Confidence is lost

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
The regression is real. Even if it pi**es people off to have that opinion.
People think that going 10-7 every year and a wild card loss is peak performance. It's okay to criticize any lack of vision or real progression if the team is failing to meet expectations.

Last edited:

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
The answer is to hire Coach Eric Taylor - last coached the East Dillon Lions in Dillon, Texas. Bring Tim Riggins in at Full back, Matt Saracen at QB as well and our problems are over.

Xxx

Reaction score
Exactly, good job making the playoffs, oh that’s your goal? What about next year? Oh, making the playoffs? Then what? Oh… make the playoffs…. Have you guys been hanging out with jerry?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No need for the telling people they are satisfied with just the playoffs. I doubt that many are. Playoffs are cool, losing in the playoffs sucks a**

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Exactly, good job making the playoffs, oh that’s your goal? What about next year? Oh, making the playoffs? Then what? Oh… make the playoffs…. Have you guys been hanging out with jerry?
As opposed to what, Consistently NOT making the playoffs??
Hmmm Lets see....Weighing, weighing-- Consistently Sucking weighing, weighing Ever TRYING to get better.....Nope, I still don't get your drift, but that's just me, trying to stay positive, like I told my kids to do while they were growing up.
There's a lotta shit that constantly be comin' at ya, STAY POSITIVE.
Like that old BJ Thomas song, 'Even a Bad Love is Better Than NO Love at All'

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The hyperbole in this thread over the top.

The sky is falling, oh woe is us.

C'mon guys sure it was ugly loss but it was road game, early, and our team apparently missed their wake up call for that game.

They will get better against Washington. You'll get your confidence back after that happens.

Xxx

Reaction score
As opposed to what, Consistently NOT making the playoffs??
Hmmm Lets see....Weighing, weighing-- Consistently Sucking weighing, weighing Ever TRYING to get better.....Nope, I still don't get your drift, but that's just me, trying to stay positive, like I told my kids to do while they were growing up.
There's a lotta shit that constantly be comin' at ya, STAY POSITIVE.
Like that old BJ Thomas song, 'Even a Bad Love is Better Than NO Love at All'
I’m trying hard to stay positive

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I cant believe we beat the lions

IMO the Hawks and Lions are basically the same team. Sporadic QB play, good running backs, good defense.

The only difference is the Lions play in the worst division in the NFL right now, so they're taking advantage of playing all the dumpster fires in their division to a better record.

Xxx

Reaction score
IMO the Hawks and Lions are basically the same team. Sporadic QB play, good running backs, good defense.

The only difference is the Lions play in the worst division in the NFL right now, so they're taking advantage of playing all the dumpster fires in their division to a better record.
Yeah they are similar I like Goff better though. And that Hutchinson kid is a superstar

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
ALL confidence? Absolutely not. One clunker won't change it for me. But, I absolutely have lost some confidence. Mainly because it's a pattern, and this team, once again, has no identity.
For the record, I never feel bad after a WIN. Ever.
I wish I could say this. I get too invested in the game. Better for me to not watch it live. Skip the losses. then I get back 3 hours in my day.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, I can't fathom not watching a game live. Win or Lose, gotta' roll on with your team.
Winning is awesome, you shouldn't have to apologize. Even if it's one of those "how the hell did we win that game" type games.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
And our Mafe kid is soon to be regarded as a beast if he continues at his present pace.

All in all the team had an ugly loss, and that happens to good teams sometimes.

However, it's still the same team and this team has some legit talent both young and old.

When as a team they start to put it together consistently, play after play, we will see a team that could very well be a championship level team.

As Rodgers said: R-E-L-A-X.

Or we could just run around believing as some are doing 'the sky is falling'. What a difference a week makes, how quickly confidence is eroded.

Last edited:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I wish I could say this. I get too invested in the game. Better for me to not watch it live. Skip the losses. then I get back 3 hours in my day.

Pretty much me these days. I get too emotionally invested and if they are laying an egg I would rather save my blood pressure and not spend 3 hours in frustration, anger and being pissy. I watched last Sunday up to the Geno pick and I was done. Damn glad I did that too.

olyfan63

Reaction score
NFL history is full of league champions who endured a blowout loss during the season. I don't recall the Seahawks of 2012-2014 ever getting blown out though.

As some videos pointed out, the Ravens Defense had an uncanny ability to know exactly what play was coming and how to be ready for it. So either we're telegraphing, or there is some shady business involved. I'm going with we're telegraphing and predictable somehow.

Whatever else, this was a wake-up biatch-slap for Pete & Co. Let's see what they've learned, going forward. If similar schitt happens against Washington, their D perfectly anticipates our plays, we'll know something's up with our offense's signaling and communication, or the offense's formations, personnel, motion, etc. are telegraphing the play.