Seattle Mariners vs Cleveland Guardians Aug 25-28

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This pitching staff is going to keep them in any game. They were just plain filthy in that Cleveland series. Shoot, Cleveland pitching was damn good too.
I'm enjoying the ride, every day. This is baseball, EVERY TEAM loses to crap teams. Shoot, the Cheatstros got swept by Oakland, it happens.

When they were whining, YET AGAIN, after the guy clearly trapped the ball against the net.................next pitch, 3 RUN JACK.

Man that was fun. Screw Cleveland and their whining. Wins > cocky showboating

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
This pitching staff is going to keep them in any game. They were just plain filthy in that Cleveland series. Shoot, Cleveland pitching was damn good too.
I'm enjoying the ride, every day. This is baseball, EVERY TEAM loses to crap teams. Shoot, the Cheatstros got swept by Oakland, it happens.

When they were whining, YET AGAIN, after the guy clearly trapped the ball against the net.................next pitch, 3 RUN JACK.

Man that was fun. Screw Cleveland and their whining. Wins > cocky showboating
We do have a tendency to blame our hitters for low scoring when in reality, their pitcher just might be better than we want to admit. That foul ball to the screen had me worried, because frankly I didn't know the exact rule myself, but that makes sense. He had it in his glove and it popped out. The screen helped him "catch" it again. Yeah, that seems right. I would hate it if it happened to us, but :LOL: .

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
The Rays, Blue Jays and O’s all have to take turns beating each other up in September. M’s should coast to the top WC spot guaranteed

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Shoot, Castillo and Ray are BOTH aces imo. Having a 1 and 1a, plus Gilbert and our bullpen? They have a shot vs. whatever team they play.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good point. Kirby has been so damn good. He looks like a veteran out there. And the fact that he rarely walks batters is impressive. Ice in his veins.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Both Gilbert and Kirby have thrown more pitches in a season than ever before in their lives. They both need watching.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt. I've been wondering if Servais will ever bump them out to 6 days in between a couple times to give them a little rest on those tired arms. Kirby seems to have control that you just don't see from many guys that early in their career.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Well, they're already monitoring Kirby real close, keeping his pitch count down every start. Gilmore has his rookie (short) season behind him, but I'm sure they're watching. The schedule actually helps. We have a lot of off days (relatively speaking) between now and the end of the season. Just how it worked out, I guess. We do have Flexen and Brash in the pen. They could do a start if needed.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Man I love that Robbie Ray Strikeout when Cleveland had a couple of guys on base! Cal was giving him signals all they way through, and was as pumped as Robbie was, doing a Fist Pump and Leg Kick when the Ump called "STRIKE THREE!"

I lept out of my chair! Replayed the Cal Fist Pump about 10 times. :geek: