Wilson wanted to go to a city that "Wants to Win"

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Rumor was they wanted to trade him to another team like WFT but Russ would not OK.

So it makes sense he would want a place that has a chance at winning, if he is feeling like his ability to contribute as a QB was constrained here.

It shouldn't shock anyone that he wanted a destination that he feels has a good chance to win with him at the helm.

Not sure how this is some terrible insult, since most QB probably don't want to end up on a franchise where winning is unlikely.

This is an odd thing to get upset about.

Or even be shocked at hearing.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Rumor was they wanted to trade him to another team like WFT but Russ would not OK.

So it makes sense he would want a place that has a chance at winning, if he is feeling like his ability to contribute as a QB was constrained here.

It shouldn't shock anyone that he wanted a destination that he feels has a good chance to win with him at the helm.

Not sure how this is some terrible insult, since most QB probably don't want to end up on a franchise where winning is unlikely.

This is an odd thing to get upset about.

Or even be shocked at hearing.

Denver might have a solid young team, but to say you wanted to go to a winner when that team hasn't sniffed the playoffs in six years is pretty funny.

Even with Russ the Broncos are still the 3rd or 4th best team in their own division. So good luck with all that "winning" Russ.

Hyak

Reaction score
I think some on here are taking the comments out of context. It wasn't a diss on Seattle but more along the lines of "I'm not going somewhere that isn't committed to winning".

The bottom line is that Seattle was never going to pay 35 year old RW $ 50 M a year fully guaranteed and there's no question he didn't have complete faith the team was going to be winning SB's either.

chrispy

Reaction score
Maybe it was an off-the-cuff remark that was meant only as positive toward Denver.
or
Maybe RW3 has a team of publicists that consciously try to keep him in the news and his comments are thoroughly thought out ahead of time. Perhaps crafting a statement in advance that induces press in Seattle and Washington DC, gets some national coverage and lingers for weeks on the internet (instead of 5 minutes on the local Denver news) was intentional.

I guess we'll really never know. I mean, it's not as if there's a track record one way or the other....

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Fans want to win. Russ want to win … an MVP for himself. Coaches want to win ... another year of paychecks coaching. And the owners, well they kept “3 playoff wins in 7 years” PC as coach - so they obviously don’t give a rats ass about winning at all.
Pete ... "Let Russ Cook" ... DEFENSES went 2 High - & put a choke hold on Russ's pretty Rainbow passes, so >Russ FAILED< to win his coveted MVP ... The game isn't just about ONE person's EGO FEEDING ... Even with the likes of Doug Baldwin, Tyler Lockett & DK Metcalf >>Mr. "Top 5 Quarterback" Russell Wilson<< was only able to DELIVER "3 playoff wins in 7 years" WILSON as FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK ... ALSO, Pete was >NOT< "Responsible for all of Wilson's 3 & outs" + 10 to 20 yard SACKS ... Coaches could Coach Russ 'till Hell froze over, and RUSS WAS STILL GOING TO DO RUSS-BALL HIS OWN WAY, and as such, RUSS DESERVES his SHARE of the BLAME, FOR HIS OWN FAILURES ... Pete could "lead his horse to the water, but he couldn't force him to drink it" - so Russ is "Obviously" sluffing his share of the blame on his former Coaches & TEAMMATES, and that's the "Rats Ass" FACTS of the matter.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Maybe it was an off-the-cuff remark that was meant only as positive toward Denver.
or
Maybe RW3 has a team of publicists that consciously try to keep him in the news and his comments are thoroughly thought out ahead of time. Perhaps crafting a statement in advance that induces press in Seattle and Washington DC, gets some national coverage and lingers for weeks on the internet (instead of 5 minutes on the local Denver news) was intentional.

I guess we'll really never know. I mean, it's not as if there's a track record one way or the other....
Whether or not his remark was intentional or not, it was still a back of the hand slap to the city of Seattle and its Fans.

rcaido

Reaction score
Scorn fans will interpret the way they want but for normal people will just see it as a new player praising the new city he is going to play.

How fragile do people have to be to have someone put a disclaimer everytime you praise something other then your ex-team.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
you shouldn't be surprised, meh. Waste of energy. To many fans, he was Satan when he was here, and he'll be Satan after. It was time for both sides to move on.

He made his choice, the team made theirs. On to 2022, with the guys that are ACTUALLY ON THE TEAM.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
you shouldn't be surprised, meh. Waste of energy. To many fans, he was Satan when he was here, and he'll be Satan after. It was time for both sides to move on.

He made his choice, the team made theirs. On to 2022, with the guys that are ACTUALLY ON THE TEAM.
Amen.

RW is an ass. Good riddance. I don't think he's satan.

I just think he's a pretty creepy narcissist with a penchant for disturbing videos. But that's just me.

Agreed - on to actual THIS SEASON events!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Scorn fans will interpret the way they want but for normal people will just see it as a new player praising the new city he is going to play.

How fragile do people have to be to have someone put a disclaimer everytime you praise something other then your ex-team.

Dude it's June 21st, what else we gonna talk about, Mone's new contract?

I love Russ, he's arguably the greatest Hawk of all time. But he's full of crap 95% of the time. So there's nothing wrong with poking fun at his stupid robotic cliches and comments, even on another team now.

Mizak

Reaction score
He’s just trying to follow the Broncos QB culture leagacy aka Elway winning 2 Super Bowls, Manning winning 1 Super Bowl even though Manning was washed up by then. Maybe Wilson knows he’s washed up and can sneak in on a Super Bowl win while depending on the Broncos defense?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Yep. In Denver they won’t ask Russ to win the big game in the final seconds. They want to win more than make him look like an mvp.
Yep, Wilson= 'I' going to Win as an Individual <-> Or 'YOU' Lose as a Team.

RiverDog

Reaction score

I love Russ, he's arguably the greatest Hawk of all time. But he's full of crap 95% of the time. So there's nothing wrong with poking fun at his stupid robotic cliches and comments, even on another team now.
Yeah, I hear ya about Russell's tendency to talk in cliches, as was his penchant for saying what ever those around him wanted to hear. 10 years of listening to him putting lipstick on every pig on the farm really got old.

But that's not what's so bothersome. It's these vile, personal insults, threats to boo him out of the stadium, and other gestures is what bothers me. Recognize him for what he did for our franchise and cease with the other garbage.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I don’t worry too much what a player says when he goes to another team. He is going to praise the new team. He should. and someone from his old team will take it as a slight. They shouldn’t.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score

Greatest QB, sure. But he has never been the best in the league at his position. Sherman, Walter Jones, Tez, Largent, Chancellor, Thomas, Lynch, Wagner, Hutchinson IMO all were better Hawks.

Scout

Reaction score
The Washington Commanders have a lot better pieces on defense and I like their OL they have assembled. Honestly it came down to an offensive oriented focus in Denver over Washington having Rivera as the HC.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Weird, why you guys don’t wish for an injury. I hope he gets hit and injured. As long as it’s not dirty. Keep hitting him and you can change the QB. Make them like Kapernick.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Greatest QB, sure. But he has never been the best in the league at his position. Sherman, Walter Jones, Tez, Largent, Chancellor, Thomas, Lynch, Wagner, Hutchinson IMO all were better Hawks.
That's why I said arguably.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Most on that list also involve themselves in some capacity with the Hawks still and some of the players new and old...