's going to be done in just a couple more seasons so theres light at the end of the tunnel.

Are you sure that's light at the end of the tunnel, or another 40 years of getting run over by a train.

IMO we're going to miss Pete more than you think when he's gone.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Are you sure that's light at the end of the tunnel, or another 40 years of getting run over by a train.

IMO we're going to miss Pete more than you think when he's gone.
Yeah people will be met with a serious revelation once Pete hangs it up.