Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Shane Waldron

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 37 17.7%

• Total voters

12forlife

Reaction score
I dont get where all the dislike for Harbaugh is coming from, besides the days of coaching the niners. Yeah I didn't care much for him then either. All the guy has done from Stanford, San Francisco, and Michigan is win! He knows how to develop a winning tradition. Which we need a coach that can continue that winning culture. There isn't another candidate with a winning track record at multiple jobs. Harbaugh should be our #1 candidate. Plus he probably brings DC Jesse Minter!!

fenderbender123

Reaction score
You are very welcome. Also try Google. It's actually a thing.

Seriously I hope the Seahawks hire Harbaugh. It would be hilarious 😆

Harbaugh had a 35% success rate with challenges during his time with the 49ers.

That isn't super terrible.

Seattle Person

Reaction score
I dont get where all the dislike for Harbaugh is coming from, besides the days of coaching the niners. Yeah I didn't care much for him then either. All the guy has done from Stanford, San Francisco, and Michigan is win! He knows how to develop a winning tradition. Which we need a coach that can continue that winning culture. There isn't another candidate with a winning track record at multiple jobs. Harbaugh should be our #1 candidate. Plus he probably brings DC Jesse Minter!!

If we're talking about qualifications -- there is no one more qualified than Harbaugh. I still don't think he is the best fit nor do I think Seattle appeals to him.

When he was with San Fran -- he clashed with Trent Baalke over personnel moves. It got so bad that he was forced out. I just don't think this dynamic of an established long-term GM appeals to Harbaugh.

He wants more control over roster moves. The Chargers make so much sense for him. They have no coach and no GM. It's a big market city and they are sort of at a crossroad. He can hand select certain players that he wants. There is already a young QB for him.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
One this is an absolute certain: No matter WHO they pick, a bunch of people will hate it. A bunch of people will like it. And a bunch of people will be on the fence. EXACTLY how it was way back when they hired Pete.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If we're talking about qualifications -- there is no one more qualified than Harbaugh. I still don't think he is the best fit nor do I think Seattle appeals to him.

When he was with San Fran -- he clashed with Trent Baalke over personnel moves. It got so bad that the he forced out. I just don't think this dynamic of an established long-term GM appeals to Harbaugh.

He wants more control over roster moves. The Chargers make so much sense for him. They have no coach and no GM. It's a big market city and they are sort of at a crossroad. He can hand select certain players that he wants. There is already a young QB for him.
I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up with the Chargers. And I damn well hope he does.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Harbaugh is a non starter he will want full control and the organization clearly will not give him that. So, Harbaugh is OUT.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Harbaugh would be a good hire and the Seahawks could do a lot worse. I just hope to hell that doesn't happen for any NFL team.

Any other franchise and I'd agree with you.

Nothing against Harbaugh, he's obviously a great coach. But I just think because of the history of him coaching in SF, then coming here? I think the fans and media would give him the shortest rope ever. One bad year and we'd all be screaming for his head because of all that scar tissue.

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
I'm torn on Harbaugh. I really don't like the guy but there's no question he's a good coach. It would be hard to think that he wouldn't be successful here. He'd probably bring a lot of media coverage with him, would probably even help attract free agents, and maybe add some extra spark to the whiner rivalry. It's sort of intriguing, even if I think he's a goofy douche.
Good to Great coach - but a total red-ass. His Bitch fits and screaming meltdowns have always been prime viewing entertainment. I actively rooted for Michigan to lose the NC on a bad call just to see Harbag expire on live TV. If he is the guy I will learn to live with it - but it will be painful.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Come on Fire, cease being a fan? Over a coach? Look, I don't want Harbaugh here for several reasons, but NO coach would ever make me stop watching and loving this team. That's just plain silly. And I suspect that IF (and I don't think it's going to happen) he was to come here and start winning......you'd be right back on the wagon. I don't have to like the coach, if he wins, hell yeah bring him on. Winning is BY FAR more important to me than wanting them to pick WHO I WANT. We're fans, we have no say so in it, just our opinions.

Do you think all Pats fans love Bill B? I HIGHLY doubt it.

Last edited:

rjdriver

Reaction score
I'm surprised no one has piggybacked on Staton's discussion of potentially giving up picks for Stefanski.

1. He has done more with less offensively than anyone.
2. The Deshaun Watson full guarantee has completely castrated the Browns moving forward. Stefanski could potentially jump at the chance to leave.

I don't know enough to have an opinion about it, but it's an interesting supposition.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Could you imagine how much damage bringing Harbough in here would do to the orgs culture/reputation with past players? Maybe that's not important to a lot of folks. Doug and Sherm openly hate him though and they pull a lot of weight. I can only imagine how many players would no longer associate with the organization and potentially even bad mouth or dissuade players they influence from coming here...

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I'm surprised no one has piggybacked on Staton's discussion of potentially giving up picks for Stefanski.

2. The Deshaun Watson full guarantee has completely castrated the Browns moving forward. Stefanski could potentially jump at the chance to leave.

I don't know enough to have an opinion about it, but it's an interesting supposition.
No thanks..imo trading for a coach is just stupid.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Good to Great coach - but a total red-ass. His Bitch fits and screaming meltdowns have always been prime viewing entertainment. I actively rooted for Michigan to lose the NC on a bad call just to see Harbag expire on live TV. If he is the guy I will learn to live with it - but it will be painful.
I would say Dan Campbell is similar, maybe a less demonstrative version, to Harbaugh. He gets fired up on the sideline. No one here worth their salt would say Campbell isn't a good coach.

Film12Hawk

Reaction score
I was going to make a seperate post about why Ben Johnson should be our #1 target as the Seahawks new head coach, but Rob at Seahawksdraftblog already had a great article posted,this morning, about Johnson.

I like that Johnson is intelligent, he as a degree in math. He is a former college QB (North Carolina). He is young and can relate with players. He would be a good transition from Pete's personality wise for our current players. Johnson was asked why he likes to coach and his quick response was relationships, which I think is an underrated trait in a coach. He sounds amazing in interviews. Also, Johnson has proven to be a bit of a chess master when it comes to scheming and play calling as the OC with the Lions.

Watch the videos below and you can see that he is great at coaching/communicating with the QBs at the Senior Bowl. His personality would also work very well with JS. Johnson could come here with the promise that we will get him a talented rookie QB to develop.

This. Ben Johnson also has a connection with Joe Philbin and Mike Sherman. Both have history in Green Bay with John Schneider. I'm hopeful he's the guy as we need to be moving forward and finding a coach we can grow with for years to come that can develop a young QB is a must. Ben is that guy.

My respect for Dan Quinn is huge for what he did for us but it feels like a lateral move instead of one that moves us forward.

rjdriver

Reaction score
No thanks..imo trading for a coach is just stupid.
I understand..

It's not always stupid though..

Dolphins sent a first to the Colts for Shula

Seahawks sent a second to the Packers for Holmgren

New England sent three picks to the Jets for Belichick

Gruden and Arians to the Bucs both wielded Championships as well.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score

I'm surprised anyone would listen to that wind bag.