Colin kaepernick gets contract extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Front7vLOB":e5j5n9x8 said:
Scottemojo":e5j5n9x8 said:
In the playoff loss he posted a QBR of 65, just below his career average. With three turnovers.

QBR is dogshit.
I thought he played well in the playoffs. He won two away games against formidable opponents (I don't think GB's defense was even remotely good, but that weather and that stadium is tough to play in), and almost won in the CLink..

I'm confused how he didn't play up to par

He didn't play up to a 65 QBR. Find another QB with three turnovers in crunch time that has ever had a rating that high. Without emphasizing running, his rating is closer to zero than it is to 65.

Front7vLOB

Reaction score
rideaducati":2wl0116b said:
Front7vLOB":2wl0116b said:
Scottemojo":2wl0116b said:
In the playoff loss he posted a QBR of 65, just below his career average. With three turnovers.

QBR is dogshit.
I thought he played well in the playoffs. He won two away games against formidable opponents (I don't think GB's defense was even remotely good, but that weather and that stadium is tough to play in), and almost won in the CLink..

He didn't play up to a 65 QBR. Find another QB with three turnovers in crunch time that has ever had a rating that high. Without emphasizing running, his rating is closer to zero than it is to 65.
why do we have to excise his running success?

it's part of his game.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":324q6055 said:
Seems like a fine deal. Maybe slightly above what I would expect for market on him, but when you get a franchise QB you pay what it takes within reason. I assume this bumps us up to about a $22m/year extension next year on Wilson, assuming that their relative value as QBs doesn't wildly fluctuate this next year.
I'd say 21-22M sounds about right.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Front7vLOB":2ie9pnt2 said:
rideaducati":2ie9pnt2 said:
Front7vLOB":2ie9pnt2 said:
Scottemojo":2ie9pnt2 said:

QBR is dogshit.

why do we have to excise his running success?

it's part of his game.
We don't. But QBR is supposed to weight clutch performance in the 4th qtr. In a game where he blew chunks in the 4th, QBR rewards him for running yards in the first half.

I only pulled that one example because it shows how QBR sucks, but I can top that.

In Colins first three NFL appearances, he was 1 for 2 passing with 7 yards. In those 3 games he also had 10 runs for 63 yards and 2 TDs. His QBR in each game is 100. QBR is a joke.

Front7vLOB

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2pmvpgaf said:
We don't. But QBR is supposed to weight clutch performance in the 4th qtr. In a game where he blew chunks in the 4th, QBR rewards him for running yards in the first half.

I only pulled that one example because it shows how QBR sucks, but I can top that.

In Colins first three NFL appearances, he was 1 for 2 passing with 7 yards. In those 3 games he also had 10 runs for 63 yards and 2 TDs. His QBR in each game is 100. QBR is a joke.
lol. yeah, that is pretty stupid

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Front7vLOB":yvd3hoe8 said:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 53s

Since Colin Kaepernick’s 1st start in 2012, he’s 3rd-highest rated QB w/ total QBR of 69.6, trailing only Manning (83.3) and Rodgers (71.3).

QBR is a good measurement of how good an offensive line you have, since it heavily weighs sacks.

Wilson's career QB rating is 100.6; meanwhile, his "QBR" is only 65.8 due to the high sack rate attributable to his offensive line. Wilson's career QB rating is the 2nd highest in NFL history, behind only Rodgers.

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
JZ#1":3f4l2s7o said:
How you play against the Seahawks is the barometer for how good of a player you are. I am shocked they haven't cut that trash Peyton Manning yet.

Thank you, I can't tell you how many times I tried to type something similar to this point but I didn't want to ruffle any feathers.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
JZ#1":1ljutqyo said:
How you play against the Seahawks is the barometer for how good of a player you are. I am shocked they haven't cut that trash Peyton Manning yet.

Are you still pretending to be a Seahawks fan? LOL

Tumblr n6ny86TAcl1qlkvaio1 400

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3m748qfs said:
JZ#1":3m748qfs said:

Perhaps he is objective?

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":3nx0g36y said:
hawknation2014":3nx0g36y said:
JZ#1":3nx0g36y said:

Perhaps he is objective?

No one actually believes that dude is a Seahawks fan.

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":4rvyotc9 said:
Sourdough #49":4rvyotc9 said:
hawknation2014":4rvyotc9 said:
JZ#1":4rvyotc9 said:

Perhaps he is objective?

Yea I saw that in the Aldon Smith thread... :thfight7:

JZ#1

Reaction score
hawknation2014":13fm6eqm said:
Sourdough #49":13fm6eqm said:
hawknation2014":13fm6eqm said:
JZ#1":13fm6eqm said:

Perhaps he is objective?

I don't care what you or anyone believes. Get lost little man.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Back to your point about comparing Kaepernick with Manning . . .

Against the Seahawks, Manning completed over 69% of his passes with a 73.5 QB rating. Those numbers are worlds apart from Kaepernick's performance vs. the Seahawks.

In the NFC championship game, Kaepernick completed just 58% of his passes with a 56.4 QB rating, which is in line with his career stats against his rival. Choke . . .

Popeyejones

Reaction score
DavidSeven":20jgmegc said:
Either way, they probably could have fit in Crabtree if they really wanted him. The question is can they squeeze in Crabree, Iupat, re-do Davis, re-do Boone, etc., etc...

Nobody is expecting Iupati to be back or Davis to be redone. The number of knowledgeable 9ers fans expecting Crabtree to be back can probably be counted on two hands. I think Boone is more dependent on their recent draft picks than his own play, TBH,

In any case, everyone everywhere was expecting somewhere between 18 and 20, and it's barely on the lower end of that but basically in the middle, so it's right in line with expectations. Are there honestly Hawks fans who think it's smarter to give 18 per to Cutler or 21 per to Flacco than it is to give 18 per to Kap? This also means Wilson will likely end up in the 20-23 range, which is what everyone has been expecting since the SB win.

Basically who knows if this will have been a wise move or not, but I'm surprised that anyone is surprised by this.

JZ#1

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3c1k17ck said:

Against the Seahawks, Manning completed over 69% of his passes with a 73.5 QB rating. Those numbers are worlds apart from Kaepernick's performance vs. the Seahawks.

In the NFC championship game, Kaepernick completed just 58% of his passes with a 56.4 QB rating, which is in line with his career stats against his rival. Choke . . .

I don't want to defend Kaepernick but he still had his team in a position to knock off the eventual superbowl champs. The majority of those completions that Peyton had were dump off passes and while the Seahawks were in prevent defense with the game completely out of reach. Did Peyton ever put his team in position to win the game? I guess you deleted Kaepernick's 100+ yard rushing performance from your memory he had against us too. Our defense makes a lot of quarterbacks look silly. Kaepernick is a good player. If you can't admit it, you have issues.

Largent80

Reaction score
:icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig:

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":29ac6zwa said:

I'm sure C-Link has nothing to do with that either :177692:

kearly

Reaction score
This isn't as big an overpay as the media makes it out to be. Right now slightly above average QBs are making close to $20 million. I think if Kaepernick were to reach UFA next offseason this is the kind of contract he'd probably get from some team.

Still, this is good news for a couple reasons. The first is that you can't possibly argue Kaepernick is a bargain anymore. He's not a "moneyball" type asset at this kind of salary. Even if Kaepernick improves dramatically next season with four good targets to throw to and is a no-doubt elite QB, his salary would only be par for the course.

The second reason it's good news is because Kaepernick is a structure dependent QB and you wonder how he will fare post-Harbaugh. Harbaugh would be coaching a different NFL team this very instant if not for his wife vetoing the deal, and the SF FO wouldn't consent to a trade unless they felt Harbaugh's future in SF was short-lived. I don't expect Harbaugh to be in SF two years from now. What happens to Kaepernick then? Especially if since some of his current weapons may not be on the roster a couple years from now.

I know CK gives douchey interviews but he was not like that pre-Harbaugh. He strikes me as a good person, I am very happy for his family who adopted him as a child that they get to enjoy this moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.