Votes: 134 56.3%
  • Overpaid

Votes: 102 42.9%
  • Underpaid

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters

Parallax

Reaction score
- Funny how so many people like to talk about "go for it", "shoot your shot", "take the risk", until someone does, and it doesn't necessarily work out. We saw the chance to get a very good defensive lineman to a team in desperate need of one. Seeing as how Pete was just fir.... I mean re-assigned, he was right to think he needed a big push for the playoffs. If Williams does leave, maybe we get a comp pick and that guy becomes a superstar. Who knows. But hey, if you really need another Dee Eskridge or Malik McDowell, instead of making a play for a legitimate contributor, then you do you. (And yes, I know, Wagner, DK, K9, but you see my point) CRAP SHOOT.

Mase
We also got DK and Mafe in the second round. They don't all turn out bad. The best teams don't make bone headed moves like this. The best teams take smart risks, paying attention to value. The Hawks under Carroll were not such a team. They signed an amazing group in the early years and then undermined it bit by bit. The Harvin trade was stupid. The Graham trade was really the beginning of the end. There weren't many good trades. A fifth rounder for Diggs was good. The Brown trade wasn't great value but it worked out alright. Of course the Lynch trade was great. Most of the rest were dogs.

Parallax

Reaction score
But will you whine and moan about it 2 years after the fact? Just curious. Because that's EXACTLY what is going to happen on here.
I don't see it as whining to voice one's frustrations on a fan site. We're here to comment on the good, the bad and the ugly. That trade was worse than ugly, incredibly stupid. Anyone with their eyes open could have seen it was a desperation move. Honestly, I thought Pete should have been replaced a couple of years earlier. His ego had taken charge and the best interests of the team be damned.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Still talking about Harvin and Graham? To each his/her own, but damn, the 24/7 bashing of this front office by a select few is a trip.
Incredibly stupid? Ok..........
They've made some bad trades and draft picks, NO different than most teams in the NFL. This isn't the Mariners we're talking about here. This front office has also done a lot of good things.

Parallax

Reaction score
woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Meh, it is what it is. Hopefully they re-sign him. Again, every front office makes bad moves too, can't hit a HR every time.

A lot of people on here bitch and moan about almost EVERYTHING this team does, so.......
This wasn't a standard move that didn't work out. This was one that was obviously idiotic from the moment it happened. Good teams don't make those moves. Teams like the Jets do, but even they fleeced us with Adams.

Parallax

Reaction score
Well I am hoping to resign Willams
Me too, if we can do it at a fair price. If teams are gonna throw money at him, let him go. If we're not sure but he wants a big contract, let him test the market.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough. You call it what you want, I'll call it what I want. That's kind of how it works.

And come on Parallax, no matter WHAT they do with Williams, you're going to complain. Just man up and admit it, that's all.
If they don't sign him, they're stupid. If they give him a high $ contract, they're stupid.
Williams is going to get a big $ contract from someone, imo.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And hey, I'm that way about Penix, and I'm not gonna' budge. So, we both have strong opinions on certain players.

Jville

Reaction score
But will you whine and moan about it 2 years after the fact? Just curious. Because that's EXACTLY what is going to happen on here.

I'm sure the whining and moaning will continue. It's an addiction. And the forum has its addicts.

Unfortunately, there is no forum Addicts Rehabilitation Center.

Parallax

Reaction score
I'm sure the whining and moaning will continue. It's an addiction. And the forum has its addicts.

Unfortunately, there is no forum Addicts Rehabilitation Center.
I think you're suffering from Seattle syndrome, in which it's not alright to express opinions unless popular. I'm from New York, where it's ok to have different ideas.

Parallax

Reaction score
And hey, I'm that way about Penix, and I'm not gonna' budge. So, we both have strong opinions on certain players.
Pro-Penix or anti? Personally, I'm agnostic and value oriented. I'd be happy if we got him in the third. I'd be concerned if we took him at 16 but would still be excited and hope for the best. I wouldn't want Schneider to pull the trigger unless he had really solid behind-the-scenes reasons to think our chances of success good.

I generally don't criticize draft picks because I don't know enough to know whether the team took a smart risk. Eskridge is a case in point. I wanted the team to take Humphrey, as did most of us. But I don't fault them for taking a shot at a WR3.

Jville

Reaction score
I think you're suffering from Seattle syndrome, in which it's not alright to express opinions unless popular. I'm from New York, where it's ok to have different ideas.

Can't speak to New York.

But the 1st amendment is still exercised in many locals thru out the land.

Parallax

Reaction score
Can't speak to New York.

But the 1st amendment is still exercised in many locals thru out the land.
So you're good with folks expressing opinions you don't align with?

Parallax

Reaction score
Sure, whiners got to whine. Moaners got to moan.
Your pejorative framing reveals that you're not being honest. Which is my problem with Seattle culture. I'd rather you just tell me your truth and not try to be overly polite. I mean, sure, don't be an ass. But I'd rather have an honest discussion rather than a veiled one.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Pro-Penix or anti? Personally, I'm agnostic and value oriented. I'd be happy if we got him in the third. I'd be concerned if we took him at 16 but would still be excited and hope for the best. I wouldn't want Schneider to pull the trigger unless he had really solid behind-the-scenes reasons to think our chances of success good.

I generally don't criticize draft picks because I don't know enough to know whether the team took a smart risk. Eskridge is a case in point. I wanted the team to take Humphrey, as did most of us. But I don't fault them for taking a shot at a WR3.
3rd? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: