The dawn of Geno era in Seattle

toffee

Reaction score
I was against signing Geno in 2019 as our backup, thought we could use someone younger with more upside, from that point on he was just Geno WHO to me. I switched channel when Russ got hurt and Geno stepped in against the Rams, but I did go back to watch on youtube. Boy was I surprised, here we have Geno Who, stepping in stone cold, not even time to warm up, years of rust, first time out in years. He calmly took over the offense, drove the team 98, yes NINETY EIGHT yards for a TD, against the eventual super bowl winner. Everyone was involved, plays were crispier, and yes middle of the field was in play.

After that drive, Geno became Mr. Smith to me. He played 3.5 games last season, won one. Russ rushed back to deny Geno more opportunities, some defended Russ's return, but now we know why he rushed back, don't we? Geno was winning the heart and soul of the locker room. Geno's 2021 PFF grading was identical to Russ's, remarkably for someone who hardly played for half a decade.

This drive was the dawn of PeteBall Geno, you will see Geno of today in this drive and why Russ became just "that guy" to Will Dissly.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The top reply in comments says this From six months ago.

“Unpopular opinion: Geno would be a decent starter for us this year. Even to at least bridge it until next yrs draft. Dude hasn't had this level of talent to throw to since entering the league, and I think he fits Waldrons system better, and hide those mid field passes where as russ always looked to the sidelines and down field.. or took a sack.”

JPatera76

Reaction score
The top reply in comments says this From six months ago.

“Unpopular opinion: Geno would be a decent starter for us this year. Even to at least bridge it until next yrs draft. Dude hasn't had this level of talent to throw to since entering the league, and I think he fits Waldrons system better, and hide those mid field passes where as russ always looked to the sidelines and down field.. or took a sack.”
Lol that’s actually my comment/YouTube account.
Edit: I also clearly don’t mean “hide” I meant “ hit” lol but damn IOS fights me with autocorrect and I give up a lot lol.

Attachments

• F4360F08-43ED-498A-A2AF-31D3B88184EE.jpeg
    F4360F08-43ED-498A-A2AF-31D3B88184EE.jpeg
    45.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

JPatera76

Reaction score
Oh and 6 months later now that 98 drive looks a lot like what we’re seeing with the concepts and routes but polished and ram better.