Roster cut announcements have begun

hawk45

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3w45w3mc said:
How did our front office do last year?

Weren't we the team that basically made it into the wild card game and then were absolutely embarrassed by Atlanta in the very next game?

The same FO that made decisions that led to a disaster of an OL that ended up destroying Wilson's health and getting nobody to back up Rawls so we could take the heat off Wilson while Rawls was still injured?

The same great decision making that led to us keeping Alex Collins who showed NOTHING in the preseason only because he was a relatively high draft pick?

Not exactly a great track record by our FO on those keeps in recent years to be honest.

I'm confused. Didn't that same FO ditch Collins, bring in more OL, sign Britt, and bring in a bevy of RBs to address past mistakes? Didn't they sign the biggest baddest DT to combat the Atlantas of the world?

I mean jury's still out on whether the OL will be good enough but we can't say they don't look better than last year so far.

I'm all in on having a good cry over Kasen, I liked the kid, but parlaying that into some general indictment of the FO is where the line gets drawn for me.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Basis4day":2bz5gs7i said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/FieldGulls/status/904124947919863808[/tweet]

Remember last years outrage?

Everyone's like :240039: :RANT: :smilie=angry016.gif: :enraged: :angry017: :waah: :sulk:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
There was an assessment that we should trust the FO in these decisions.

MY response was in the past few years the FO has made terrible decisions on this front. Most of these 50/50 calls have been bad ones. Procise MIGHT be the one they are right on, assuming he can ever stay healthy.

That does not mean all their decisions are bad, it means they make decisions to cut guys that could help them in areas they need help. Because they have an issue admitting they blew draft picks. Maybe because they had that string of fantastic draft picks (that were likely the result of Scott's team when he was on the team, to be honest).

But when it comes to keeping guys that don't show anything and won't do anything, but were 3rd, 4th and 5th round picks? You can count on this FO.

Even though we often have guys we cut that are important in key areas we know we will need help.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Wasn't Marcus Smith the one with the personal foul penalty that ultimately led to the Raiders' touchdown?

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":33zl92ld said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RobRang/status/904133299974553601[/tweet]

For all you David Bass and Smith fans out there ...
And you beat me to that one. :D

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3t0brt9t said:

MY response was in the past few years the FO has made terrible decisions on this front. Most of these 50/50 calls have been bad ones. Procise MIGHT be the one they are right on, assuming he can ever stay healthy.

That does not mean all their decisions are bad, it means they make decisions to cut guys that could help them in areas they need help. Because they have an issue admitting they blew draft picks. Maybe because they had that string of fantastic draft picks (that were likely the result of Scott's team when he was on the team, to be honest).

But when it comes to keeping guys that don't show anything and won't do anything, but were 3rd, 4th and 5th round picks? You can count on this FO.

Even though we often have guys we cut that are important in key areas we know we will need help.
So what you are saying is that you know better... gotcha. :34853_doh:

jpetty38

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":39y507ln said:

Look i liked kasen to, thought he would make it, but if they let him go im gonna trust the front office that won us a superbowl, got us to another superbowl, and is keeping us in the running to make it to yet another superbowl.

He was a husky, he made some great PRE-SEASON catches but you dont cut a guy you drafted that year over a guy who has been here three years and is just now showing any drive besides eating fast food and slacking off.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":1umujji2 said:
Hawkscanner":1umujji2 said:

And you beat me to that one. :D

Quickdraw.jpg

:D :p ;)

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
Roos is better than Hunt and Pocic appears to be the back up center to Britt....smart move.

To recap for those that are looking at these cap moves, any player that makes the initial 53, has their cap number locked in....if you are signed after week 1, you count against the cap, but your money is NOT guaranteed, only game checks for each week you play....so for a Kasen Williams and Marcel Reese, I'm certain they are not very far from being on this roster by week 3 or 4.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
All these armchair GM's. :laugh:
Look, I thought Williams should have made the roster based on what I saw on TV. Hell, I am a Michigan homer and thought Darboh would be cut. I was fine with that, but honestly, I am not out there evaluating talent in practice-etc.
All I am going to say is that if you all think you know more than the F.O.-get a NFL Coach/GM or Scout job and then comeback and talk.
I will let the front office do their job and not lose any sleep over it. It's not worth the stress that some of you express. It really isn't. GoHawks!

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":6dz9nzkl said:

And that is why Cassius Marsh, a hybrid, was traded. Clint Hurtt went with heavier, thicker and stronger.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Williams can run a good go route, but that's about aboull we've seen. Surprising cut for sure, but it's not like they cut Bobby Wagner or something. The over reaction is hilarious on here

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Jville":2mc4t2q7 said:
Hawkscanner":2mc4t2q7 said:

And that is why Cassius Marsh, a hybrid, was traded. Clint Hurtt went with heavier, thicker and stronger.

That and the fact that Bass (for one) was just flat out more productive. It just seemed like whenever I happened to look up, he was always around the ball and making plays. I'm really excited about the prospect of Davis Bass on this roster.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Except the problem isn't that they cut Williams, the problem is they didn't cut Darboh.

We are just wasting a roster spot, like we did last year.

jpetty38

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":27mcs721 said:
Except the problem isn't that they cut Williams, the problem is they didn't cut Darboh.

How often do teams cut there third round pick the same year? now next year if he has not shown anything I will say cut him, but at least give him more than a few months before ya call for his head. Not like we reached when we picked him other teams had interest in the third round for him, he has talent lets see if he can show anything this season.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":24jkeaar said:

Well I wouldn't go THAT far. Amara Darboh was a good receiver in college and I believe he's got a heck of a lot of upside. I think that Darboh will probably turn out to be a fairly solid Pro. It's just that given a choice of the two ... I'd say that Kasen Williams was more deserving of a roster spot (based solely upon his production on the field) than Darboh. Plain and simple.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1a9wm3zy said:
All these armchair GM's. :laugh:
Look, I thought Williams should have made the roster based on what I saw on TV. Hell, I am a Michigan homer and thought Darboh would be cut. I was fine with that, but honestly, I am not out there evaluating talent in practice-etc.
All I am going to say is that if you all think you know more than the F.O.-get a NFL Coach/GM or Scout job and then comeback and talk.
I will let the front office do their job and not lose any sleep over it. It's not worth the stress that some of you express. It really isn't. GoHawks!

You don't have to be a GM or front office employ to use your eyeballs and recognize when talent has been cut. Remember Michael Bennett?

Latest posts