POLL: What's Your Thoughts On The Retros?

How do you like the new retro uniforms?

• LOVE THEM!

Votes: 94 71.8%
  • Pretty cool.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • Meh.

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Barf.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I would have preferred it if...(Read my comments)

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
They look great and I'm very glad to finally see them. I'd love to see the helmet logo a little longer and the pants a little more silver but those are just minor nitpicks.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah the more photos I see the more I really wish they made the helmet logo stretch so the main portion isn't resting behind the center part of the sides. They should have slid it forward another couple of inches. Ah well.

Capturexx

Capturexxz

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I’d like them better if they used the current Angry Hawk design.

I completely understand the nostalgia but prefer our current uniforms.

Overall thumbs up.

Yeah, throwbacks are nice but my fandom was only like 5 years with them so I definitely feel like they’d be more fire if they had some of the modern elements of the current jersey specifically the angry hawk and some of the wing pattern utilization on the leggings, numbers, and helmet. However, I also feel like if they had did all of that then there would be a huge clamor for those Jerseys to replace the current mains. Hopefully, they give that option to the fan and they make an authentic of the modern jersey with throwback color scheme.

But now that these throwbacks are a reality the next unis I’d like to see are the Sonics ‘95-‘01 colors with that burgundy to make it less Green Bay just because keeping the Sonics in the sports scene conversation should never be forgotten and it’s a unique palette in the American football world. And green, yellow, red is low key symbolic of Seattle.

And definitely the All Blacks but not entirely monochromatic using the current color scheme to subtly accentuate and help it pop off a little more as a Seahawks brand. Like the green and gray would pair well with black.

Last edited:

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
They should be wearing these the max amount of times the NFL allows alternates (3x/season) but according to the official site, they are only wearing them once against the Browns.

The biggest travesty is we areent't wearing these on Thanksgiving against the Niners and wearing those putrid asinine highlighter green shitshows instead. What an embarrasment on national TV on the biggest of stages. Imagine these beautiful throwbacks instead?

I'm biased...I grew up loving these uniforms and personally think they are the best uniform in all of professional sports.....hands down. Nostalgia is a powerful thing.
Wolf Grey's are no more. I loved them. https://www.fieldgulls.com/platform...here-wolf-grey-uniforms-discontinued-nfl-news

morgulon1

Reaction score
They should have made the back section an inch or two longer so it could have wrapped around closer to the front of the helmet, but I believe the rest of the logo is the same size as the original.
Exactly.

Does anyone remember the originals? The helmet hawk had a 1-2 inch gap in the back. This could be fixed .

If only they listened to us 😂

Aircrew

Reaction score
Yeah the more photos I see the more I really wish they made the helmet logo stretch so the main portion isn't resting behind the center part of the sides. They should have slid it forward another couple of inches. Ah well.

View attachment 59830

View attachment 59831
I think, and I may be wrong, but if they did that, the logo would have had to move up the helmet just enough to clear and not crowd the facemask. And if that were the case, it would have looked goofier riding too high on the helmet versus riding a little to the back.

Chawker

Reaction score
They remind me of a time when the Seahawks usually had a poor record and where losing most of there games. That logo should be forgotten for ever.
I'm asking, where does the silver come into play ???

Bobby Wagner was hot on it when he suggested to Nikey to make a black and green uniform, two colors that are awesome together.

Cheers

Rat

Reaction score
I was a huge Dolphins fan as a kid in the early 90s, but kinda adopted the Seahawks as my second favorite team, almost exclusively because I loved their uniforms so much. Then them drafting Joey Galloway (my favorite Buckeye ever) made the switch easy.

schkoot

Reaction score

View attachment 59830

View attachment 59831
I think they wanted to leave a little silver between the modern facemask and the beak. With the hawk stretched out further they would touch and it would (likely) look less authentic.

Lagartixa

Reaction score

"Wolf grey" always sounded cooler than it looked to me. I don't know about in the stadium, but on TV, the wolf-grey unis looked like poorly laundered white uniforms (like the utter disaster, which I hope will continue for some time, of the Rams' relatively recent hilarious logo redesign and uniform change). And during the game, sweat showed up on the wolf-grey uniforms in a way it didn't on any other uniform color.

The "action-green" uniforms actually grew on me. I hated the whole "color-rush" nonsense when it started, and I still dislike Thursday-night games, but I actually don't mind seeing "action green" once a season. I've found that action-green jerseys with college-navy pants actually look OK to me now, and I kinda enjoy the all-action-green set as a kind of middle finger to the other team and its fans.

I already had a throwback jersey with the number 10 and "ZORN" on it. I bought that to celebrate a new job in 2018, and I wore it around Re:Invent, the big annual Amazon Web Services event in Vegas, that year. I also wore it to my first Seahawks home game (after over 43 years of being a Seahawks fan) in 2019. I like the new throwbacks a lot, and had been hoping to see silver-helmet throwback unis for some time. Because I wondered about the possibility of the Seahawks using such throwbacks, I knew about the rule that allowed the team only one helmet, and I was really happy when that rule changed.

I'd buy one of the throwbacks with the name "GREEN" and the number 79 if I could. I'm still not sure what to do with current players. This is one of the reasons I like the use of the number 12 to represent the fans. I'd consider a jersey with my name on the back and the number 12.

Last edited:

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I would have preferred it if they kept the angry bird of prey instead of whimpy Toucan Sam.