Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
And part of that response is them saying that anyone who is annoyed or fatigued with Swift coverage is a misogynist, except for just pointing out the extreme examples.

So then you have people (heros, really) like myself responding to that, saying **** that shit motherfucker, i can be annoyed by Swift without being a woman-hating, conspiracy theory subscribing, bigot ass bitch. Quit steering the narrative and making villains out people who are doing nothing wrong.

The other day, a group of Swifties drove past my house and threw rocks at my windows. They were screaming "if you don't love Taylor Swift, you're a sexist! Get out of our town!". That's the sort of thing that happens when you let these narratives run out of control.

Luckily, I was able to chase them down, confront them, and get them to listen to why they're wrong. They all nodded in agreement and then gave me $820 to replace my windows. Then we all went out for hot fudge sundaes. It was pretty fun.
Stop being a sexist misogynistic conservative....and your windows will be fine....

pmedic920

Reaction score
I was explaining that those who are annoyed and angered by Swift are a very specific demographic of older, white frustrated angry conservative men..............both in the media and political world, and I've spent enough time in the god forsaken Politics forum to see it's those same people here.

For the 10th time, I apologize if that irritates you to deal with that realization if you fit into this demographic.

Kelce was asked yesterday about Swift and the "distraction" she has caused. He said he feels incredibly blessed and lucky to have someone who loves him enough to move heaven and earth to fly all over the world to support him.

If THAT annoys you? You got some deep emotional problems my brother.
You’ve spent enough time in those forums to know that I fit into your labeled category as well or better than anyone.
I couldn’t identify a Taylor Swift song to save my life.
I don’t care about her, I don’t dislike her either, and I don’t care either way if the NFL is using her or vice versa.
Personally I think the whole topic is silly.

You’ve also spent enough time here to know the rules “NO POLITICS/ No political commentary”.

The fact that this thread has a few arguing over Taylor Swift from a liberal vs conservative standpoint is the exact reason we removed “politics” from the forum.

To All:
Consider this a warning.
Please knock it off. I/we don’t want to lock threads and ban valued members.

Seahawker

Reaction score
Through 25+ years of .net and thousands of threads, few make it beyond 20 pages, but Taylor Swift will.
I'll claim my own 3 or 4 posts, lol.
I have nothing further to add other than to say I see TS as more of a pleasant distraction than a hindrance to football.
I like most of her music and her overall story, I'm more Miranda Lambert, Martina McBride, Sara Evans, lol.
We made it through Tony Romo & Jessica Simpson, this too will pass.
Although it wouldn't surprise me to see Taylor at the podium announcing KC's draft pick in April, lol.
Roll with it & stop the finger pointing.

8evuuj

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm setting the Over/Under on the amount pages on this ridiculous thread at 21 pages by kickoff. And yes, I have contributed. It's entertaining.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
Speaking of over…what’s the over for cuts to Tay Tay during the game? Purely dependent on +Kelce plays or do the producers set a floor to keep the Swifties engaged?

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
Speaking of over…what’s the over for cuts to Tay Tay during the game? Purely dependent on +Kelce plays or do the producers set a floor to keep the Swifties engaged?
That's a great question! And people wonder why I'm so annoyed by this crapola...as if 17 pages of responses in the thread I started isn't enough evidence.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
It really isn't that hard people, leave your politics off of .net. The political bickering continued in this thread after multiple staff warnings. Some vacations have been issued. Anybody else who wants to post politics in this thread will be given at least a month off. There has been more than sufficient warning.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I honestly expect that it's something you can bet on. Shoot, look at all the parlays. You can bet on the coin toss, length of the Anthem etc.

chris98251

Reaction score
You’ve spent enough time in those forums to know that I fit into your labeled category as well or better than anyone.
I couldn’t identify a Taylor Swift song to save my life.
I don’t care about her, I don’t dislike her either, and I don’t care either way if the NFL is using her or vice versa.
Personally I think the whole topic is silly.

You’ve also spent enough time here to know the rules “NO POLITICS/ No political commentary”.

The fact that this thread has a few arguing over Taylor Swift from a liberal vs conservative standpoint is the exact reason we removed “politics” from the forum.

To All:
Consider this a warning.
Please knock it off. I/we don’t want to lock threads and ban valued members.
True, he may have a hard time identifying Garth Brooks or Johnny Cash, odds are more along the line of Hank Williams ( Senior) or Gene Autry, Maybe Roy Rodgers, only because he had a crush on Dale Evans or maybe it was Trigger.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Crying while his team loses their 3rd straight Super Bowl. And still is 30 years w/out one. It's gonna' be a thing of beauty.

Status
Not open for further replies.