Pete or Brian you can't have both

OP
OP

12th And Loud

Reaction score
keasley45":39iwgb8f said:
If schottenheimer can't get Russ to run the office he draws up and get the ball out the way its supposed to and manage the game, then he should go the same way bevell went.

I think both are responsible for not holding Russ more accountable.

Question now is how much of what Russ is doing (or not doing) is because he can't and how much is because he stubbornly won't.

But to your question. Schotty should go well before PC

We are on the same page.

My pecking order for the alphas in the building:

1. Pete
2. Brian
3. Russ

Russ has to know that big contract aside he answers to, and is accountable to, Brian. You don't let a football mind like that get dampered by Russ ad-libbing. More like mad-libbing this weekend. Some of those blanks he was filling in were more like multiple choice. Which is why he failed I guess.

Pete should have a summit with Brian and Russ. Each person can bring two players, not more than 1 coach. That gets you a max of 12 key personnel\staff. They hammer it out over a weekend retreat and walk away less with x and o specifics but more with the proper idealogy.

Happens in Hollywood, you get a lot of stars in a movie you have to make sure they know who is getting top billing.

THAT IS THE BIGGEST PROBLEM HERE RIGHT NOW. Make sure they know Pete is here and safe and things fall into place.

Forthewin

Reaction score
I will take Pete, Brian and Lois if I want! lame joke, I know...I will show myself out.

OP
OP

12th And Loud

Reaction score
Hawks2022":mq4tyzj7 said:
I will take Pete, Brian and Lois if I want! lame joke, I know...I will show myself out.

LOL I get it. We think a like. Funny.

OP
OP

12th And Loud

Reaction score
12th And Loud":7v5xkrgs said:
I feel like Pete and Brian are both alpha males. It is hard for them to exist on the same staff.

I would pick Pete personally, but I think you clearly have to pick one. Not a bad problem to have because this team, with a few tweaks, can win the Super Bowl next year. We saw it, they were streaky this year but we saw it.

You need to buy into one ideology though.

1) Game changing offensive techniques with Brian

2) Old school hard hitting defense with Pete

You can't co-exist with both primarily because each philosophy requires a different training program, offseason especially, and a different game day game plan.

Pick one and win.

We have seen that we sink when we try to do both.

Like I was saying, pick one.

Pete wins. Now we can return to our winning ways. Schotty has a family legacy of playoff losses. It was time to move on.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Schotty was the least interesting hire in decades. Wasted some good RW years. That's on Pete.

but Pete >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.Schotty

justafan

Reaction score
Schotty has been a 3rd rate OC for years. Now after 3 years with Wilson he is a head coach candidate? Cmon.

That is the same kind of mentality that gives coaches like Bradley, Quinn and all those New England coaches opportunity to get head coaching jobs.They ride the success of the head coaches and players like the LOB,Brady and Wilson then parlay it into HC. Good for them but it usually fails for the team that follows that strategy.

Latest posts