Confidence is lacking since the LOB

JPatera76

Reaction score
IMO Pete has Zero TRUE confidence in the DB and defense since the LOB has been gone. When we had the LOB, we played defense very aggressively. Now its been a lot of of, drop back leave everything in front and we end up get burned every time. He doesnt have the same confidence with this defense that he did with the LOB.

Literally a "Play it safe" defense that scews us everytime.

86Hawk

Reaction score
We definitely need to be more aggressive. We're reacting to plays instead of making them happen.

OP
OP
JPatera76

JPatera76

Reaction score
Well the LOB was a generational defense, so…

Still... can't play every year conservative on defense as they have been. And that's the issue each year, different guys, Same looks, same problems, same results, and same complaints. He's constantly "playing it safe" and not letting the defense just go out there and be aggressive. Instead its the line up off the line 5-10yrds, leaving gaps, leaving the middle open, not wrapping up....oh and having some odd loyalty and obsession with players who on other teams would be lucky to even be on the PS

getnasty

Reaction score
Went man, dialed up pressure and get burnt by Tutu Atwell on a pick route. Probably not gonna give Pete the confidence were hoping for.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
When your defense routinely lets teams convert 3rd downs and march into scoring position - you have to score TDs to offset.

Seeing far too many FGs instead of TDs from our offense. With this defense, it should be clear we have to score 28 if we want to win.

In games we kick more FGs than TDs, I don't expect us to win.

getnasty

Reaction score
Man again and Love gets burnt on a double move.

OP
OP
JPatera76

JPatera76

Reaction score
Look, I like what Pete's done for Seattle football... but I'm ready to move on. I'm very VERY tired of seeing the same shit defense every damn year with the same damn problems.
Different players, different DC's and shits still the SAME.. that's a HC issue not a DC or personnel issue
each yr he feeds us "oh this is better and improved rah rah" bullshit, but then game day its the same old shit.