Source: Russell Wilson Wanted Schottenheimer Fired

bigskydoc

Reaction score
A few people in this thread have said, "Russel Wilson is a HOF QB." I'm just curious: Is there a consensus that Russel Wilson would go into the HOF if he got hit by a bus tomorrow?

It seems to me that he's not there yet. If he plays another 10 years and doesn't even win another SuperBowl, his stats will probably put him in anyway. ...so I think it's fair to expect him to wear a gold jacket. But right now? I don't know. That's just my impression. And if he's not a sure bet currently, of course, anything can happen in the future. I guess what I'm saying is that I see it as more-likely-than-not he ends up in the HOF. I also think there might be multiple plausible scenarios where he comes up short.

This is more of a question than a prediction. I just don't have the knowledge of the worst HOF QB to start making comparisons. Anyone?

(I think it's also relevant to the thread because some have suggested that a team should cater to their HOF QB, including listening to their input on OC hires.)
Three, four years into his career, it appeared that Wilson was on a trajectory to be a 1st ballot HOF guy. The last three, four years, not so much. He's fallen off the trajectory, but it's not yet clear whether that is his fault or not.

It's not uncommon for 1st ballot HOF QB's to go through stretches where they don't look like they are doing enough to make it into the HOF at all, much less 1st ballot.

His place has never been secured, but he has been on the trajectory, and still is. His first 3, 4 years in Denver will tell us a lot about whether he is going to remain on that trajectory.

Can he step up, and lead a modern day offense? Can he win with just his arm, now that his mobility has taken a hit?

Among active QB's, only two are guaranteed, 1st ballot HOFers; Brady, and Rodgers. There are a passle of young QB's who can make a HOF case. Wilson may have the benefit of retiring a few years ahead of them, but he will be compared to them.

In keeping with the Carroll mantra, it's not how you start, it's how you finish. If Denver builds a team around Russell, he continues to put up solid numeric stats, and he picks up a second ring, I can't see how he doesn't end up in Canton.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Doesn't mean we should have kept him, or that he would have the same opportunity to make the HOF playing out his career here vs moving on to Denver.

John63

Reaction score
Hmm so ahh was it the proof of this? SO far all I have seen is unnamed sources and speculation. amazing how some here will believe unnamed sources when it suites them but not believe when it does not.

"My conclusion is that Brian Schottenheimer wanted to pass more, fix the system+continue evolving, while Pete Carroll wanted to get back to core concepts + run. Schotty said "nah." Russell Wilson revealed today that when BS arrived, around 75% of the scheme stuff stayed the same!"

Hmm seems more like PC wanted Brian gone.

https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/article248516740.html

Russell Wilson: I was not, and am not, in favor of Seahawks firing Brian Schottenheimer

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Hmm so ahh was it the proof of this? SO far all I have seen is unnamed sources and speculation. amazing how some here will believe unnamed sources when it suites them but not believe when it does not.

"My conclusion is that Brian Schottenheimer wanted to pass more, fix the system+continue evolving, while Pete Carroll wanted to get back to core concepts + run. Schotty said "nah." Russell Wilson revealed today that when BS arrived, around 75% of the scheme stuff stayed the same!"

Hmm seems more like PC wanted Brian gone.

https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/article248516740.html

Russell Wilson: I was not, and am not, in favor of Seahawks firing Brian Schottenheimer
Ahh ahh ahh ahh ahh I believe everything Russell Wilson says ahh ahh ahh ahh ahh people never lie except when they say something I disagree with ahh ahh ahh ahh ahh

Hmm ahh

If I were gonna let my mind be rawdogged for years straight, I'd let a quarterback who can convert third downs do it, personally.

John63

Reaction score
Maelstrom and you believe every unsubstantiated article as long as it agrees with your narrative. Let me help you with another thing you probably believe the earth is not flat. it's round. You're welcome.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Maelstrom and you believe every unsubstantiated article as long as it agrees with your narrative. Let me help you with another thing you probably believe the earth is not flat. it's round. You're welcome.
ahh thought I was ignored, Dean? It's substantiated and reported by solid publication. Thanks, though, for the hilariously transparent projection.

Since you want to touch on conspiracy theories, doesn't your Godking believe that fancy nanobubble water heals freakin' CONCUSSIONS? Clown shit. Absolute clown shoes, bud. Don't talk to me about unsubstantiated claims when your messiah peddles that crap, in addition to his NFT sports drink.

Last edited:

John63

Reaction score
You are ignored but if I am not signed in I see what you concocted. The place it is posted may be solid but like all of them, they get things wrong. Again you are willing to believe something with no actual fact but a supposedly unnamed source as long as it supports what you want. When it does not you ignore or undercut it. So I guess I can say it's all a plant by PC to make the trade look better for him and paint Wilson as a bad guy. Given what he did at USC and then bolted it is believable. Unless you just don't want to. Here is an idea why not wait till we have some actual Oh I don't know PROOF.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
You are ignored but if I am not signed in I see what you concocted. The place it is posted may be solid but like all of them, they get things wrong. Again you are willing to believe something with no actual fact but a supposedly unnamed source as long as it supports what you want. When it does not you ignore or undercut it. So I guess I can say it's all a plant by PC to make the trade look better for him and paint Wilson as a bad guy. Given what he did at USC and then bolted it is believable. Unless you just don't want to. Here is an idea why not wait till we have some actual Oh I don't know PROOF.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Sure, you can say that, but most people will laugh at it. Familiar cycle, innit?

Also, you're signing out to see my posts but leaving me on ignore? Holy hell. I can think of a small improvement to your process if you really NEED to see my posts, bud. Maybe they still make that concussion water, might be useful.

balakoth

Reaction score
Ahh ahh ahh ahh ahh I believe everything Russell Wilson says ahh ahh ahh ahh ahh people never lie except when they say something I disagree with ahh ahh ahh ahh ahh

Hmm ahh

If I were gonna let my mind be rawdogged for years straight, I'd let a quarterback who can convert third downs do it, personally.
He's blocked for me.. but didn't this guy say good bye a few weeks ago or something for the 7th time?