Russ Broke My Heart

Chawker

Reaction score
Guys I am going to be honest here and make a confession. I had a breakdown today. I miss Russell Wilson and I miss him being a Seahawk. He was one of the most important Seahawks of all time and I can't take away the hurt. This Russell thing has been weighing at my heart every day since he stabbed us in the back. Honestly I would say this hurt is as bad as when I caught my first wife cheating with the babysitter.

I was so depressed because of Russ when I got home today my wife thought someone died. I told her I was mourning Russ and she got really mad at me being upset over a football player. She told me I'm a immature child and that she hates football. I tried to tell her that we won a SB with Russ but she laughed at me and told me to grow up. That just made it all hurt worse.

It just stings guys. I've been taking out my anger on Russell by posting here saying he sucks. I realize now that I'm like a spurned lover. Make no mistake, he will have a terrible year as I've predicted in the NFL forum. But it doesn't make me miss him any less.

I miss his cheesy pep talks. I miss the sight of him pumping up our guys on the sideline. I miss him scrambling and throwing incredible TDs. I miss him visiting the childrens hospital every weekend.

It's going to hurt so bad to see him come into our house wearing another jersey. After all the memories. I'm hurt guys. I'm really hurt. This really does feel like my first divorce.

Oh and before you rule nazis come in here to tell me this isn't Seahawk related: this thread is about one of the most important SEAHAWKS ever. and it is about me missing him being on the SEAHAWKS. yes I know he doesn't play here anymore but I wish he did.

Russell, you broke my heart buddy. You betrayed the city of Seattle. And you broke my heart.
This thread belongs in the shack and its just bait to start trouble in the main forum, it screams for criticism from all angles, yet remembering what Aros has said, I'll pass on any comment at this time.

Cheers

OP
OP
W

Welshers

This thread belongs in the shack and its just bait to start trouble in the main forum, it screams for criticism from all angles, yet remembering what Aros has said, I'll pass on any comment at this time.

Cheers
Wow. Way to invalidate me and my feelings. Not sure what trouble exactly this is starting? Sorry that my hummanity, grace, and compassion offends you.

GemCity

Reaction score
Good post Welshers. I felt the same but have since moved on. Not because I wanted to but, because I had to.

The real test will be seeing what Russ does in Denver. If they start to win, we’ll know the real issue and 90% of the .net crowd will mourn their ineptitude. If they don’t win, the celebration of mediocrity continues here in Seattle.

Pete’s offense is the #1 reason Russ left. Point blank. We need not go into that rabbit hole.

While I hope Denver tanks, I have a feeling Russ is going to light it up. He’s a winner. He’ll find a way.

As for football, it’s more than a game. Two of my sons played college ball and my third, 10 year old, is lighting his pee-wee league up. I didn’t coach the first two but am coaching him. My daughter just got cheerleader of the year (8th grader) and football is what pulled her to the sport. Her “BF” starts on the middle school team.

We’re in Ohio so we hit OSU games, Bengals (gulp) and at least one Hawks road game a year since we live a decent proximity to 4-5 teams.

You can say it’s just a game…maybe it is for you and your family.

Not mine.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

You had more than one divorce? What are you going to post about the second and still contrive it to be Seahawk related?
Sorry, I'm just not feeling the pain.
Appyhawk I am officially starting to accept that an era is officially over. There is no one left from the 2014 triumph now Bobby and rw are gone. In only 9 short days we will play our first game in over a decade without Russell or a member of the team that would go onto win the SB on the field.

It didn't hit me until now that this is truly the end of an era. For years even after lob it still felt like we still had something of that team. That we were hanging onto that magic. It's officially gone now. Could we rebuild and become competitive? Of course. I'm praying for it. But it's like getting a new wife. There will always still be some old magical moments with the old one.

The thing that gets me the most is that I don't think we can put into words how much Russell Wilson meant to this city. Not only did he win the SB but he was an icon who said he'd be here forever. He was a man of the community. And so it just hurts more. I felt this over A-rod, of course.

I can't speak for anyone else here, though I feel there are plenty like me, but the Seahawks have taken up a gigantic portion of my life! I am excited to be onto newer things, but I've been coping until now on the RW thing. I'd been celebrating he was gone or trying to make myself believe that. The truth is I'm sad and I'm grateful to him despite everything.

I needed to speak my truth. Thank you for letting it be heard. And, if you must know, I'm on wife #4. Tell death do us part this time. She is a wonderful woman and even though she gets mad at me over the Seahawks we will never be apart!

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Good post Welshers. I felt the same but have since moved on. Not because I wanted to but, because I had to.

The real test will be seeing what Russ does in Denver. If they start to win, we’ll know the real issue and 90% of the .net crowd will mourn their ineptitude. If they don’t win, the celebration of mediocrity continues here in Seattle.

Pete’s offense is the #1 reason Russ left. Point blank. We need not go into that rabbit hole.

While I hope Denver tanks, I have a feeling Russ is going to light it up. He’s a winner. He’ll find a way.

As for football, it’s more than a game. Two of my sons played college ball and my third, 10 year old, is lighting his pee-wee league up. I didn’t coach the first two but am coaching him. My daughter just got cheerleader of the year (8th grader) and football is what pulled her to the sport. Her “BF” starts on the middle school team.

We’re in Ohio so we hit OSU games, Bengals (gulp) and at least one Hawks road game a year since we live a decent proximity to 4-5 teams.

You can say it’s just a game…maybe it is for you and your family.

Not mine.
Incredibly well said GemCity. My family and I have followed this team too religiously and for far too long to call it a game. Maybe it's not healthy to take it so seriously, but the fact is we do.

My son also played ball so I can relate to that. It's a family thing.

Good luck vs ND today for your Buckeyes!

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Russ is gone, its time to move on !

Or post it in the NFL forum. Russ is no more part of the Seahawks form.

Cheers
we are about to play our first game with no one from the SB era in over 10 years... against Russell Wilson. It has everything to do with the Seahawks and it kind of seems you are just nitpicking. This post is about the team changing and our feelings towards a guy that was huge for this city for a decade. he will come here to play the seahawks in 9 days time and it will be difficult to watch.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Out of the ashes of Russ’s departure rose Julio Rodriguez. Let J-Rod be your Phoenix for your heart.

toffee

Reaction score
we are about to play our first game with no one from the SB era in over 10 years... against Russell Wilson. It has everything to do with the Seahawks and it kind of seems you are just nitpicking. This post is about the team changing and our feelings towards a guy that was huge for this city for a decade. he will come here to play the seahawks in 9 days time and it will be difficult to watch.
I am feeling your pain, but I have converted those negative energy into support for my team.

Go Hawks.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I'm very happy we moved on from the ego. Every year thinking we gotta shot only to see RW continually fail down the stretch when he was out of the mvp race...coincidence?? Its rebuild time and its time to find the next guy!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I am feeling your pain, but I have converted those negative energy into support for my team.

Go Hawks.
I don't feel his pain..I see a toddler acting emotional.
Too many female hormones?I don't know.
I do know I stand by his wife in this.
Be a bigger MAN!

Crizilla

Reaction score
Russ is a good guy I'll miss him too but the team was going nowhere I'm not surprised he's not staying with Seattle his entire career. He will always be known as a seahawk

OP
OP
W

Welshers

I don't feel his pain..I see a toddler acting emotional.
Too many female hormones?I don't know.
I do know I stand by his wife in this.
Be a bigger MAN!
Wow! Very rude! Showing emotion is manly! Sad!