Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Shane Waldron

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 37 17.7%

• Total voters

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Shanahan was his OC though was he not? So while I get your point m, seems people want to cherry pick that SB loss and leave out the OC and DC involved as well

The head coach is responsible for the OC and DC. Always. They report to him. if they are ******* something up, it's the HC's job to identify and fix it.

It's one of the reasons I was continuously baffled by people here blaming Seattle's OC and DC for soany years.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Look at his overall record at Atlanta.

Took over a team that already had Matt Ryan and Julio Jones in their prime, as well as an okay defense.

His second year, the team improved, and they got to the super bowl. However, they lost that super bowl in the worse choke job in the history of the NFL. Biggest embarrassment ever.

Year 3 = losing record
Year 4 = losing record
Year 5 = starts 0-5 and gets fired.

I guess my point is that years 3-5, the team is more his team than what he inherited. And it was total shit.

So yeah, no thanks. Great coordinator, though.
I think the question would be, is the root cause of the decline Quinn or something else? The Falcons haven't exactly tore up the league in the 3 years since he left and just fired their coach again.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Harbaugh is a loud mouth cheerleader who complained constantly on the sidelines while coaching the 49ers.
Harbaugh probably won 2 red flag challenges in his four short years with the 49ers. The officials couldnt stand the dude. I wonder why?

Jed York during Harbaughs last year said "He asked me to leave the room because he claimed the room is for men only " Jed also said " Harbaugh never drew up a single play on the chalkboard "

You can have Harbaugh. He's a douche bag that inherited a very talented team that was ready to win regardless.
So let me get this straight, you don't want your coach to be a cheerleader for their team and you don't want your coach to exercise his authority over a front office trying to undermine him and his team? Was Harbaugh riding on the back of team talent at SDSU, Stanford and Michigan?

Look, I got annoyed with some of the things he did when he was in San Francisco but that was him supporting his team and being a competitor. I get it. I also hated Jim Tressel and Urban Meyer while they coached OSU, same for Nick Saban at Alabama. But I would never say those guys aren't great coaches. Harbaugh's won everywhere he's gone. He's a great coach and only someone blinded by hatred and bias can't see that.

OP
OP
EverydayImRusselin

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Shanahan was his OC though was he not? So while I get your point m, seems people want to cherry pick that SB loss and leave out the OC and DC involved as well
Once Shanny left the offense fell apart. The defense wasn't very good either. As mentioned, years 3-5 there wasn't anything about the falcons that would make me go, yeah this what I want for the Seahawks.

James in PA

Reaction score
You don't move on from a Pete Carroll to bring in a Dan Quinn. This organization needs a jolt, not what's comfortable. John is a smart, forward- thinking guy. He sees the way the league is going and who's in his division. He's going to try for a home-run with this hire, not a bloop single.

Boycie

Reaction score
I think the question would be, is the root cause of the decline Quinn or something else? The Falcons haven't exactly tore up the league in the 3 years since he left and just fired their coach again.
I think the QB situation is one of the main issues. Their D looks pretty good, but O sucks.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Harbough wore his welcome out with the 9ers, players and organization, why would anyone want that here? Won’t happen. Up until he won against Ohio same damn thing with Michigan ok wearing his welcome out.
I can say this without any hesitation that this is categorically false. People in Ann Arbor love the guy and have his whole time there. His teams have been very good to great with the only exception being the Covid shortened year in 2020, which I and many would give a pass to a lot of coaches on. The only friction there's been is with the AD Warde Manuel and many Wolverine fans are ready for Warde to hit the road. Warde hasn't been defending the university or his coach as well as he should and not nearly as well as university president, Santa Ono. Does Jim rub his competitors the wrong way, yeah sometimes, but I can't say that's necessarily a bad thing, especially if he's my coach.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I just don't see John, who has been giving the wheel for the first time(which is another interesting thing we should talk about) hiring someone like Harbaugh who will want a ton of control and probably not real easy to deal with from a GM perspective. Just don't see it happening.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
I just don't see John, who has been giving the wheel for the first time(which is another interesting thing we should talk about) hiring someone like Harbaugh who will want a ton of control and probably not real easy to deal with from a GM perspective. Just don't see it happening.
I'm certainly not advocating for it. I'd selfishly prefer he stay in Ann Arbor. I agree Jim may want more control than John is willing to give him in Seattle and there is history. I'd rather see Ben Johnson or Mike Macdonald come to Seattle, both are very talented NFL minds.

fenderbender123

Reaction score

I don't know if full control is what Harbaugh wants. I don't recall that being an issue with the 49ers, more that he didn't get along with the GM and owner, which was likely a result of them not valuing his input.

If John says hey Jim let's work together. I will have final say, but I am going to value your input and make sure we draft players that fit your coaching style and scheme. Maybe he's good with that.

With that said, I also don't see us hiring Harbaugh. We should, though lol.

Wheetie

Reaction score
I was going to make a seperate post about why Ben Johnson should be our #1 target as the Seahawks new head coach, but Rob at Seahawksdraftblog already had a great article posted,this morning, about Johnson.

I like that Johnson is intelligent, he as a degree in math. He is a former college QB (North Carolina). He is young and can relate with players. He would be a good transition from Pete's personality wise for our current players. Johnson was asked why he likes to coach and his quick response was relationships, which I think is an underrated trait in a coach. He sounds amazing in interviews. Also, Johnson has proven to be a bit of a chess master when it comes to scheming and play calling as the OC with the Lions.

Watch the videos below and you can see that he is great at coaching/communicating with the QBs at the Senior Bowl. His personality would also work very well with JS. Johnson could come here with the promise that we will get him a talented rookie QB to develop.

This guy is freakin' impressive. And you get a guy who's been around the Lions tough, solid defense for a couple years now which would help the defensive side also. Johnson should be the next Coach IMO

morgulon1

Reaction score
On Seattle staff for SB run. Led Falcons to SB. Turned around Cowboys defense quickly. This is all available information and common knowledge, so I guess the better response is to ask what you see that makes him a bad fit in Seattle?
I see a guy who has benefited from where he was (with Pete C) and then benefited from being with K Shanahan
In Atlanta. Who's defense gave up 30 straight points for one of the worst chokes in superb owl history.

He has a lot of talent in Dallas yet got lit up by Geno Smith. At home.

I'm with fender on this. Dan Quinn doesn't pass the finger bang test.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Imo we can definitely rule Harbaugh out unless John is trying to get canned in one year. Too controlling..too much ego. Another factor to take into consideration is the instability around ownership. If Jody decides to sell which is likely..the new ownership will bring in their own people. A coach worth their salt might not be interested in being a lame duck hire. Also if the Cowboys go out early there is a report Mccarthy is gone and Quinn takes hc duties.

49ersNFCWsBest

Reaction score
And?

I challenge you to pull up the stats on this and prove it.

Good.

Thank you for letting the Seahawks have your coach that hasn't been there for 10 years.
You are very welcome. Also try Google. It's actually a thing.

Seriously I hope the Seahawks hire Harbaugh. It would be hilarious 😆

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'm certainly not advocating for it. I'd selfishly prefer he stay in Ann Arbor. I agree Jim may want more control than John is willing to give him in Seattle and there is history. I'd rather see Ben Johnson or Mike Macdonald come to Seattle, both are very talented NFL minds.
But I’d be lying if I said I wouldn’t be pumped with Harbaugh here lol

SeaWolv

Reaction score
But I’d be lying if I said I wouldn’t be pumped with Harbaugh here lol
Harbaugh would be a good hire and the Seahawks could do a lot worse. I just hope to hell that doesn't happen for any NFL team.

Latest posts