Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Shane Waldron

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 37 17.7%

• Total voters

CactusJack

Reaction score
Ben Johnson would be a really good hire. Lots of competition for him. Hopefully they bring him in asap.

MacDonald would also be an intriguing hire. Bright defensive mind.

Quinn would be solid. But he would also have to hire the right OC. Does that mean Waldron comes back??

Harbaugh isn't coming here. That's a pipe dream.

12forlife

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up with the Chargers. And I damn well hope he does.
So I believe he has $15mil a year on the table from Michigan. He just signed with an NFL agent, so he must be seriously thinking about the NFL. I believe it has to come down to the Chargers & Seahawks. Where we stand a fighting chance, is we are NFC, SD is AFC. Jim doesn't want to face his brother in the playoffs before the SB? Just my thoughts??

12forlife

Reaction score
Ben Johnson would be a really good hire. Lots of competition for him. Hopefully they bring him in asap.

MacDonald would also be an intriguing hire. Bright defensive mind.

Quinn would be solid. But he would also have to hire the right OC. Does that mean Waldron comes back??

Harbaugh isn't coming here. That's a pipe dream.
Like I just stated above. I don't believe Harbaugh is a pipe dream simply because the only better job I feel is San Diego, but they arw AFC, which means Jim & Jon would meet in the playoffs, if Jim comes to Seattle then they won't meet until the SB? I don't believe there is a better NFC job. I also don't know if Pete & Jim would work together??

CactusJack

Reaction score
Like I just stated above. I don't believe Harbaugh is a pipe dream simply because the only better job I feel is San Diego, but they arw AFC, which means Jim & Jon would meet in the playoffs, if Jim comes to Seattle then they won't meet until the SB? I don't believe there is a better NFC job. I also don't know if Pete & Jim would work together??
Pete is irrelevant.

Whoever they hire has to get along with John. He & Jim are completely different personalities. It would never work.

The best match for John is a younger more outgoing guy like Ben Johnson or Dan Quinn.

Jim Harbaugh will not be the coach. I promise you that.

Last edited:

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
I want to see the chaos of a guy with a team 16 years leaving and taking over in Tomlin. Chaos theory with him talking about leaving and won’t happen but that’s a guy that I would be 1000% on board with that would also be a seamless transition.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I wonder what kind of methodology they are going to use when hiring a HC?

I do know that previously, Paul Allen would defer to the Vulcan Group's expertise when selecting a HC. The MO of the Vulcan Group was to search for coaches with a championship pedigree as well as established culture. Holmgren and Carroll were both selected and scouted by the experts Allen had assembled. Both in Greenbay and USC, Carroll and Holmgren brought proven cultures as well as a winning pedigree, both Carroll and Holmgren being champions. albeit Carroll's championship at the NCAA level at the time of hire.

I do also know that Vulcan was completely hands off when Tim Ruskell hired Mora. Paul Allen let the GM at the time handle the hiring. We ended up with a retread head coach with a spotty track record.

This time is completely different. We don't have Paul Allen making the final call. Jody has never handled this and I have no clue how close she is with the experts over and Vulcan. This is also very similar to the Ruskell situation where Allen trusted him enough to handle the head coaching hire. Jon Schneider could have the freedom to choose whomever he decides.

I'm interested to see what transpires and to hear Jon Schneider's recollection of the events that led up to his decision. I could see this going any way at this point. I'm expecting Quinn but I wouldn't be surprised if Jon Schneider decides to go in a completely different direction.

Jac

Reaction score
I'm a Ben Johnson fan as well @Fade. I'd be ecstatic if he got the job.

I think Stefanski has a ridiculously stacked D, but I still think he got a lot out of that offense considering the injuries to the O line and QB and the other lack of offensive weapons.

I just have a feeling that DQ isn't the shoe in that some people think. JS wants to establish HIS legacy and I think that if Q was such a slam dunk, Jody wouldn't have asked John to start exploring options months ago.
We're all just speculating at this time because there are no clues and we can't even rely on history (what does an unencumbered JS want?)...but I'd think there is a strong possibility that JS is going to go cutting-edge offensive mind and draft a QB. That's what the NFL is, but more importantly, that's what the NFC West is.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I voted for Ben Johnson, but I'd be happy with several other young OC's, like Brian Johnson, the Eagles OC, or Brian Callahan, the Bengals' OC. I want a young, up and coming offensive coordinator. All three are in their 30's.

Another name that hasn't been mentioned is a local kid, Kellen Moore out of Prosser, currently the Chargers' OC. But I'd rather have one of the three aforementioned candidates.

Germanhawk7

Reaction score
Man im scared, there are no rumors no interview requests nothing.
Maybe Dan Quinn is already fix and they wait for Cowboys Playoff lose

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Ben Johnson in all likelihood will be available for hire next week. He seems like the top candidate in the nfl right now. Quinn is likely 2 weeks out when they lose to the 49ers in the nfc championship.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Man im scared, there are no rumors no interview requests nothing.
Maybe Dan Quinn is already fix and they wait for Cowboys Playoff lose
I'm not worried yet. Most of the candidates you would want to interview, head coaches, OC's and DC's are still in season.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
I voted for Ben Johnson, but I'd be happy with several other young OC's, like Brian Johnson, the Eagles OC, or Brian Callahan, the Bengals' OC. I want a young, up and coming offensive coordinator. All three are in their 30's.

Another name that hasn't been mentioned is a local kid, Kellen Moore out of Prosser, currently the Chargers' OC. But I'd rather have one of the three aforementioned candidates.
If we aren't getting either Ben or Brian Johnson then I'd might prefer they go after a sharp DC like Mike Macdonald.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm not worried yet. Most of the candidates you would want to interview, head coaches, OC's and DC's are still in season.
Yep. And, depending on the outcome of Wild Card Weekend, there might be one or two surprise HC firings.

If you think that our fan base is/was frustrated with our performance, the Eagles fans are foaming at the mouth over their team dropping 6 of their last 7 and are out for blood. If they're one and done in the playoffs, especially losing to a non-SB contender like the Bucs, Nick Sirianni might have his head in the guillotine.

And although I wouldn't be interested in him, Mike McCarthy might be given his walking papers if his Cowboys don't go deep into the playoffs.

Latest posts