Russ's full salary contract cost after trade

Hawknight

Reaction score

BigMeach

Reaction score
If you read what Schneider said about what RW's agent actually wanted with his contract being tied to the cap itself, we got away with one here. Not to mention, while we are going to pay that money out, once it's over with we won't be needing to do anything like that for a while. We're going to be just fine on cap going forward until we build a dominant team and have to start really putting up giant contracts.

Boycie

Reaction score
I just watched is Drew Lock A Good Quarterback? on YouTube, and I may be out to lunch here, but with the way Pete wants to run the ball, and having a big body like DK to throw into coverage with, he might surprise us all? I feel pretty good about him, but I am not very smart, so take that with a grain of salt.

chris98251

Reaction score
Lock is going to have to prove he can beat the Blitz, our division loves to flood the lanes and or send Safeties or CB's also. His mental make up and ability to read coverages and react will be the real test. Why all the combine stuff is irrelevant if between the ears and reaction from see to execute a move needs to be elite, not arm strength, ability to run, then quick release. Why Peyton, and others were so damn good, it's between the ears.

rcaido

Reaction score
Lock just needs to not turn the ball over and hand the ball to Penny & Carson. The occasional bubble screen. If he does that we might win 4 games.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Lock just needs to not turn the ball over and hand the ball to Penny & Carson. The occasional bubble screen. If he does that we might win 4 games.
Russ handed it off over and over and then mixed in an inexplicable deep bomb on 3rd and 1 and we still won more than 4 so.....

toffee

Reaction score
Lock does have big arm, can go deep, just not as accurate in his deep ball when compare to Russ. He also couldn't handle pressure and wouldn't or couldn't throw until he sees the WR; but he does have quick release and tall enough to see the field.

I think Lock's season would a strong running game, lots of play actions, and occasional deep balls. Lock, Geno might have to hold down the fort till we got our next franchise qb.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Yes, Russ was expensive at the end of his time here. The article author is not being fair with the math however by adding this year's dead money and then not including 2019. If the question is whether that last extension was a good deal or not, then it's important to subtract out the value of what we got for him in the trade which is significant.