Confidence is lost

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Call me crazy but I would rather make the playoffs each year and have the excitement and hope that comes along with the post season, even if it is only brief (the week leading up to and the game itself) versus being out of the playoffs, period.

Once you get into the post season, it's damn exciting and you never know if they might get hot and go on a streak.

Wheetie

Reaction score
Call me crazy but I would rather make the playoffs each year and have the excitement and hope that comes along with the post season, even if it is only brief (the week leading up to and the game itself) versus being out of the playoffs, period.

Once you get into the post season, it's damn exciting and you never know if they might get hot and go on a streak.
Exactly. It's all entertainment right? Each additional week of anticipation is always welcomed.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Seattle under Carroll for the most part is better than half of the NFL teams, but not consistently better than about 12 teams.

It is the 12 teams that Seattle isn’t better than, that it often (it’s a trend) struggles to get over this hump.

And I don’t think a Carroll regime will be able to improve on, sad to say.

The Carroll regime has peaked…and it looks bleak for the Carroll regime to recapture its elite team status again, unfortunately…

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This is the age old take that PC is irreplaceable and its so tiresome. Every year there are valid candidates that are available to sort from.

I'd rather go into the future with uncertainty than going year after year losing in the first or second round of the playoffs.

Sensitive my friend, and you don't respond to the question. Nobody has ever said PC is irreplaceable, but if you ae going to replace a coach with HOF resume at least you need to have some solid ideas of who the replacement would be. All you are saying is you want a change but don't offer solutions, just change for change sake.

We differ clearly b/c you don't care about immediate competitiveness, I do. It's hard to advance from the first or second round of the playoffs in any year undoubtedly, but impossible to advance at all if you don't even make the post season tournament. None of us are happy being not quite there and seemingly in that perpetual loop, but Pete's teams are almost there and only need a few more things to go right to be there. Returning to being the 1990's Seahawks with a hope things will quickly improve to meke the team competitive or even elite is a recipe for the wilderness for a long time.

Clearly you don't agree, and that's OK.

Last edited:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I hope Pete finishes his current contract through the 2025 season before he rides off into the sunset. Giving him two more years after this season to win another SB with this group. If he can't the bulk of this roster will be in their prime & young enough for another coach to build off of.
Seahawker I think this is what may in fact happen. I suspect winning a SB may not be in the cards though.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I think that list is a fiction created by some east coast media type. I only agree with three of the choices yet think Reid deserves his slot. Others shouldn't even be on the list.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
We'd have to know what criteria they are basing that list on to know if it has any merit to it. I don't think wins has any part of it because I think Carroll is only behind Reid and Belichick in that category for active coaches.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Sensitive my friend, and you don't respond to the question. Nobody has ever said PC is irreplaceable, but if you ae going to replace a coach with HOF resume at least you need to have some solid ideas of who the replacement would be. All you are saying is you want a change but don't offer solutions, just change for change sake.

We differ clearly b/c you don't care about immediate competitiveness, I do. It's hard to advance from the first or second round of the playoffs in any year undoubtedly, but impossible to advance at all if you don't even make the post season tournament. None of us are happy being not quite there and seemingly in that perpetual loop, but Pete's teams are almost there and only need a few more things to go right to be there. Returning to being the 1990's Seahawks with a hope things will quickly improve to meke the team competitive or even elite is a recipe for the wilderness for a long time.

Clearly you don't agree, and that's OK.

Jammer I respect you as a poster and your opinions. Our opinions just differ thats all.

If you are asking for valid replacements for Pete, like every year, let's wait to see who's available. Every season there are NFL coaches looking to move on from current situations, coordinators ready to move up, and college coaches hungry to enter the big leagues.

Its the immediate competitiveness that has me accepting of regression if that's the case. It's the same story in Seattle every single year in which fans and pundits allow themselves to be fooled into thinking the team is almost there. They arent. Its more of the same now. Yeah they had a few nice drafts with some good young developing players, but there are still serious holes that need addressed and I don't see how that's going to happen anytime soon. The first issue is the QB situation. I have less than zero confidence in Geno Smith or Drew Lock being able to advance this or any team in the post season. What about the linebackers? Wagner is a dinosaur and Brooks looked lost being the field general last season. The lines in the trenches are still an issue after years and multiple new faces. Those are issues that arent going to be answered in just a couple seasons. If you have faith in the current product, God bless you. Seriously, I dont feel like they are almost there. This doesnt feel anything like 2012 to me. Its more of the same where if Seattle makes the post season, you just know they dont have a chance once they are in.

Like I said, its all good and I realize people don't see it the way I do.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Yeah, what is the criteria for that list? Strange list indeed.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
I just can't agree with this personnel decision.

O Line

Keep Stone Forsythe as the back-up Left Tackle, and don't confuse his head & feet.
Keep Jake Curhan as the back-up Right Tackle, and allow him to grow his game.

Win back the Time of Possession game too.
Anything wrong with the first offensive play of the game being a 3 Tight End set?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Jammer I respect you as a poster and your opinions. Our opinions just differ thats all.

If you are asking for valid replacements for Pete, like every year, let's wait to see who's available. Every season there are NFL coaches looking to move on from current situations, coordinators ready to move up, and college coaches hungry to enter the big leagues.

Its the immediate competitiveness that has me accepting of regression if that's the case. It's the same story in Seattle every single year in which fans and pundits allow themselves to be fooled into thinking the team is almost there. They arent. Its more of the same now. Yeah they had a few nice drafts with some good young developing players, but there are still serious holes that need addressed and I don't see how that's going to happen anytime soon. The first issue is the QB situation. I have less than zero confidence in Geno Smith or Drew Lock being able to advance this or any team in the post season. What about the linebackers? Wagner is a dinosaur and Brooks looked lost being the field general last season. The lines in the trenches are still an issue after years and multiple new faces. Those are issues that arent going to be answered in just a couple seasons. If you have faith in the current product, God bless you. Seriously, I dont feel like they are almost there. This doesnt feel anything like 2012 to me. Its more of the same where if Seattle makes the post season, you just know they dont have a chance once they are in.

Like I said, its all good and I realize people don't see it the way I do.
Well I simply don't share your pessimism and believe this team is a good bit closer to being 'there' than they were last year.

Let's say they win the next 3 games, drop one to SF then win out at home including a tough game against Philly. Alternatively, they win enough games to win the division. Are you still of the belief they are pretenders? Likely so, b/c you don't think much of several starters who have proven this season they are not dinosaurs or lost as an ILB. I simply don't accept your belief if they are in the tournament at the end of the year they don't have a chance. However, feel free to be a pessimist.

It's not hard to disagree the team needs a long term plan at QB, but if you recall they had one who began to think he was so special that he didn't need to play within the game plan or the system coached while commanding premium $ for mediocre results. That guy was traded and the team got value at several other positions as a result, but unfortunately the team had to eat a huge cap hit which is still being digested. Getting that right guy is whole lot harder than many accept as seemingly sure fire candidates bust under the pressure.

The team being fielded so far this year has flashed both their talent and their mediocrity at different times but throughout save for the the Ravens game there were some bright spots other than the kicking game. WR, RB, CB, S, DT, TE, and OT are starting to look like the team might be solidly talented, and the youth at DE/OLB is flashing more often. There are quite a few positions where the team is showing young developing talent at, and when they are ON they look like a good team on both sides of the ball. Consistency seems to be an issue at present. That consistencycomes with a genuine sense of ability on the players part. At times they look to be very close and at others you scratch your head.

I've been a fan since '76 and have watched them build, then be blown up, and try to build again. Being competitive always is a hallmark of good team management and I'd never want to blow it up and not be competitive again as those building periods were very long and very bleak. If you are able to compete you always have a punchers chance even above your weight class.

We disagree that's OK with me, and I do understand your frustration with recent playoff exits but disagree that things are as bad as you believe.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Take it from a fan who's been around since the very beginning, I gotta pinch myself that we even got one Lombardi.

It's hard to win in this parity league where the deck is stacked against successful franchises. I'm sure the 80's Bears thought they'd be a dynasty. I'm sure the 90's Rams thought they'd be a dynasty. I'm sure the 2000's Ravens thought they'd be a dynasty with that all time great defense.

And we all thought we had the next dynasty. Just doesn't happen outside of having the GOAT as your QB for the better part of 15 years playing in a dumpster fire division with a 4-5 game head start on the rest of your conference.
And they cheated their asses off every chance they got. Blatantly. I'm not sure they shouldn't of had a couple of asterisks in the record books.

hedgehawk

Reaction score

That’s not crazy at all. I’ve been watching Seahawks football since 7 years old. I’m 42 now. Playoffs are amazing. We have a chance. Disappointed most times? Sure! I think of the team that just whopped our ass. How many fans are calling for Harbaugh’s head. Same type record. The answer is many.