Payton to coach Denver

Hawknballs

Reaction score
If i were a broncos fan I'd be pretty furious. they've now quadrupled down on Russ.

-Traded a boat load for him
-Contract before he took a snap
-sent hackett packing
-traded a boat load for payton

So far all they have to show for this is one 5-win season. If they don't win a Superbowl in the next 2 years, what a huge waste of time and resources.

WarHawks

Reaction score
How does this affect the pick we get from Denver in 2024? That's all I care about.

rcaido

Reaction score
So they are giving up a 1st & 2nd. Broncos get a 3rd round pick and Payton. So its pretty much giving up Chubbs who they were not going to resign. So pretty much swapped out their 2nd round pick for NO 3rd round pick.

Payton seem like the best coach available to help Wilson get back on track.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
How does this affect the pick we get from Denver in 2024? That's all I care about.
It doesn't. The Seahawks only got Denver's draft picks in 2022 and 2023 drafts. There is no pick from Denver in 2024 from the RW trade.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
There were many .NET claiming that Payton wanted no part of working with Russell Wilson. Apparently that wasn't the case.

chris98251

Reaction score
Payton will just get with the Defensive Unit and put a bounty on him, it will look like an accident. I really think Payton wanted a bit of authority over Mr Eliminated, why? Because Wilson has established himself as Me and my Brand first, Pete and John spun as best they could and got Denver to Bite, Hackett could not survive his BS, and either went with Management or was worried about how his career may go with Benching him or getting into a pissing contest.

The Drama and or Melodrama next year should be fun, will start out all smiles I am sure, want to see after the first 2 games though.

Last edited:

NoGain

Reaction score
No doubt this is about the best thing that could have happened for RW's career now. If Payton can't get RW's game reinvented and career back on track, then it's kaputzy for Russ.