Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
This article misses a lot of details.

First off, it isn't about Taylor Swift. It doesn't matter who gets that much attention in the stands, it lessens the quality of the broadcast. The "expert" does not seem to be aware of this. The broadcast is an entertainment factor.

Also, 25 seconds a game is a lot. This expert does not appear to be familiar with what is a normal amount of screen time for an audience member during a football game, or when diminishing returns starts to invert.
Yeah like 1 single play if that cry me a river.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Name a male celebrity that has been given that much attention. Oh wait, there are none, except maybe Jack Nicholson at Lakers games and guess what... People complained constantly about seeing him!!!
Ever watch the NBA? The list is enormous. And any other sport is the same. **** the complainers most live in a basement in their underwear and only actually care about their fantasy teams.

Last edited:

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Yeah like 1 single play if that cry me a river.

Have you ever watched a movie? A 30 second scene is capable of reducing the overall enjoyment of the movie. You aren't understanding the nuances of entertainment. Every detail matters.

Saying "well it's only 25 seconds to a minute total, that's not very long" ignores the nuances that can impact the quality of the overall product.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Have you ever watched a movie? A 30 second scene is capable of reducing the overall enjoyment of the movie. You aren't understanding the nuances of entertainment. Every detail matters.

Saying "well it's only 25 seconds to a minute total, that's not very long" ignores the nuances that can impact the quality of the overall product.
So fifty million stupid commercials is ok because that funds the game, right?

Another article I read discussed the financial impact she is having at games - as in 20 percent increase in sponsorship and 53 percent increase in teenage female viewership

And 16 percent of people named Kim are males. Stats stats stats

But the fact that she could maybe someday own the chiefs probably makes some people a bit nervy ( or horny - it gets me totally bricked. It won’t happen but bricked man. Bricked. )

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I already said that people complain about commercials. It fits my argument that no aspect of the NFL product isn't scrutinized.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
It would be less annoying, yes. You're too wrapped up in your moral grandstanding to admit that.

Football has a core audience. It's not Swiffers or people who consume too much soy like yourself. Alienate that audience and eventually ratings will tank. Time to educate yourself.
“Moral grandstanding” - I never stated my moral position on this. You are free to carry on in any manner you choose, and I will continue to point out people’s hypocrisy and questionable understanding of word definitions.

You were so close to having an actual discussion then you go and drop the “soy” comment. Now I’m to shook to deal with a big dog alpha that belongs to the NFL’s “core” audience…lulz

The NFL is super duper scared of losing your viewership, that’s why every thing they do these days is catering to your demographic.

Boycie

Reaction score
For all the slow learners this is an example of misogyny…

if she was “hot” like Jessica Simpson you would be ok with it…

Football does not belong solely to you or those that feel like you, it is broadcast to millions of viewers. If you don’t like it maybe you shouldn’t have tuned into the 2nd half. Then you could tell us all how you cancelled the NFL…again lulz

A core audience that apparently can’t adapt to change. Creativity/intelligence is often defined as the ability to adapt to change. It’s also pretty handy for survival and evolution.

So it really comes down to the purist old fans that want it to be a dudes club - I have my theories on alpha males and dudes clubs. But I’ll save that for the Turkish baths.
Here we go. Do tell us your theory on alpha males please. My theory is the only people who have an issue with someone who fits the mold of an alpha male are jealous because they aren't one.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
“Moral grandstanding” - I never stated my moral position on this. You are free to carry on in any manner you choose, and I will continue to point out people’s hypocrisy and questionable understanding of word definitions.

You were so close to having an actual discussion then you go and drop the “soy” comment. Now I’m to shook to deal with a big dog alpha that belongs to the NFL’s “core” audience…lulz

The NFL is super duper scared of losing your viewership, that’s why every thing they do these days is catering to your demographic.
Anytime I see a dig with the term soy in it it immediately prompts me to assume an IQ score. I’m working on that - but it’s difficult. I’m a sinner.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Here we go. Do tell us your theory on alpha males please. My theory is the only people who have an issue with someone who fits the mold of an alpha male are jealous because they aren't one.
From a social evolutionary standpoint the alpha males have typically been the ones with low interaction in the group - they are the bullies and antisocial ones - not the leaders.

Leaders are typically the so called beta males because they can socialize without being insecure pricks.

Also check out The Moral Animal by Robert Wright.

So I’m going with science over opinion on this but to each his own.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I usually look forward to the broadcast showing all the different celebrities that are in attendance for the superbowl and this year they used all those seconds to focus on Taylor Swift.

Boycie

Reaction score
From a social evolutionary standpoint the alpha males have typically been the ones with low interaction in the group - they are the bullies and antisocial ones - not the leaders.

Leaders are typically the so called beta males because they can socialize without being insecure pricks.

Also check out The Moral Animal by Robert Wright.

So I’m going with science over opinion on this but to each his own.

All alpha males are bullies and antisocial? How do you enjoy watching professional contact sports then?

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
I don't think it comes down to that at all.

Take any male celebrity. Justin Bieber for example. If they showed him as much as they show Taylor Swift, the negative feedback would be the same.

People are picky about NFL games. Watching football is a religion to a lot of people. We complain about every detail of the game from rule changes, officiating, scheduling, broadcasts, commercials, interviews, etc.

Yet, for whatever reason, all that is accepted, but as soon as we complain about Swift we are suddenly hit with the label of being a hater, or misogynist, or insecure, or whatever.
I think the people that make ridiculous “complaints” about “every detail of the game” get checked regularly.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
All alpha males are bullies and antisocial? How do you enjoy watching professional contact sports then?
Because it’s a sport. I don’t have to whip out my junk on the counter and air out my taint to enjoy competition. And the concept of alpha male is what we are getting at. The Alphas or leaders are not pure bullies and assholes. Best players in the league aren’t pure pricks - that’s some boomer archaic outdated smells of old decaying man and party type shit.

Edit: and to put it in understandable terms for those plagued by the constraints of dichotomous thinking I would prefer a Bobby Wagner over a Fred Warner. Not because he likes teenage mutant ninja turtles, but because the motherfucker can hit without being a dirty prick - he can lead and lead by example rather than the alternative.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Anytime I see a dig with the term soy in it it immediately prompts me to assume an IQ score. I’m working on that - but it’s difficult. I’m a sinner.
“Virtue Signaling”
“Woke”
“Narrative”
“Critical Thinking”
“Research”
“Educate yourself”

these always win…

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
I think the people that make ridiculous “complaints” about “every detail of the game” get checked regularly.

“Virtue Signaling”
“Woke”
“Narrative”
“Critical Thinking”
“Research”
“Educate yourself”

these always win…
Yeah - and then it gets easier to start pointing out logical fallacies because no one is getting anywhere useful with logic facts etc. it turns personal because fear kicks in and the intellect has been exhausted.

But it’s all in good fun. A reality to be experienced so to speak. I try not to take things too serious unless others wellbeing is in play. And even then most of existence is way out of our control.

Ego is the real enemy.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
See. We’re almost at 30. Taylor swift has resulted in mostly healthy discourse and even unified us for a moment in time. Bloody government and their silly psy-ops think they can get through to us.

I say no.

Boycie

Reaction score
Because it’s a sport. I don’t have to whip out my junk on the counter and air out my taint to enjoy competition. And the concept of alpha male is what we are getting at. The Alphas or leaders are not pure bullies and assholes. Best players in the league aren’t pure pricks - that’s some boomer archaic outdated smells of old decaying man and party type shit.

Edit: and to put it in understandable terms for those plagued by the constraints of dichotomous thinking I would prefer a Bobby Wagner over a Fred Warner. Not because he likes teenage mutant ninja turtles, but because the motherfucker can hit without being a dirty prick - he can lead and lead by example rather than the alternative.
You're talking out of both sides of your mouth here, aren't you? I 100% agree with you on bobby over Warner. To be a pro athlete or even a half decent one, you need to be an alpha male, but that doesn't mean what you have laid out in your last two posts(which contradict each other by the way).

Status
Not open for further replies.