• Underpaid

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters
OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
He was miked-up and at the end of the game had an exchange with a Dallas player asking him about how things were in Seattle to which he responded positively. It was unguarded and I suspect his relationship with the Giants was pretty uncomfortable.

That is interesting b/c he has been a solid DLineman since being a 1st rd draft pick, so it was either money or flat out disagreement with the team as to their direction. He seems happy as.a Seahawks and well regarded by his teammates. My question, so why did they eat his salary to rid themselves of a good player?
The giant ate his salary because he’s an impending free agent, and was likely going to walk without them getting anything back. Teams knew this saw the Giants needed to eat his salary in order to get good draft, such as what the Seahawks gave up for him.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Seems like a good player, is making an impact, but not sold it was worth a 2nd, considering our need for picks to get a qbotf, without which our team is doomed to mediocrity at best.

flv2

Reaction score
Good player but the Giants didn't think he was worth $18M at the start of the year. However, they had gotten themselves into a cap situation where it was preferable to keep a $14M player on an $18M contract rather than make the business move. The Seahawks were trading for a $14M player for half a season and $6M of cap space. If they get a good compensatory pick in 2025 or a discount on an extension then they broke even on the trade. Worse case it's a small overpay they can live with.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Williams has been pretty good however the second round pick they gave up would really come in handy this coming draft if there’s a quarterback higher up that they want. I seriously can’t believe that management and a coaching staff is so out of touch that they thought that they were one player away from making a real playoff run. Absolutely perplexing!

SNDavidson

Reaction score
He's absolutely a big helpful guy in there, I hope we keep him and draft a replacement like him, he frees up others and reads the play well.

GemCity

Reaction score
Definitely making an impact.

But a 2nd and a 5th for an aging vet that may not even re-sign? Cmon now…

If he re-signs……I guess we’ll be gtg.

Would’ve much preferred only coughing up a 3rd without including the 5th. Maybe we lowballed them at first but, from what I understand, he was walking next season.

Did NY really have the upper hand in this?

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Definitely making an impact.

But a 2nd and a 5th for an aging vet that may not even re-sign? Cmon now…

If he re-signs……I guess we’ll be gtg.

Would’ve much preferred only coughing up a 3rd without including the 5th. Maybe we lowballed them at first but, from what I understand, he was walking next season.

Did NY really have the upper hand in this?
No, New York did not have the upper hand, just like the Jets didn’t have the upper hand when trading Jamal Adams as he already said he didn’t want to be there. It’s basically our front office getting schooled on both of these trades.

Again, I think Seattle would really like to have had that second round pick back to be able to move up in the first round for a quarterback they really liked. Oh well.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Williams has been pretty good however the second round pick they gave up would really come in handy this coming draft if there’s a quarterback higher up that they want. I seriously can’t believe that management and a coaching staff is so out of touch that they thought that they were one player away from making a real playoff run. Absolutely perplexing!
Anything can happen with a bit of momentum. Things can change quickly.

Euphoric Duty

Reaction score
Obviously we didn’t give as much up for Williams like we did Jamal Adams/Jimmy Graham/Harvin…but at least those guys were All Pro players when we traded for them combined with championship hopes at the time.

We traded a 2nd round pick for a half season rental for Leonard Williams who was regarded as an above average player. There will be QBs who drop to the 2nd round pick in a deep QB draft and we can’t even consider taking them now…the most important position in professional sports. Hope everybody loves Geno Smith. Seriously what a stupid F’ing trade…

Last edited:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Obviously we didn’t give as much up for Williams like we did Jamal Adams/Jimmy Graham/Harvin…but at least those guys were All Pro players when we traded for them combined with championship hopes at the time.

We traded a 2nd round pick for a half season rental for Leonard Williams who was regarded as an above average player. There will be QBs who drop to the 2nd round pick in a deep QB draft and we can’t even consider taking them now…the most important position in professional sports. Hope everybody loves Geno Smith. Seriously what a stupid F’ing trade…
I think there is good chance that they trade down to get a 2nd round pick or they could just stand pat and try and get of the top OL guys in a deep draft for OL. I do agree it was a pretty bad trade given the circumstances.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score

I hope that your day gets better

Floridahawk79

Reaction score

Welcome...enjoy your stay.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
In a QB rich draft, one of the best in years, to trade your 2nd round pick away WHEN YOU NEED A QB is terminally stupid.
In hindsight it will probably go down as one our more moronic trades. Not even sure why we traded for him, we had no chance at the playoffs. Stupid.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
IF they don't re-sign him, sure it was a bad trade. But maybe slow your roll a little. Never go FULL FADE on your first post.

(you'll get the joke later if you stick around)

That being said, you're gonna' fit right in at everything sucks dot net

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Williams was arguably the best defensive player on the team once he was here. He upgraded the DL which was in shambles until he arrived. This trade is nowhere near as bad as the trades for -

Percy Harvin
Sheldon Richardson
Jimmy Graham
Jamal Adams
and one which they traded a future HOF player - Seahawks traded Ahman Green to GB

Latest posts