I haven't felt this good after a loss since, well, forever.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
What a great game.

Smash mouth, old school, 80's football. Yeah we lost. But we didn't embarrass ourselves. For the most part, we played well in a very tough place to play at 10am. Russell ran out of 4th quarter magic but he played exceptional overall.

The defense I have a bone or three to pick, but they created turnovers and kept them out of the endzone in the second half. Injuries have derailed our season to a point. 6-4? Not great, but we could be 4-6 so I'll take it.

Maybe I am getting sensitive in my old age but that tomahawk chop crap by thousands of white people drive me nuts. Even if they don't mean it consciously, it's a racist act, IMO. I could live without it, that's for sure. That's okay if you disagree, It's not like I am worked up about it, but, well, meh.

We fought well...BEAST!!! Sucks to lose Unger, again. Man.

This isn't a loss of yesteryear where we lament on and on about how sucky we are. We are still a very, very good football team that happens to be showing our warts from injuries and lack of depth.

Chins up 12's!!

NEXT WEEK WE BEAT THE CARDINALS!

2_0_6

Reaction score
I honestly feel the total opposite. I'm usually a homer, and find silver linings in losses but this game was UGLY.

Defense got gashed.
No WR separation even though they played man against us all game.
Unger out with what looks like a significant leg injury.
Piss poor lay calling on the 4th & goal from the 2. Goal line fade to Doug? I would have been happy with a FG and go down by 1.
Get rid of the bubble screens. They DO NOT work regardless of who they attempt to throw to.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
I think that fact that we're 6-4 inspite of all our injuries is incredible. We are not the 2013 team where we were 3-players deep at each position.

The Chiefs beat us with ball control and gutsy defense... this was a mirror match and we couldn't run it in for a TD on 10 chances.

Is the NFC West still the toughest division in the NFL? Yes, no doubt in my mind.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Aros":23zkw2rn said:
What a great game.

Smash mouth, old school, 80's football. Yeah we lost. But we didn't embarrass ourselves. For the most part, we played well in a very tough place to play at 10am. Russell ran out of 4th quarter magic but he played exceptional overall.

The defense I have a bone or three to pick, but they created turnovers and kept them out of the endzone in the second half. Injuries have derailed our season to a point. 6-4? Not great, but we could be 4-6 so I'll take it.

Maybe I am getting sensitive in my old age but that tomahawk chop crap by thousands of white people drive me nuts. Even if they don't mean it consciously, it's a racist act, IMO. I could live without it, that's for sure. That's okay if you disagree, It's not like I am worked up about it, but, well, meh.

We fought well...BEAST!!! Sucks to lose Unger, again. Man.

This isn't a loss of yesteryear where we lament on and on about how sucky we are. We are still a very, very good football team that happens to be showing our warts from injuries and lack of depth.

Chins up 12's!!

NEXT WEEK WE BEAT THE CARDINALS!
Nice try aros

Crizilla

Reaction score
Playoffs are hanging by a thread now. Gonna come down to the last game

pmedic920

Reaction score
Yea bro, you have my respect generally speaking but I can't follow you down this path.

I'm embarrassed.
Chiefs played SEAHAWK football and played it better than us.

rjdriver

Reaction score
It's because you're getting anniversary sex tonight Aros! I'm so proud of Beast, we had our chances, but this one hurts.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Well it might feel good, but it is the harbinger that this team not only won't be able to win the NFC West but likely won't make the playoffs.

Clearly the loss of Mebane hurt BAD. We should expect to lose against SF in SF, and I doubt we beat the Eagles - which makes the SF game in Seattle almost besides the point.

We have a brutal stretch coming up and we haven't beaten a single good team on the road all year. Which according to the #s means a loss in SF, in Philly, and in AZ. That by itself would put us out of the running.

It is still an entertaining team and it is fighting and scratching in spite of the injuries, but I think the losses this year pretty much clearly nailed down we weren't going to do anything this year.

Maybe get Kam his surgery and try again next year. I would have taken him out for it long ago, it was clear this team was done the moment he needed it.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I felt like I was watching the mid 90's Seahawks today. They show just enough in flashes to make you think they have a chance, but the reality is they're just not good enough on either side of the ball to win the game.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
playoff hopes hanging by a thread now...more injuries...worst o line in nfl...pedestrian receivers...overrated defence...hot and cold qb. too deep in the season to think all this magically fixes itself. this is a normal season for a defending champ. once the commercials end and the hunger comes back we will be fine....just not going to happen this year.

Largent80

Reaction score
That game kicked ass. It is the reason I watch.

Up and down, back and forth, and we are hanging with the best teams now with all the injuries.

I LOVE my Hawks win or lose.

vanhawk

Reaction score
I completely agree regarding the "tomahawk chop". It's a ridiculous thing to be doing in 2014. It's things like that which will be looked back on in 50, 100, 150 years, etc.. "C'mon no way, they really did that?" ... "Yeah I'm not kidding -- stadiums packed full of white people making chopping actions with their arms and going "ohhh oohhh oohhh.." It's absurd!

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
It was a well fought game. I feel we should have came out on top but all in all I think they left it all out on the field.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
It was an entertaining game and a rare one with both teams running the ball.

I think one of the byproducts of "Pete Carroll Football" is that he likes to keep games close to try to win them at the end. This is very frustrating for fans because it will leave them thinking they should have won and blew it in a close loss.

On the other hand, this team is generally always competitive and in games, and that's where I would disagree with Jay. The teams you mentioned often weren't even in the game.

Sterlinghawk

Reaction score
I can't quite get there on this one....we should have won. It doesn't feel like we play smart football anymore. Still believe we make playoffs though. but I always do.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Aros and Largent, we're on the same page.

We had a 2 turnover advantage.
Squandered opportunities with huge T.O.P advantages
Ran, ran, and ran some more in 20 degree weather.
......and I feel fine with it.

That was a seriously enjoyable game.
At 6-4, were not a team of 53 turds.
Yeah, we have holes but everyone has holes.
GO HAWKS!!!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Wow, I am honestly surprised by many of the responses. I get that I shouldn't be jumping up and down and passing out lolipops, and I get there are real issues needing to be addressed but come on man, take off the 12 Suit for a second and realize it was a good game to watch and we aren't going to win every game.

Guess this is what I get for posting fresh after a loss.

:16:

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I'm with ya 100% Todd. With the exception of the Unger injury, if we gotta take an L that's the kind I like it to be.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Aros":3h9bte4j said:
Wow, I am honestly surprised by many of the responses. I get that I shouldn't be jumping up and down and passing out lolipops, and I get there are real issues needing to be addressed but come on man, take off the 12 Suit for a second and realize it was a good game to watch and we aren't going to win every game.

Guess this is what I get for posting fresh after a loss.

:16:

Great points my man. I won't forget this one for a long time. I'm emotionally drained and fully understand that our leaders played their heart out. A lot of teams would have been steamrolled and given up in that environment with the key injuries we have.