Prototyping post Wilson QB

pinksheets

Reaction score
Frozenropers":1vgwu86w said:
pinksheets":1vgwu86w said:
Sgt. Largent":1vgwu86w said:
pinksheets":1vgwu86w said:
The dead money is basically irrelevant to whether he gets moved or not.

It's absolutely relevant. In fact, it's probably the most relevant part of this entire equation, for all sides involved. Wilson, the Hawks and any new team trying to fit Russell's remaining contract under their own cap....which is almost 20M less than it was last year.

Ask the Patriots, the reason they cheaped out and got Cam Newton last year is because they had almost 15M of dead cap of Brady's contract to get off the books.

Times that by almost three, and that's our situation if Wilson's traded.

And then he's off the books next year. It's absolutely something the Hawks could choose to do rather than drag this out.

But, again, there are clear and easy paths for Russ to lower that dead money hit significantly if he wants out. That's likely what would happen, and I don't get why we're talking like the $39m is set in stone when it's plainly not.

The idea that the dead money, especially when it can be significantly lowered easily, is a hard blocker here and would make a trade unlikely even if both parties want to part ways just isn't the reality.

Easy?
Yes.

All that needs to happen is Russ pays back some of his signing bonus, which his new team could pay him back in a restructure easily. If Russ wants to go, this dead money hit won't stop him.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":1m57uj9n said:
He wants TJack 2.0 with one exception, can see more then just the right side of the field.

Wants decent football IQ but not too smart and confident to challenge him or the OC, will be a good boy and do all the right things.
Colin kaepernick or we might already have that dude in house, Geno Smith.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
pinksheets":2gzc36xq said:
Frozenropers":2gzc36xq said:
pinksheets":2gzc36xq said:
Sgt. Largent":2gzc36xq said:
It's absolutely relevant. In fact, it's probably the most relevant part of this entire equation, for all sides involved. Wilson, the Hawks and any new team trying to fit Russell's remaining contract under their own cap....which is almost 20M less than it was last year.

Ask the Patriots, the reason they cheaped out and got Cam Newton last year is because they had almost 15M of dead cap of Brady's contract to get off the books.

Times that by almost three, and that's our situation if Wilson's traded.

And then he's off the books next year. It's absolutely something the Hawks could choose to do rather than drag this out.

But, again, there are clear and easy paths for Russ to lower that dead money hit significantly if he wants out. That's likely what would happen, and I don't get why we're talking like the $39m is set in stone when it's plainly not.

The idea that the dead money, especially when it can be significantly lowered easily, is a hard blocker here and would make a trade unlikely even if both parties want to part ways just isn't the reality.

Easy?
Yes.

All that needs to happen is Russ pays back some of his signing bonus, which his new team could pay him back in a restructure easily. If Russ wants to go, this dead money hit won't stop him.
DA Bears!I can't wait to thank their fans.. :lol:

Elemas

Reaction score
Post Wilson QB —->> Fire Pete.

Problem solved.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Elemas":3fhz07mh said:

Problem solved.
What made you think that Russ will be happy with the next HC? Pete did sell his soul to Russ in season 2 after all. So fire the Soulless Pete now, which I have no problem with, just to have Russ unhappy again with the next HC in two years, except this time he is not happy with ownership for hiring such crappy HC.

At that point Russ mobilizes his media franchise and fan base to go against Jody Allen just like he is going after the Soulless Pete now, demanding her to sell part ownership to Russ.

Do you really really think the next HC will solve the problem?

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Winston, Bridgewater, Carr, Kaepernick?

John63

Reaction score
toffee":si20dg4d said:
Elemas":si20dg4d said:

Problem solved.
What made you think that Russ will be happy with the next HC? Pete did sell his soul to Russ in season 2 after all. So fire the Soulless Pete now, which I have no problem with, just to have Russ unhappy again with the next HC in two years, except this time he is not happy with ownership for hiring such crappy HC.

At that point Russ mobilizes his media franchise and fan base to go against Jody Allen just like he is going after the Soulless Pete now, demanding her to sell part ownership to Russ.

How exactly did PC sell his Soul to Wilson? As to the rest okay more Qanon stuff

Elemas

Reaction score
toffee":208i5x7w said:
Elemas":208i5x7w said:

Problem solved.

I don’t know. There’s no guarantee. But, if It HAS to be PC or Russ, I’m going with Russ all day. Additionally, if I’m hiring a new HC, I’m not choosing one of a PC mold.

I hope they can coexist but if that’s not possible....

John63

Reaction score
toffee":23p26alw said:

no, no, no and no

Winston-87 lifetime Qb rating, 121/88 td/int in 6 years.

Bridgwater- Lifetime 89 qb rating 53/36 td/int

Carr- 92 lifetime Qb rating, 170/71 td ratio, only 635 total lifetime yards running

Kaepernick has not played in forever, 72/30 td/int ratio, lifetime 88 qb rating

If you are going to replace Wilson was a non-rookie Qb you need to get at least what he gives you. none of these can do that.

Just as an fyi Wilson
avg over 500 yard rushing a season
Wilson 267/81 td/int, 101.7 lifetime Qb rating

Fade

Reaction score
The Jets own Seattle's next two 1st round picks. Trading Wilson will only net late 1st rounders.

The post Wilson QB will be like what they were bringing in before Whitehurst, Flynn, TJack, etc. A stopgap, a bridge.

It's going to be a bad look for Pete if he trades away Wilson in the next off-season, the Seahawks end up being terrible and have to surrender a top 5 pick to the Jets.

Dark times ahead, unless the Seahawks can manage to have an amazing season and convince Wilson to stick around.

Once Wilson is traded, you're going to have to trade DK, as he is going to want out, and so on. A whole domino effect.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Fade":2pjf5o4q said:
The Jets own Seattle's next two 1st round picks. Trading Wilson will only net late 1st rounders.

The post Wilson QB will be like what they were bringing in before Whitehurst, Flynn, TJack, etc. A stopgap, a bridge.

It's going to be a bad look for Pete if he trades away Wilson in the next off-season, the Seahawks end up being terrible and have to surrender a top 5 pick to the Jets.

Dark times ahead, unless the Seahawks can manage to have an amazing season and convince Wilson to stick around.

Once Wilson is traded, you're going to have to trade DK, as he is going to want out, and so on. A whole domino effect.
More reason to trade Wilson now.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
John63":2z7mv7wv said:
toffee":2z7mv7wv said:

no, no, no and no

Carr- 92 lifetime Qb rating, 170/71 td ratio, only 635 total lifetime yards running

If you are going to replace Wilson was a non-rookie Qb you need to get at least what he gives you. none of these can do that.

Just as an fyi Wilson
Your point? We don't HAVE to replace Wilson with an equivalent talent -- I don't get where the hell you're getting that. You're missing the entire point of why a we'd trade Wilson in the first place. If Wilson got traded it would be because he forced his way out of Seattle, not because we had an equivalent replacement or thought we had anything better.

The guys listed above are just our realistic options if Wilson forced Seattle's hand and got out. Nobody is saying these QBs are going to play to the same level, because they won't, but these guys along with a few others are really the type of QB we're going to end up with, unless we draft some rookie star.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2hden5lt said:
John63":2hden5lt said:
toffee":2hden5lt said:

no, no, no and no

Just as an fyi Wilson
Your point? We don't HAVE to replace Wilson with an equivalent talent -- I don't get where the hell you're getting that. You're missing the entire point of why a we'd trade Wilson in the first place. If Wilson got traded it would be because he forced his way out of Seattle, not because we had an equivalent replacement or thought we had anything better.

The guys listed above are just our realistic options if Wilson forced Seattle's hand and got out. Nobody is saying these QBs are going to play to the same level, because they won't, but these guys along with a few others are really the type of QB we're going to end up with, unless we draft some rookie star.
Those four or someone in the same breath. I would wheel kaepernick out for a test run, sign him on vet minimum, dude is about as hungry as it comes. Was he as good as Russ when they played? No! Is he as good as the current Russ? Probably not.

Could a hungry, low mileage, and recharged Kaep inch close to a multi-chanels entrepreneur Russ in the next two three years? We shall see.

But a vet minimum QB allows the team to load up on defense, and OL.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-colin-kaep ... -york-jets

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
toffee":3et3un24 said:
Let's assume Russ will be traded this off season, which is looking increasingly likely. What would be the ideal next QB?

A game manager in a run heavy offense?
A west coast type, short medium passes?
A mobile QB?
A pocket passer?
We definitely will suck next season as this offense was built around Russ's unique talent and skill set. But moving forward, with lots of picks, what should we look forward to?

Sam Darnold!!! If we have to settle Derek Carr or Marcus Mariota! Raiders might get 2 round 1’s for Carr! We trade RW for 5 round 1’s and Mariota that’s the Raiders best shot at taking down the Bears!

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":1907fido said:
toffee":1907fido said:
Let's assume Russ will be traded this off season, which is looking increasingly likely. What would be the ideal next QB?

A mobile QB?
A pocket passer?
We definitely will suck next season as this offense was built around Russ's unique talent and skill set. But moving forward, with lots of picks, what should we look forward to?

Sam Darnold!!! If we have to settle Derek Carr or Marcus Mariota! Raiders might get 2 round 1’s for Carr! We trade RW for 5 round 1’s and Mariota that’s the Raiders best shot at taking down the Bears!
I will go for that

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
toffee":3adaezc1 said:
FresnoHawk68":3adaezc1 said:
toffee":3adaezc1 said:

A mobile QB?
A pocket passer?

I will go for that

Sam Darnold has more talent than RW!! Look deeper into his background!! It’s not always how fast you run & how far you throw. It’s also how you do those things!!

Darnold is the best kept secret in the NFL! Pray Zach Wilson has a strong arm!

Elemas

Reaction score
I don’t know what you’re smoking but, I hope they make it legal in my state (OH) one day.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Elemas":2zb1k46n said:
I don’t know what you’re smoking but, I hope they make it legal in my state (OH) one day.

Smoke the same stuff Pete smokes! Review Pete’s comment on Darnold! Who does Darnold work out with? Hang out with? Josh Allen!!! Where’s Josh from? David Carr, Trent Dilfer, Derek Carr, Aaron Rogers (Chico Ca), Colin Kaepernick = Central Valley! San Mateo = Tom Brady is just as close but those folks are a different breed.

Darnold broke records at USC with minimal QB experience! No many or nobody could do that!

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":2tspkpmj said:
Elemas":2tspkpmj said:

Smoke the same stuff Pete smokes! Review Pete’s comment on Darnold! Who does Darnold work out with? Hang out with? Josh Allen!!! Where’s Josh from? David Carr, Trent Dilfer, Derek Carr, Aaron Rogers (Chico Ca), Colin Kaepernick = Central Valley! San Mateo = Tom Brady is just as close but those folks are a different breed.

Darnold broke records at USC with minimal QB experience! No many or nobody could do that!
All California boys or NoCal boys. Are Carr and Darnold as good as Russ? No no no, could they be adequate in a successful runnung team with good defense? One would think so! At least as good as first round playoff exit; but without the Russ drama like his brand, his water, his mattress, his 'no criticize' in lockroom,, his channel, his media army, his 'my legacy', etc etc.

John63

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3sqt6ys4 said:
John63":3sqt6ys4 said:
toffee":3sqt6ys4 said:

no, no, no and no

Just as an fyi Wilson

Very simple if with Wilson and his talent we are 0+ wins and one and done in the playoffs base don our roster now, then anything less than Wilson talent equates to worse results. base don current talent, And since PC and JS have not shown they are great at drafting of late or signing FAs there is no reason to think they can improve the roster enough to make for any difference, OF course that is assuming the goal is to win and compete for an SB. IF the goal is just to have a team then it does not matter. To me the end goal has to remain an SB contender.

Latest posts