POLL: What's Your Thoughts On The Retros?

How do you like the new retro uniforms?

• LOVE THEM!

Votes: 94 71.8%
  • Pretty cool.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • Meh.

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Barf.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I would have preferred it if...(Read my comments)

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters

morgulon1

Reaction score
I always thought this helmet was the best in the league. Full stop. Seeing them in person ,there's another deeper dimension to the silver. I'm almost emotional as it brings backs lots of memories. I am native and I was immediately drawn to the logo as a kid.
I was proud to see world class athletes rocking these on "my team"! Haha

A northwestern-y kinda thing

I hope we buttonhook SC in these !!

keasley45

Reaction score
Love the throwbacks. But they do give me a touch of PTSD, given many of the memories I have of the Hawks playing in them, but for a stretch in the early to mid 80s, are of them struggling to be relevant.

Although it is cool to think, with all the promise of this upcoming season, that these unis would be worn in a period of rebirth and renewed domination.

Would be cool if you had the option to wear throwbacks in the Superb Owl...

Reaction score
I love them, but couldn't DISAGREE more with those people who want to go back to them full time - love the current look and almost everything about them. Though I'm not particularly fond of the Action Green...they can be fun on occasion

Mick063

Reaction score
Love it, but only for an occasional change up. I like the 2005 version the least. I like the current version the best. I wouldn't mind seeing the retro version with matching blue pants.

I remember the expansion year. The team was attempting to emulate the business model of the Dallas Cowboys (The Seahawk management openly declared this) and the uniform style reflects that. They literally took the Cowboy uniform, altered the hue of blue, and substituted the Seahawk logo for the star.

I kinda like the Browns rocking the white helmet as well.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Love them, but I don't care for the stunted seahawk logo on the helmet. the eyes are in the back of the helmet ffs.

They should have made the back section an inch or two longer so it could have wrapped around closer to the front of the helmet, but I believe the rest of the logo is the same size as the original.

hugecanoli

Reaction score
They should be wearing these the max amount of times the NFL allows alternates (3x/season) but according to the official site, they are only wearing them once against the Browns.

The biggest travesty is we areent't wearing these on Thanksgiving against the Niners and wearing those putrid asinine highlighter green shitshows instead. What an embarrasment on national TV on the biggest of stages. Imagine these beautiful throwbacks instead?

I'm biased...I grew up loving these uniforms and personally think they are the best uniform in all of professional sports.....hands down. Nostalgia is a powerful thing.

kidhawk

Reaction score
They should be wearing these the max amount of times the NFL allows alternates (3x/season) but according to the official site, they are only wearing them once against the Browns.

The biggest travesty is we areent't wearing these on Thanksgiving against the Niners and wearing those putrid asinine highlighter green shitshows instead. What an embarrasment on national TV on the biggest of stages. Imagine these beautiful throwbacks instead?

I'm biased...I grew up loving these uniforms and personally think they are the best uniform in all of professional sports.....hands down. Nostalgia is a powerful thing.

I can't find it at the moment, and it may not be official due to the fact that it's up to the home team which uniform they wear, but I had read awhile back that we may be wearing them the week we play the Cowboys as they usually play in their whites at home. I believe there is a thread somewhere around here that we had discussed this.

hugecanoli

Reaction score
I can't find it at the moment, and it may not be official due to the fact that it's up to the home team which uniform they wear, but I had read awhile back that we may be wearing them the week we play the Cowboys as they usually play in their whites at home. I believe there is a thread somewhere around here that we had discussed this.
Hope you're right, but this is all I see....

https://www.seahawks.com/tickets/game-themes/

and...

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hope you're right, but this is all I see....

https://www.seahawks.com/tickets/game-themes/

and...

Found the thread with the mention. It was mentioned by Bob Condotta

Latest posts