What are your thoughts on JRod?

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Baseball is a game of streaks both positive and negative, Aaron Judge is also off to a slow start I am confident both players will find their grove and go on a hot streak or 2. One thing about home run hitters is they hit them in bunches

had2bhawk

Reaction score
He may have a .255 average, but whenever I watch him in a game, I'm surprised it's even above, say, .215. Totally legit concern/observation. He feels like a player who either needs major health check/eye exam and/or a few weeks in the minors. Otherwise, I'm starting to wonder if the 2022 HR derby did something long-term to him.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Julio is batting .255 at this point in the season, which is fine. However he's struck out 44 times, and has only hit 1 homerun.

I understand there are many more stats to look at, but to me, an average fan, those numbers are pretty average, and the strikeouts are a bit concerning.

It's like everytime he goes up to bat, he's trying to tattoo the baseball. Why does he keep doing this? Surely the coaches can't be telling him to swing as hard as he can at every pitch, right? I mean, just try to put the ball in play man.

Look, I get he's only 23 and has a ton of potential. And maybe a few weeks from now he's going to completely catch fire and all will be well. But so far, at this point in the season, I'm really worried about Julio. I'm not sure if our coaching staff is the problem, or if he's trying to just do too much, or what's going on

Why does Scott keep him batting in the 2 or 3 spot? Why not move him down for a bit in the batting order so he can refocus, or whatever is troubling him?

What do you guys think? I'm expecting some responses along the lines of "Julio is the least of our concerns" or "we're above .500 stfu" but I firmly believe Julio can and should be producing a lot more than what we're seeing.
Julio is better through the first 2 seasons then Jr was overall. I am not saying he is a HOF player but some ppl are wild on the takes.(not saying u)

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
He may have a .255 average, but whenever I watch him in a game, I'm surprised it's even above, say, .215. Totally legit concern/observation. He feels like a player who either needs major health check/eye exam and/or a few weeks in the minors. Otherwise, I'm starting to wonder if the 2022 HR derby did something long-term to him.
Bad take. The minors? So Griffey would have been sent down by u.