Why Russell Wilson is washed?

olyfan63

Reaction score
I had a friend of a friend who had a child in Childrens Hospital back in 2012 when Russell was a rookie and far from the star that he has become. With no one else around, Russell by himself brings in a meal for their child. He also played minor league baseball here locally, in Pasco, and they did a feature article on the host family that put up Russell and a couple of his teammates for the summer, and she told how she'd get up a 2am in the morning only to find Russell sitting in the living room reading his "North Carolina (State) stuff", the playbook. He was a genuine nice guy, and I was immediately impressed with him. He became one of my all time favorite Hawks.

But something about him has changed, perhaps his divorce from his first wife or his marriage to his second. Despite his flaws, he's still a decent human being, especially when you contrast him with some of the other professional athletes out there, including Geno "Little Dick Syndrome" Smith. Although I won't go quite as far as you have with your description of him, he's definitely more self-absorbed than he was 10 years ago.
Great story, thank you for sharing. The 2012 Russell was decidedly more humble than the the 2021 Russell. In any case, the Broncos have themselves a rock-solid top-20 QB who should be able to maintain a top-25 status for at least the next couple years or so, and top 30 for a couple years more, at a bargain price of only $250M.

I have to agree with you about Geno's abhorrent behavior during his (DUI? Reckless driving?) arrest. Geno's excellent play this year stuffed that whole thing down the memory hole. I was surprised the Seahawks or the league didn't come down with harsh disciplinary action.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I have to agree with you about Geno's abhorrent behavior during his (DUI? Reckless driving?) arrest. Geno's excellent play this year stuffed that whole thing down the memory hole. I was surprised the Seahawks or the league didn't come down with harsh disciplinary action.
That's another story deserving of its own thread. My understanding was that they were waiting for the toxicology report before they decided whether or not to charge Geno with a DUI. I know that the state has/had a huge backlog of unprocessed tests, but it's going on 18 months since the incident. Did the prosecutor drop the case as they have so many crimes around the state? How long can they wait before charging someone?

Same goes with the league. Geno's behavior alone was deserving of at least a fine if not a couple game suspension.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Right as you said something changed..Fame,money,glory and seeking power.
He isn't that innocent guy anymore,if he came out and said I'm sorry for what I became.
I would respect for that really but as he is it's easy to root for him to fail and get a realty
check.
I do have to stick up for him from time to time. Not unlike a lot of professional athletes, he's developed a huge ego. And he can say the silliest of things, like his doing knee highs while his teammates slept on their flight to Europe or how he doesn't take a crap for 3 days.

I don't really blame him for forcing his way out of here if he was unhappy. It's better this way than sulking around for a couple of years until he became a free agent. And we can't complain about the results.

As far as him getting a reality check, if last season didn't cause him to take a long look at himself and do some soul searching, I don't know what would.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
From gambling debt, broken jaw, to small penis, Geno isn't perfect. From driving a brand new Rolls Royce as on backup player money, Geno's a big spender. Together, not sure if you would want him to marry your daughter. That said, he is not applying to be your son in law, is he? As a football player, I go by 80/20: 80% the football player and 20% his off field stuff.

RiverDog

Reaction score
From gambling debt, broken jaw, to small penis, Geno isn't perfect. From driving a brand new Rolls Royce as on backup player money, Geno's a big spender. Together, not sure if you would want him to marry your daughter. That said, he is not applying to be your son in law, is he? As a football player, I go by 80/20: 80% the football player and 20% his off field stuff.
He's not applying to be my son-in-law and he doesn't have to be perfect, but I do like rooting for the guys in the white hats. Although I don't idolize any player, I nevertheless still want to be proud of the guys on my team, that they're the type of guys that I wouldn't mind sitting down and having a beer with.

A day or two after his DUI arrest, Geno asked the public not to pre-judge him based on media reports. He's probably not commenting about it because the case is still pending and his attorney has told him not to, but I wish he'd come out and give an explanation and, if appropriate, an apology for his behavior. That would go a long way towards earning my personal respect.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score

m0ng0

Reaction score
I guess basically it's saying Russ don't run plays russ don't want to and Payton ain't gonna put up with that? Where does this come from? Denver? Seattle ? Or both?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

Before this, Payton Said Russ would still have to make play saving throws ”at least eight times” a game. lol

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Donko players and their fans talk straight out of their arse non-stop.

I know... I have a delusional BiL who's a fan.

Two words... Superbowl XLVIII.