Wilson to miss start of OTAs

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
TheRealDTM your probably one of the guys commenting on it on facebook, I've seen alot of nasty comments regarding him missing the OTA's. Social media can be pretty brutal when people aren't informed of what's going on. Here's some comments from that article posted on facebook.

"Personal matter as in he is a greedy crybaby QB! Over paid and over rated! Grow up Russell, man up! If I owned the Schmucks, would have traded you and fired Petey boy, Petey hasn't been fired for awhile and it's time! As far as the wanna be QB, trade him to Chicago, they are very good at over paying mediocre QB's, just ask Jay Cutler!"

"Spray tanning appointment perhaps ?"

"He finally started his period!"

"That rash hasn't cleared up YET Russell??"

"domestic violence?" yeah someone went there with that one

Wilson isn't respected by other team's fans, but I feel like it can be said around here as well, shameful though because when we were losing everyone was hoping for a franchise QB now it's oh he's going to cost us too much.

Anthony!

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":1s6azsxl said:
TheRealDTM your probably one of the guys commenting on it on facebook, I've seen alot of nasty comments regarding him missing the OTA's. Social media can be pretty brutal when people aren't informed of what's going on. Here's some comments from that article posted on facebook.

"Personal matter as in he is a greedy crybaby QB! Over paid and over rated! Grow up Russell, man up! If I owned the Schmucks, would have traded you and fired Petey boy, Petey hasn't been fired for awhile and it's time! As far as the wanna be QB, trade him to Chicago, they are very good at over paying mediocre QB's, just ask Jay Cutler!"

Wilson isn't respected by other team's fans, but I feel like it can be said around here as well, shameful though because when we were losing everyone was hoping for a franchise QB now it's oh he's going to cost us too much.

Great post spot on.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Anthony!":1kfygxde said:
theincrediblesok":1kfygxde said:

Great post spot on.

LOL don't agree too much with me Anthony! some people think we are the same people posting. I just happened to agree with some of your assessment when it comes to Wilson.

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
Who cares what other fan bases think of RW.

I think that him going with JG is an awesome sign and hope he really is helping.

Also do we forget how many times Walter Jones held out and every year we were so glad to have him on our side.

With the veteran players missing OTA is not as big of deal. I am sure most will get their work in. Plus many of the older players can probably use a little extra time off due to how many games they have played in the last two years.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
EntiatHawk":29mltcl0 said:

I think that him going with JG is an awesome sign and hope he really is helping.

Also do we forget how many times Walter Jones held out and every year we were so glad to have him on our side.

With the veteran players missing OTA is not as big of deal. I am sure most will get their work in. Plus many of the older players can probably use a little extra time off due to how many games they have played in the last two years.

Exactly people forget that our players for the last two years played more games than any other teams. They need some rest, and OTAs is optional, it's when it comes to mandatory then people can worry.

I think Wilson is building that bond with Jimmy. Remember he had a great bond with Tate and it showed during games.

kidhawk

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":ilucdi39 said:
EntiatHawk":ilucdi39 said:

Exactly people forget that our players for the last two years played more games than any other teams. They need some rest, and OTAs is optional, it's when it comes to mandatory then people can worry.

I think Wilson is building that bond with Jimmy. Remember he had a great bond with Tate and it showed during games.

I agree....well mostly. I believe Walter Jones was never a holdout....at least not technically. When he was missing training camp, he was not under contract. He was franchised and I believe he waited to sign the tender each year until the pre season began. To me, unless you've signed the contract you are not really a holdout.

As for anyone missing a voluntary workout, it would be great if they showed up, but they are voluntary for a reason, and if a player chooses to miss voluntary workouts, for whatever reason, I won't blame them. To me, there is no issue until we get to mandatory workouts and training camp. I wouldn't be surprised if we have an issue then, but until then, it's no big deal whatsoever.

MB12

Reaction score
On the subject of OTAs, I haven't seen it mentioned if Marshawn turned up or not?

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I think Lynch skips out most of the OTAs he gets his training in still though and still stay in shape

drdiags

Reaction score
So what happened to Avril's family? I only heard the tail end where Pete was saying that Wilson was going to try to visit with Avril after he leaves Florida/Jimmy Graham. I am gathering someone in Avril's family has passed or seriously injured.

Nothing yet on the Webz.

dbmack

Reaction score
drdiags":2n1thacv said:
So what happened to Avril's family? I only heard the tail end where Pete was saying that Wilson was going to try to visit with Avril after he leaves Florida/Jimmy Graham. I am gathering someone in Avril's family has passed or seriously injured.

Nothing yet on the Webz.
He posted on his instgram 3 days ago that his father passed away.

https://instagram.com/p/3CcwYFDAIn/

Basis4day

Reaction score
MB12":2ec0u38k said:
On the subject of OTAs, I haven't seen it mentioned if Marshawn turned up or not?

He did not attend. Clearly a hold out situation.

MB12

Reaction score
Basis4day":sk11uv3s said:
MB12":sk11uv3s said:

He did not attend. Clearly a hold out situation.
OMG meltdown cut him now!

On a serious note, I'm shocked certain sections of the media haven't reported this and tried to show it as the Seahawks collapsing...

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Does anyone know how Mrs. Meyerson died? I have read the obituary but it didn't say how she died. She was only 45. That is way too young to pass. Sad.
Good for Russell to support Jimmy and Cliff Avril, whose father just died as well.

aawolf

Reaction score
I know it's minicamp and the start of football, which is evidently all-important, but the negative posts on here and social media make me sick. Props to Jimmy Graham and Russell Wilson for paying their respects to such an incredible woman who died tragically way too soon.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
aawolf":1rpo1i5a said:
I know it's minicamp and the start of football, which is evidently all-important, but the negative posts on here and social media make me sick. Props to Jimmy Graham and Russell Wilson for paying their respects to such an incredible woman who died tragically way too soon.

Totally and Completely THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
:th2thumbs: