Wilson wanted PC and JS fired?

OP
OP
JPatera76

JPatera76

Reaction score
I wonder about the role of Wilson's long term agent Mark Rodgers. Rodgers interest in Russell dates all the way back to Wilson's days at North Carolina State. And in the process of negotiating an agreement for that huge second contract, he certainly became familiar with ownership and management. Hard to presume that Rodgers was just an idle observer in the back ground as Russell's time with the Seahawks came to a noisy close.

View attachment 57788 View attachment 57789
I feel like RW gives his agent the Dad treatment. And Rodgers exploits it by encouraging the behavior.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The biggest mystery is why Russ wants Peyton so much.

Brees was one of these ultra high processors. Like Brock Purdy. Theres A test for it. https://archive.ph/65rM5

The thought that Peyton is gonna make Russ a Brees is ridiculous. He will have to use a very different strategy that will look a lot like Jerry Rosberg who got it from Pete Carroll.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Funny when I looked at some of the links from Fieldgulls and see Rich Eisen commenting negatively about Russ's office in Denver. Things come full circle, as wasn't it Eisen's show where Russ initially went publicly with his unhappiness and hints about wanting out back after the Super Bowl in Feb 2021?

Torc

Reaction score
I think S
Seattle Times columnist Matt Calkins had a good commentary on The Atlantic article:

Trying to get Pete Carroll to bad-mouth a former player of his is like trying to get an Auburn fan to yell “Roll Tide!” The Seahawks coach doesn’t do it — even when it would be justified.

Richard Sherman blamed Carroll for costing them the Super Bowl after a sideline explosion in 2016, but Pete never once chided him in public. Earl Thomas flipped him the bird in his final game as a Seahawk, yet Carroll did nothing but laud the safety in ensuing news conferences.

Examples such as these abound, which is why one particular response stood out before the Seahawks’ season opener vs. Denver last September.

Any thoughts on fans potentially booing Russell Wilson?

“You are either competing, or you are not. … It’s game time, and we are going for it, so however [fans] take it, I will follow their lead on that,” Carroll said. “I’ll leave it up to the 12s. I think they will know exactly what to do.”

That wasn’t love for a quarterback that shined in Seattle for 10 years and led the Seahawks to their only Super Bowl title. That was a signal to the fans to let the boo birds rain.

Could Pete’s answer simply have been a reflection of his competitive nature? Sure. Or maybe he was still fuming that Wilson … tried to get him fired.

That’s what a Friday report from the Athletic alleged anyway. It said that Wilson asked ownership to can Carroll and Seahawks general manager John Schneider because he “was convinced that Carroll and Schneider were inhibiting his quest to win additional Super Bowls and individual awards.”

The sources were anonymous, and Wilson denied doing so, but I doubt many people will believe him. Fair or not, Russell’s reputation in Seattle will likely never recover from this. Most folks will always see him as a fraud.

One of the reasons fans are so warm to a player such as Marshawn Lynch is because they feel they are seeing authenticity epitomized. It’s not as if Beast Mode didn’t create unnecessary tension during his time in Seattle, as he’d regularly question authority and occasionally skip team bus rides. But people knew who he was.

Same is true of Sherman, who has irked thousands of 12s over the years, yet still received a booming ovation at a Seattle charity basketball event last year. He’s real. People know that. Wilson comes off as the furthest thing from that.

Russell would give all the prepackaged answers about how dedicated he was to the Seahawks, then drum up a list of four teams he’d be willing to be traded to. He’d try to come off like just one of the guys, but then have his own staff and office in the Broncos’ building. And if this report is true — to go after a coach and GM’s livelihood? Such a departure from the image Wilson cultivated.

This is so true. Randy Johnson and Ken Griffey Jr. got standing ovations on their first trips back to Safeco field. Griffey even returned to the team and was welcomed with open arms by the fans. Alex Rodriguez had (fake) money thrown at him from the stands on his first trip back. Russ reminds me a LOT of Alex. "Oh, I want to be here. Money isn't the issue." Then signs a then-record contract. Seem familiar? (Russ' wasn't a record contract but it's up there.)

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Notice how Russ doesn't say "I didn't go to the owners and ask for him to be fired"...He just says "I never wanted him fired".

RiverDog

Reaction score
I wonder about the role of Wilson's long term agent Mark Rodgers. Rodgers interest in Russell dates all the way back to Wilson's days at North Carolina State. And in the process of negotiating an agreement for that huge second contract, he certainly became familiar with ownership and management. Hard to presume that Rodgers was just an idle observer in the back ground as Russell's time with the Seahawks came to a noisy close.

View attachment 57788 View attachment 57789
Mark Rodgers has been a constant. If Russell has truly changed, then we need to be looking for people or events that entered his life sometime after his rookie season. That's why I suggested that the breakup of his first marriage and his entry into his second might account for the difference.

There's also the possibility that Russell has always been this way, that his fame and fortune exposed his personality, not shaped it as we're all assuming.
Notice how Russ doesn't say "I didn't go to the owners and ask for him to be fired"...He just says "I never wanted him fired".
Yep. Just like he said that he "wanted" to play in Seattle for another 20 years. It's a lawyer or politician's trick to wiggle out of a lie. "Oral sex isn't sex."

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score

Brees was one of these ultra high processors. Like Brock Purdy. Theres A test for it. https://archive.ph/65rM5

The thought that Peyton is gonna make Russ a Brees is ridiculous. He will have to use a very different strategy that will look a lot like Jerry Rosberg who got it from Pete Carroll.

Thank you for the article link, it was an interesting read!

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Fieldgulls is on fire in the comments

yeah. yet a year ago i couldn't post anything there "anti-me3" without instant blacklash. with how last season played out and now that everything is out in the open, it's all anti-me3. what a difference a year makes.

echo chambers gonna echo

almost like how everyone sports ukraine flags after our government had already exploited/destroyed that country. mind blowing.

Jville

Reaction score
Mark Rodgers has been a constant. If Russell has truly changed, then we need to be looking for people or events that entered his life sometime after his rookie season. That's why I suggested that the breakup of his first marriage and his entry into his second might account for the difference.

There's also the possibility that Russell has always been this way, that his fame and fortune exposed his personality, not shaped it as we're all assuming.

Yep. Just like he said that he "wanted" to play in Seattle for another 20 years. It's a lawyer or politician's trick to wiggle out of a lie. "Oral sex isn't sex."

You make an excellent point. Consider the following event ...............

As I recall, Russell Wilson took the September of 2021 loss of Trevor Moawad, his mental coach, particularly hard. Trevor had been fighting cancer for 2 years.

He was credited with assisting Wilson with all the psychological facets of what he does, both on and off the field. They even had a joint venture, called Limitless Minds, which aims to bring the competitive thinking from sports into the corporate world.

From "The Athletic" .....

"Trev was known as one of the world’s top strategic advisors and mental conditioning coaches for elite athletes, teams and organizations," Limitless Minds said in the statement. "But he was more than that. He was a bright light that impacted people all over the globe, changing the lives of many, helping people reach heights they never knew were possible."

"He was a great author, a powerful and engaging speaker, an elite thinker and a loyal friend. Trevor’s legacy will live on for generations."

A beloved mental conditioning coach who mentored college and pro athletes, he co-founded Limitless minds in 2018 with Wilson, the eight-time Pro Bowler. Moawad's book, "It Takes What It Takes," was released last year (co-written with The Athletic's Andy Staples).

"My heart is heavy today…I will forever miss you," Wilson wrote on Twitter on Thursday morning.

https://theathletic.com/4199595/202...-who-worked-closely-with-athletes-dies-at-48/

Added as an Edit:

FJ83es XEAsyY 9formatjpgnamelarge

............... note that the foreword was written by Ciara.

Attachments

• 1677475166213.png
    1677475166213.png
    373.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Lagartixa

Reaction score
yeah. yet a year ago i couldn't post anything there "anti-me3" without instant blacklash. with how last season played out and now that everything is out in the open, it's all anti-me3. what a difference a year makes.

Back in 2020, toward the end of my time on the Seahawks-fan web community with the silly name, there was this one guy who was completely convinced that the awful (my word, definitely not his) trade for Jamal Adams was not just going to put the Seahawks over the top for a title, but create a new dynasty. And he got really mad and went on the attack any time anyone said, for example, that even though Adams had been a really good player for the Jets so far, the Seahawks had given up way too much to get him. I'm guessing that guy, if he's still posting over there, is not singing the praises of that trade quite as loudly now, and he might have even come to see it as the disaster most of us do, but I'm done there, so I don't know for sure.

And even though I quit the site with the silly name over two years ago and don't regret it, that place never had a monopoly on Wilson defenders. Let's not forget how much people here at .NET were piling on @keasley45 and @Maelstrom787 back in August and early September for daring to suggest that Geno Smith's performance in the 2022 preseason and replacing Wilson in the lineup in 2021 suggested Smith might actually not be bad in 2022 (a position that was strawmanned into crap along the lines of "OK, sure, Geno is headed to the Hall of Fame"). There are still Wilson fans and Smith detractors here now, even though @John63 fled .NET in September and even the Broncos boards back in November. Back before the 2022 regular season started, a solid majority of comments here on .NET about the Seahawks' QB situation expressed certainty that Smith was going to be awful, and many of the replies to @keasley45 and @Maelstrom787's comments consisted of outright ridicule.

toffee

Reaction score

Too bad their data aren't public.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Idk who Russ's publicist(s) are, but they should all be fired.

I've been watching and following sports for over 45 years, I've NEVER seen a more tone deaf athlete ever. So either Russ has the worst PR advisors in the history of sports, or he totally ignores them.

Or both.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Idk who Russ's publicist(s) are, but they should all be fired.

I've been watching and following sports for over 45 years, I've NEVER seen a more tone deaf athlete ever. So either Russ has the worst PR advisors in the history of sports, or he totally ignores them.

Or both.
Staying neutral in the face of negativity and chaos fits right in with all of this. He and his people just ignore everything and power right on through. I'm sure it's snake oil just like every other motivational speaker or movement, but I can't imagine this Mowad fellow is suggesting that staying neutral in the face of negativity that you, yourself are responsible for creating is healthy in any way

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
You make an excellent point. Consider the following event ...............

As I recall, Russell Wilson took the September of 2021 loss of Trevor Moawad, his mental coach, particularly hard. Trevor had been fighting cancer for 2 years.

He was credited with assisting Wilson with all the psychological facets of what he does, both on and off the field. They even had a joint venture, called Limitless Minds, which aims to bring the competitive thinking from sports into the corporate world.

From "The Athletic" .....

"Trev was known as one of the world’s top strategic advisors and mental conditioning coaches for elite athletes, teams and organizations," Limitless Minds said in the statement. "But he was more than that. He was a bright light that impacted people all over the globe, changing the lives of many, helping people reach heights they never knew were possible."

"He was a great author, a powerful and engaging speaker, an elite thinker and a loyal friend. Trevor’s legacy will live on for generations."

A beloved mental conditioning coach who mentored college and pro athletes, he co-founded Limitless minds in 2018 with Wilson, the eight-time Pro Bowler. Moawad's book, "It Takes What It Takes," was released last year (co-written with The Athletic's Andy Staples).

"My heart is heavy today…I will forever miss you," Wilson wrote on Twitter on Thursday morning.

https://theathletic.com/4199595/202...-who-worked-closely-with-athletes-dies-at-48/

Added as an Edit:

View attachment 57804

View attachment 57805

............... note that the foreword was written by Ciara.

View attachment 57807
I think there is a fine line between having the confidence to be an elite NFL player and being a complete ego manic. I think its very prevalent in contract negotiations. I think that's Carrolls biggest challenge under his philosophy is keeping his players balanced. I absolutely think the loss of Moawad impacted Wilson in a negative way.

from the Athletic...

"He was credited with assisting Wilson with all the psychological facets of what he does, both on and off the field. They even had a joint venture, called Limitless Minds, which aims to bring the competitive thinking from sports into the corporate world."

Maybe Keasley45 has some thoughts on this concept?

It's my opinion that Wilson has just had bad advice from the people around him (feeding his ego) and is basically immature as a person, which has led to bad choices being made. I've seen this before with young men and their ambition.

Just my take

flv2

Reaction score
So if the 'Wilson wanted Carroll and Schneider fired' story didn't come from Carroll or Schneider who did it come from?