Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Shane Waldron

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 37 17.7%

• Total voters

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This. Ben Johnson also has a connection with Joe Philbin and Mike Sherman. Both have history in Green Bay with John Schneider. I'm hopeful he's the guy as we need to be moving forward and finding a coach we can grow with for years to come that can develop a young QB is a must. Ben is that guy.

My respect for Dan Quinn is huge for what he did for us but it feels like a lateral move instead of one that moves us forward.
I've heard that name quite a bit. Admittedly, I don't know much about Ben Johnson. Other than he was really fast.
Oh wait..........

The Lions offense is pretty creative. And he has made Jared Goff a pro-bowl level QB. I would love to see a guy like that here.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
You don't move on from a Pete Carroll to bring in a Dan Quinn. This organization needs a jolt, not what's comfortable. John is a smart, forward- thinking guy. He sees the way the league is going and who's in his division. He's going to try for a home-run with this hire, not a bloop single.
This is it!

I thoughts exactly.

Dan Quinn, is like a “meh” hire to me.

Jim Harbaugh, honestly, I don’t see him here and teaming with Schneider cause Harbaugh will want his decisions to be much more like Carroll’s was as the prime football operations executive and I can’t see Schneider allowing that now. Especially now that Schneider has more free rein. Harbaugh, will not be the selection, just my analysis.

This may very well be a big splash from a candidate we have not expected.

My guess is, Kalen DeBoer, will be the hire.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I'm surprised anyone would listen to that wind bag.

I don't follow college ball much, so I enjoy his analysis on players. I know he rubbed a lot of people the wrong way (understandably), but I hear he's really grown up from his .net days. He's an ardent Seahawk fan and I've found myself agreeing with his analysis the last few years. I just soak up Seahawk shit, I've got no ego or beef.

He's not for everyone so I completely respect your opinion, but I think he's grown more knowledgeable than some realize. Choice is good though! I just thought the Stefanski take was interesting, if not entertaining.

Moving on... I'm hoping offensive minded, although our D sucks butt.

Seattle Person

Reaction score
I've heard that name quite a bit. Admittedly, I don't know much about Ben Johnson. Other than he was really fast.
Oh wait..........

I was encouraged by some of the videos posted here. He seems like an engaging coach. We know he has a great offensive mind. I don't know him enough about him but can he communicate well and can he teach? Carroll was a huge relationship type of coach.

James in PA

Reaction score
1) Hairball
2) Ben Johnson
3) Some other up and coming offensive hotshot
4) Ravens DC
5) DQ

The last 2 are a distant 4th and 5th. The league is just so offense driven now. I feel like you are inherently at a disadvantage with a defensive minded head coach who might not value important positions like QB as highly as offensive coaches (e.g., Geno Smith, Kenny Pickett, Sam Howell etc).

renofox

Reaction score
NFL rules may keep teams from interviewing candidates directly, but they don't forbid teams from talking candidates' agents.

I'm pretty sure that J&J have been in contact with agents for months, and that the agents have relayed their clients' interest, or lack therefore, back to J&J.

The search is further along than many believe, but the final decision won't be made until after daylong interviews to compare detailed philosophical alignments and differences.

Fade

Reaction score
Stefanski is overrated. He has a stacked roster.

Taking QB out of it, they have the most talented roster in the league.

I voted Ben Johnson.

He would provide long term stability on offense, and quality coaching for a developing QB.

Pair him with a veteran DC with pelts on the wall, and you have a winning combo.

Dan Quinn wouldn't be too bad as a consolation. The defense would get good in a hurry. But questions of how the offense and a young QB working well would follow.

If the Seahawks go with a defensive HC. You have to spend money and go with veterans at QB and O-Line. Because those positions won't develop.

Last edited:

SeaWolv

Reaction score
The guy with the Michigan avatar says this. Naturally.
What does my avatar have to do with it? I became a Seahawks fan the day I moved from Ann Arbor to Seattle back in August of 1993 and I've supported the team ever since not just emotionally but financially, including attending some games at the Kingdome and Seahawks Stadium (I know it's currently called Lumen Field).

Anyone who says they're going to stop being a fan of their team because they hire a particular person for coach before they even see how successful that relationship can be for the team they're a "fan"atic of isn't really fanatical by definition.

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
What does my avatar have to do with it? I became a Seahawks fan the day I moved from Ann Arbor to Seattle back in August of 1993 and I've supported the team ever since not just emotionally but financially, including attending some games at the Kingdome and Seahawks Stadium (I know it's currently called Lumen Field).

Anyone who says they're going to stop being a fan of their team because they hire a particular person for coach before they even see how successful that relationship can be for the team they're a "fan"atic of isn't really fanatical by definition.
You know the answer to that question. I've been a fan for over 35 years. I watched a lot of games in 1992, when they were 2-14. Don't question my fanhood.

The Seahawks and the NFL have made me less of a fan with all the woke posturing, including the firing of Dori over an innocuous joke, trashing a blind Army veteran, and all the crap they do on social media. It's pretty hard to support. I don't have a doubt Harbaugh would do a good job and probably win 12 or 13 games, but I don't like the guy. He de facto admitted to spying, and while a lot of coaches push the rules into gray areas, Belicheat and him go way past that.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Don't question my fanhood. You opened the door there.

The Seahawks and the NFL have made me less of a fan with all the woke posturing, including the firing of Dori over an innocuous joke, trashing a blind Army veteran, and all the crap they do on social media. It's pretty hard to support. You need to differentiate the league from the franchise. I don't have a doubt Harbaugh would do a good job and probably win 12 or 13 games, but I don't like the guy. If he wins you'll get over it. He de facto admitted to spying, and while a lot of coaches push the rules into gray areas, Belicheat and him go way past that. He never admitted that and I challenge you to show me where he said it. You clearly don't know the details of the alleged advanced scouting accusations from the NCAA and none of them have been proven yet since it's still under investigation.

Superbowl 48

Reaction score

Mike Macdonald, Ravens defensive coordinator​

"After one season as Michigan’s DC in 2021, Macdonald returned to Baltimore as the DC in 2022. The Ravens ranked as the NFL’s No. 1 defense this season."

rjdriver

Reaction score
Stefanski is overrated. He has a stacked roster.

Taking QB out of it, they have the most talented roster in the league.

I voted Ben Johnson.

He would provide long term stability on offense, and quality coaching for a developing QB.

Pair him with a veteran DC with pelts on the wall, and you have a winning combo.

Dan Quinn wouldn't be too bad as a consolation. The defense would get good in a hurry. But questions of how the offense and a young QB working well would follow.

If the Seahawks go with a defensive HC. You have to spend money and go with veterans at QB and O-Line. Because those positions won't develop.

I'm a Ben Johnson fan as well @Fade. I'd be ecstatic if he got the job.

I think Stefanski has a ridiculously stacked D, but I still think he got a lot out of that offense considering the injuries to the O line and QB and the other lack of offensive weapons.

I just have a feeling that DQ isn't the shoe in that some people think. JS wants to establish HIS legacy and I think that if Q was such a slam dunk, Jody wouldn't have asked John to start exploring options months ago.