Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverDog

Reaction score
For all you conspiracy theorists out there who are convinced that the NFL "steers" games, do you think that they will try to "steer" the Chiefs-Ravens game so that an extra 10 million or so will tune into the SB to see Taylor Swift?

And I have a follow up question: Taylor Swift wears enough red lipstick to graffiti a 100-car freight train. Am I the only man that doesn't find her attractive? Kissing her would be like kissing a clown.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
I find it ironic that the old and dusty complain incessantly about the NFL and media giving too much attention to Swift and then proceed to bring her name into every thread possible…

Hypocrisy and jealousy show up strong in some of you.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I find it ironic that the old and dusty complain incessantly about the NFL and media giving too much attention to Swift and then proceed to bring her name into every thread possible…

The games and sports shows we are trying to watch are shoving her down our throats.

should we just sit back and take it, or should we speak up and complain about it?

I'm young and strapping, too.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
She's a pop singer, and is extremely good at what she does. She is young, smart, attractive, and a marketer's dream. Hats off to her.
Yeah, regardless of one's taste in music I don't see an issue with her in particular. The NFL is playing it for all it's worth; I can see being burned out on that.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
What @WarHawks said.. yeah, she's attractive, I'd like to see her sometime out of her staged look and be a little more natural... but I guess she has an image to uphold.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Yeah, regardless of one's taste in music I don't see an issue with her in particular. The NFL is playing it for all it's worth; I can see being burned out on that.
Yep. She personifies and encapsulates what America is all about.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, it's not her fault they show her every 39 seconds during the game. By all accounts, she's really cool. Not my kind of music, but people trying to make her sound like some psycho b**** is hilarious. She's fine, the media is just over doing this crap.
And yes, I'm VERY tired of seeing her every time Kelce does something. But it has nothing to do with her. I just wanna' watch a damn football game and not a reality tv show.

Mizak

Reaction score
Have yall heard her speak? She sounds kinda like a man now with that deep voice.

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
She's a pop singer, and is extremely good at what she does. She is young, smart, attractive, and a marketer's dream. Hats off to her.
I'm admittedly way off the pop culture mainstream, so my opinion about her looks likely doesn't represent any kind of consensus, nor can I comment about her intelligence, for that matter, neither you nor anyone else can, either. But I don't find her the least bit attractive as that heavy lipstick is a huge turnoff for me. She might as well have a full-face tattoo.

And I'm not necessarily being critical of her behavior. She's the victim of the NFL's efforts to broaden their appeal, especially to Gen Z of whom surveys have shown are much less inclined to be sports fans than their elders. But if they don't stop it, they'll end up driving me away from the sport as the NBA did with their nonstop hip-hop music.

BTW, I'm wondering if I didn't start this thread in the wrong forum, so if any of our mods want to move it, I'll understand.

Slick

Reaction score
I wish there were more gay guys in the NFL because we would have the ability to subtract Taylor Swift and see like, Rob Halford, instead. Imagine seeing Christian McCaffrey score a TD and blow kisses to The Metal God. Imagine the amount of Judas Priest music in their honor.

Threedee

Reaction score
For all you conspiracy theorists out there who are convinced that the NFL "steers" games, do you think that they will try to "steer" the Chiefs-Ravens game so that an extra 10 million or so will tune into the SB to see Taylor Swift?

And I have a follow up question: Taylor Swift wears enough red lipstick to graffiti a 100-car freight train. Am I the only man that doesn't find her attractive? Kissing her would be like kissing a clown.
Depends on where all of that smeared red lipstick winds up.

Aircrew

Reaction score

Count me as one of the conspiracy theorists. And, yes, I think the NFL will nudge the game in the Chiefs' favor.

You're not alone. While I don't find her to be "ugly", she certainly doesn't do it for me either.

NoGain

Reaction score
I've got nothing negative to say about Taylor Swift. She's a good songwriter, great performer, self-marketer, charitable, and the biggest pop icon since Michael Jackson. I'm just not at all into her music. And, yes, the NFL and networks cozying up to her and her relationship with Kelce is a little more than mildly annoying. It just goes to show what a money whore the NFL is.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Her music isn't for me; just not my taste.

But I also find it a little silly that grown men are upset by her presence at football games, and by shots of her during football broadcasts. Just a really strange level of insecurity.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score

There is an epidemic of narcissism - usually hits the “alpha” males the most but a lot of the elderly white boomers are pretty insecure with all these changes they can’t seem to either ignore or adapt to.

Without giving too much of my current project away, we are allowed to ignore some of the things we don’t like. No one seems to have a problem with Eminem and his lions fandom. Wonder why that is……..

Status
Not open for further replies.