Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Show me a regular season game, not Super Bowl or playoff game, where one non-athlete got as much coverage (audio and video forms) as Taylor Swift did each week she attended a Chiefs regular season game.

I may die of old age before you find one.
The thing is, she's not shown on any other game other than the Chiefs game.
The other thing is, she's the hottest star in the world right now, with millions upon millions of followers around the world.. she could possibly be a hotter item than the whole of the NFL and ...She's dating an NFL player. The league would be idiots not to focus on her. I don't know her music, and I would never know if it was her if it was on the radio or not. I don't mind her, it's a riot watching the after mass in her wake. I'm betting there's a lot of players wondering why they didn't make the move first..

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
For all the slow learners this is an example of misogyny…

if she was “hot” like Jessica Simpson you would be ok with it…

Football does not belong solely to you or those that feel like you, it is broadcast to millions of viewers. If you don’t like it maybe you shouldn’t have tuned into the 2nd half. Then you could tell us all how you cancelled the NFL…again lulz

It would be less annoying, yes. You're too wrapped up in your moral grandstanding to admit that.

Football has a core audience. It's not Swiffers or people who consume too much soy like yourself. Alienate that audience and eventually ratings will tank. Time to educate yourself.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
The thing is, she's not shown on any other game other than the Chiefs game.
The other thing is, she's the hottest star in the world right now, with millions upon millions of followers around the world.. she could possibly be a hotter item than the whole of the NFL and ...She's dating an NFL player. The league would be idiots not to focus on her. I don't know her music, and I would never know if it was her if it was on the radio or not. I don't mind her, it's a riot watching the after mass in her wake. I'm betting there's a lot of players wondering why they didn't make the move first..
A Baltimore player actually tried this on Dua Lupa this very season but obviously he was not a very charismatic multiple SB winning guy that most women around the entire world find very attractive and sexy so obviously it didn't work.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
So in other words you have nothing.

The source is there. Somebody quoted an article referencing a poll of NFL fans, and those are the results. I'm not digging through 20 pages to find it. If something has been cited in a thread, then it's on you to find it and read it. Had it not already been posted in this thread, I would be providing it for you.

Probably took longer for me to write this post than it would have been for me to find it and post it again, but whatever lol

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
It would be less annoying, yes. You're too wrapped up in your moral grandstanding to admit that.

Football has a core audience. It's not Swiffers or people who consume too much soy like yourself. Alienate that audience and eventually ratings will tank. Time to educate yourself.
A core audience that apparently can’t adapt to change. Creativity/intelligence is often defined as the ability to adapt to change. It’s also pretty handy for survival and evolution.

So it really comes down to the purist old fans that want it to be a dudes club - I have my theories on alpha males and dudes clubs. But I’ll save that for the Turkish baths.

Last edited:

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
A Baltimore player actually tried this on Dua Lupa this very season but obviously he was not a very charismatic multiple SB winning guy that most women around the entire world find very attractive and sexy so obviously it didn't work.
Plus she’s dua lupa. She’s rad as well.

Welshers2

Reaction score
Dang, now it somehow has to do with Politics? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
It actually does for a very large and deranged portion of the country. If you watch a certain mainstream news channel owned by an Australian billionaire you will see them constantly whining and crying about this entire thing is a conspiracy meant to hurt God's chosen president

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
The source is there. Somebody quoted an article referencing a poll of NFL fans, and those are the results. I'm not digging through 20 pages to find it. If something has been cited in a thread, then it's on you to find it and read it. Had it not already been posted in this thread, I would be providing it for you.

Probably took longer for me to write this post than it would have been for me to find it and post it again, but whatever lol
Not a poll but a nice little gem - I believe it alludes to some underlying insecurity, perhaps a splash of narcissism, and maybe even a dash of fear ??

fenderbender123

Reaction score
A core audience that apparently can’t adapt to change. Creativity is often defined as the ability of adapt to change. It’s also pretty handy for survival and evolution.

So it really comes down to the purist old fans that want it to be a dudes club - I have my theories on alpha males and dudes clubs. But I’ll save that for the Turkish baths.

I don't think it comes down to that at all.

Take any male celebrity. Justin Bieber for example. If they showed him as much as they show Taylor Swift, the negative feedback would be the same.

People are picky about NFL games. Watching football is a religion to a lot of people. We complain about every detail of the game from rule changes, officiating, scheduling, broadcasts, commercials, interviews, etc.

Yet, for whatever reason, all that is accepted, but as soon as we complain about Swift we are suddenly hit with the label of being a hater, or misogynist, or insecure, or whatever.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score

Take any male celebrity. Justin Bieber for example. If they showed him as much as they show Taylor Swift, the negative feedback would be the same.

People are picky about NFL games. Watching football is a religion to a lot of people. We complain about every detail of the game from rule changes, officiating, scheduling, broadcasts, commercials, interviews, etc.

Yet, for whatever reason, all that is accepted, but as soon as we complain about Swift we are suddenly hit with the label of being a hater, or misogynist, or insecure, or whatever.
So what your saying is it is basically a manly cover for a magic the gathering type intrigue -

That I understand. And that argument has more teeth to it. I’ve seen these so called nerds and how much they get into the fantasy aspect of it all (it’s a vicarious way to experience something, thrill, excitement, power, and of course our nemesis control - the great illusion). But stated as a hobby taken to an obsession it makes more sense.

Like team Jacob v team Edward but for mostly dudes.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Not a poll but a nice little gem - I believe it alludes to some underlying insecurity, perhaps a splash of narcissism, and maybe even a dash of fear ??

This article misses a lot of details.

First off, it isn't about Taylor Swift. It doesn't matter who gets that much attention in the stands, it lessens the quality of the broadcast. The "expert" does not seem to be aware of this. The broadcast is an entertainment factor.

Also, 25 seconds a game is a lot. This expert does not appear to be familiar with what is a normal amount of screen time for an audience member during a football game, or when diminishing returns starts to invert.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score

Wrong nobody ever gives a shit if a male celebrity is shown no $200 and no pass go and it's a fact and totally bullshit.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
This article misses a lot of details.

First off, it isn't about Taylor Swift. It doesn't matter who gets that much attention in the stands, it lessens the quality of the broadcast. The "expert" does not seem to be aware of this. The broadcast is an entertainment factor.

Also, 25 seconds a game is a lot. This expert does not appear to be familiar with what is a normal amount of screen time for an audience member during a football game, or when diminishing returns starts to invert.
I said it was a source. I didn’t say it was valid or of any use.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Wrong nobody ever gives a shit if a male celebrity is shown no $200 and no pass go and it's a fact and totally bullshit.
Eminem comes to mind but that’s old news plus he’s a rapper so it’s ok - he’s not no Justin Bieber - imagine if Sam smith was a cowboys fan.

Man that would be awesome. Imagine the sheer shit show meltdowns

fenderbender123

Reaction score

Name a male celebrity that has been given that much attention. Oh wait, there are none, except maybe Jack Nicholson at Lakers games and guess what... People complained constantly about seeing him!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.