The Denver pick can easily move down to 5

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Update. It seems the Ravens are going to sit players today such as JK Dobbins who would have been by far the best of their offensive weapons. So what this means is, the Bengals will almost definitely win, the Broncos will likely win as well since the Chargers will be playing for nothing at 4 PM EST, and we will be rooting like hell for the Colts to win so we can at least get the fourth pick in the draft.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Update. It seems the Ravens are going to sit players today such as JK Dobbins who would have been by far the best of their offensive weapons. So what this means is, the Bengals will almost definitely win, the Broncos will likely win as well since the Chargers will be playing for nothing at 4 PM EST, and we will be rooting like hell for the Colts to win so we can at least get the fourth pick in the draft.
I said a couple weeks ago I was worried that by the end of the year we would be out of the race for an elite QB and Carter/Anderson and it feels like that’s going to happen. We will see.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
looks like the ravens are resting all their players this week.
Edit: Oops I see someone already posted on it. Not just Dobbins though, its Mark Andrews etc.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Because it’s an outdated view in my opinion and im open to being wrong as ive stated, I used to say the same thing. The Jets just did it, AZ did it to take Murray the very next year, San Fran seems fine without Lance etc. so maybe it’s not me that’s confused? Im just questioning the narrative because we’ve seen mutliple examples recently of it not having tremendous repercussions. Maybe Im an idiot but I don’t think it’s the death sentence we’ve always thought it was and maybe with the value of the position it’s usually worth the risk?

You just named three franchises where drafting a QB high has had tremendous repercussions. Some like AZ multiple times with tremendous repercussions.

So yes, I still think you're confused if you think it's not a bigger risk than other position groups.

Ozzy

Reaction score
You just named three franchises where drafting a QB high has had tremendous repercussions. Some like AZ multiple times with tremendous repercussions.

So yes, I still think you're confused if you think it's not a bigger risk than other position groups.
No it didn’t it showed they were able to come out of it. The Rosen pick wasn’t some death sentence you claimed it would be. Your argument doesn’t hold up. No one said it’s not bigger, which you know, the whole premise which was stated multiple times was that’s not not as risky as it was historically because of salary changes to draft picks. You’re also discounting the risk of missing on an elite QB as well because it doesn’t fit the narrative.

NoGain

Reaction score
I think it's time for a limited NFL lottery. I'm actually surprised there isn't one already, the NFL always looking for ways to keep fans' interest. It might help to put a bit more ambiguity into the draft order in the final few weeks of the season. Maybe they could have it on the off weekend between the AFC/NFC championships and the Super Bowl.

Last edited:

rjdriver

Reaction score
This morning could not have gone any worse. Indy and Ravens lose...

Hopefully, the afternoon and evening games make up for it.

NoGain

Reaction score
Who we wanted to win and lose certainly didn't go well for us in the early games. I would be shocked if Arizona beats the 49ers, so unless the Chargers win it's the 5th pick for us. Our native 1st round pick didn't do well either so far in the early games.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
No it didn’t it showed they were able to come out of it. The Rosen pick wasn’t some death sentence you claimed it would be. Your argument doesn’t hold up. No one said it’s not bigger, which you know, the whole premise which was stated multiple times was that’s not not as risky as it was historically because of salary changes to draft picks. You’re also discounting the risk of missing on an elite QB as well because it doesn’t fit the narrative.

My only contention in this mind numbing conversation is picking the wrong QB high is amplified vs other position groups, of which you agree with apparently.

Now that it looks like we're probably picking 5 this conversation is moot because neither Young or Stroud will be there.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
The Colt loss was a killer. All the DB had to do was hit the ball down and we are guaranteed the 4th pick at the worst.

NoGain

Reaction score
I can easily envision a scenario where the top five picks are these in some kind of order...

--Carter
--Young
--Levis
--Stroud
--Anderson

Ozzy

Reaction score
I can easily envision a scenario where the top five picks are these in some kind of order...

--Carter
--Young
--Levis
--Stroud
--Anderson
very easily.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
If Green Bay wins tonight, today will have been about as bad of a day for our draft stock as it could possibly be. LOL
Everybody is going to celebrate for the next 3 hours and then act like they don't care that we potentially went from drafting #3 and close to the top 10 to drafting #5 and potentially in the 20s.

Latest posts