Why they lost this game

LTH

Reaction score
The Seahawks lost this game because the O line got their ass kicked in the trenches. That Ravens D is a VERY special D.

Why everybody thinks it's Geno's fault is beyond me. It's just stupidity... the Hawks rushed 15 for 28 yards and that's Geno's fault?

Yeah Geno had an INT but it didn't affect the game as the Seahawk D took it right back Geno was sacked 4 times for 38 yards but the pressures he got were enormous!

TOP was 40 min Ravens ,20 min Seahawks that why the Seahawks gave up so many points because they were on the field for way more than they should have.

Did Geno have his best game ... no he did not but what do you really expect a QB to do under that amount of pressure?

Hawks got there ass kicked from a better team... it happens this is the NFL..

This loss doesn't matter. Learn from it and move on.

What matters is how they play down the stretch...

LTH

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
But you see that's the point. Geno is middling at best. He's never going to be the reason we win. Look at all the serious contenders and you'll see teams with good to great QBs.

Geno is middling.
Geno is not the reason the Hawks lost that game. The O as a whole is not playing well. Maybe they will replace Geno for next year... Geno has responsibility for this loss but he is NOT the sole reason why the Hawks lost this game.

LTH

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
The Seahawks lost this game because the O line got their ass kicked in the trenches. That Ravens D is a VERY special D.

Why everybody thinks it's Geno's fault is beyond me. It's just stupidity... the Hawks rushed 15 for 28 yards and that's Geno's fault?

Yeah Geno had an INT but it didn't affect the game as the Seahawk D took it right back Geno was sacked 4 times for 38 yards but the pressures he got were enormous!

TOP was 40 min Ravens ,20 min Seahawks that why the Seahawks gave up so many points because they were on the field for way more than they should have.

Did Geno have his best game ... no he did not but what do you really expect a QB to do under that amount of pressure?

LTH
I'm down on Geno - but I'm as equally down on Waldron and playcalling. I've mentioned it several times - so won't beat a dead horse here -

I wish Waldron would HELP Geno instead of fiddling while Rome burns......

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Further Hawks to have won this game they needed to run the ball effectively to make the Ravens D respect the run game. That didn't happen. The shut the run game down and then went after Geno with a relentless pass rush... the Hawks were 1-12 on 3rd down conversion and they fell behind early which put them in a passing situation. They needed to have a better 3rd down conversion rate to get the run reps . It didn't happen.

LTH

WarHawks

Reaction score
"It's just stupidity." Really? We watched our franchise qb make miracles happen out of thin air for years, with bad o-lines and running for his life. Remember all the big plays off of scramble drills? How is it stupidity to say that we lost because Geno is unable to do that?

morgulon1

Reaction score
Further Hawks to have won this game they needed to run the ball effectively to make the Ravens D respect the run game. That didn't happen. The shut the run game down and then went after Geno with a relentless pass rush... the Hawks were 1-12 on 3rd down conversion and they fell behind early which put them in a passing situation. They needed to have a better 3rd down conversion rate to get the run reps . It didn't happen.

LTH
You can look at any stat line and just look at the two teams 3rd down conversion rate and you won't have to look at the score to know who probably won the game.

The next stat is turnovers . Not even taking into account the several passes bounced off the opponents hands . Geno could've had a 3 + interception day.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
You can look at any stat line and just look at the two teams 3rd down conversion rate and you won't have to look at the score to know who probably won the game.

The next stat is turnovers . Not even taking into account the several passes bounced off the opponents hands . Geno could've had a 3 + interception day.
Yeah and most of that is him trying to do something, anything to get the offense going with the plays that were called. There's plays to be made when the opposition is that aggressive in pass rush, but you have to call those plays to make it happen.

PeruHawk

Reaction score
But you see that's the point. Geno is middling at best. He's never going to be the reason we win. Look at all the serious contenders and you'll see teams with good to great QBs.

Geno is middling.
If Lamar Jackson had been in THAT pocket instead of Gino, I doubt he would have done much better. Hardly EVER any time to throw, and seldom any escape lanes to scramble through. Gino was surrounded by Ravens most of the game.

renofox

Reaction score
Yeah and most of that is him trying to do something, anything to get the offense going with the plays that were called. There's plays to be made when the opposition is that aggressive in pass rush, but you have to call those plays to make it happen.
How often did Geno alert to a hot route?

I think I may have seen 1, but not sure.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score

The bottom line is if you can't run the ball against the Ravens you are going to lose the game....

LTH

Chapow

Reaction score
"It's just stupidity." Really? We watched our franchise qb make miracles happen out of thin air for years, with bad o-lines and running for his life. Remember all the big plays off of scramble drills? How is it stupidity to say that we lost because Geno is unable to do that?

If you need your QB to perform miracles to have a chance because the OLine is playing so poorly, the biggest issue probably isn't the QB.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score

LTH

Seattle got trounced in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Sadly, this game will be a carbon copy of what the 49ers will do to Seattle minus the mobile QB. Its why Seattle fails in the post season year after year after year.

While its not Geno's fault, don't give him a pass. He's been playing horrible and today was no different. The CBPOY last season has come back down to earth and has played like his usual self.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
I'm down on Geno - but I'm as equally down on Waldron and playcalling. I've mentioned it several times - so won't beat a dead horse here -

I wish Waldron would HELP Geno instead of fiddling while Rome burns......
Same thing last week and the defense bailed us out.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
And what's worse? It's getting worse IMO. "Geno could've had a 3+ interception day" - well, is a quote that's pretty applicable to almost every game since Munich, isn't it?

fenderbender123

Reaction score
What about the defense giving up 37 points? No matter how bad your offense is, that is really, really bad.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score

Yeah, I didn't want to bring this up, but I think fans are slowly realizing that all that blame they threw at Wilson isn't near as valid as they thought it once was.