Texas Rangers @ Seattle Mariners May 8-10

Threedee

Reaction score
I am going to sound like a broken record but they are still 2 quality bats short from being a true WS contender. Ownership had the opportunity to fix that problem and failed to spend the $$$ to do so, after promising to spend in FA for years. Self inflicted situation from the top.
I feel as though each regime (Bavasi to Zduriencik to Dipoto) learns the wrong lessons from its predecessor. The only wrinkle was Jack Z having the entire minor league structure meltdown and fail completely in player development for reasons that I cannot fathom.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
I feel as though each regime (Bavasi to Zduriencik to Dipoto) learns the wrong lessons from its predecessor. The only wrinkle was Jack Z having the entire minor league structure meltdown and fail completely in player development for reasons that I cannot fathom.
It's what he did. He did the same thing with the Angles before he came to Seattle. Traded away all of the minor league assets for aging veterans like Mr October and such. They did about the same as Seattle did, hover around close to the playoffs but never making it. I think DiPoto has done pretty well, overall. We've burned some of the assets we had a couple of years ago, but more for players in their prime like Castillo. Our minor league bench is still in decent shape, especially in pitchers.