Sean Payton lights into Hackett

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Gruden said racist stuff, he will never coach in the NFL again, but bounty gate is SO much worse! Payton is scum and I wish him and the Broncos nothing but FAIL.

I kinda hope Wilson shines again, yet the team fails miserably, because that guy deserves it, and Denver does too for hiring him, and being a shady team too...
This is now officially getting GOOD!

Are you kidding me? I knew that there's be fireworks on deck with Me3/SP - but add a disgruntled and whiney Rodgers into the Trifecta of wonderfulness?! Is it christmas? Is it my birthday? Wow.

I'm gonna get some popcorn - 'cause the show is starting. I can hardly wait until the Donks go 0-3 to start the season. It's gonna be awesome!!!!!!

There's a cage match about to start in Denver!!!!!

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
SP did inherit a talented team but he is also facing down a brutal schedule.

Based on Denver's 2023 schedule they need to start off 2-2 or better because after that it is a brutal stretch. Jets, Chiefs, Packers, Chiefs, Bills, Vikings, and Browns. They will face the Texans after the Browns but by that part of the season who know if the Texans are still in the hunt or not. Because the Texans are capable of giving teams a run for their money as we saw this past season. Then the Broncos finish the season playing against Chargers, Lions, Patriots, Chargers and Raiders.
Raiders and Chiefs have beet the broncos 12 and 15 consecutive times - respectively. What a horrifying stat.

Payton has to be hanging his hat on ending at least one of those streaks. I think we will see all hope lost in Bronco-land by about week 7 or 8.

They won't admit it - but I believe that will be the case.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I usually think Rodgers is a pompous insufferable windbag, but he's right on this one. Payton was out of line, and just hedging his job with how bad things are in Denver by throwing his predecessor under the bus.

I'm ALL for more Denver dysfunction, as it's highly entertaining. But Rodgers is right, it was low class, especially for a head coach. But then again, this was the dude who sanctioned his coordinator to introduce Bountygate, so it's not really all that surprising.

keasley45

Reaction score
I usually think Rodgers is a pompous insufferable windbag, but he's right on this one. Payton was out of line, and just hedging his job with how bad things are in Denver by throwing his predecessor under the bus.

I'm ALL for more Denver dysfunction, as it's highly entertaining. But Rodgers is right, it was low class, especially for a head coach. But then again, this was the dude who sanctioned his coordinator to introduce Bountygate, so it's not really all that surprising.

Well, if there's such a thing as Karma, its alive and well in Denver. KJ Hamler was just waived with a NFI designation (heart related). Im hoping the kids ok, but thats 2 wr's in the span of a day.

Also hoping the Jets stomp the ever loving snot out of the Donks. Will be likely the only time I ever pull for an ARodgers team.

toffee

Reaction score

Nailed this one! And Rodgers forcibly defended Hackett, and everything Rodgers said that right.

hawkfan68

Reaction score

toffee

Reaction score
Aaron feels he should be consulted on every move as well. Jets FO will find this out soon enough. Just as what happened when the Packers fired their previous QB Coach to bring in Nathaniel Hackett - https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/02/01/aaron-rodgers-quarterback-coach-packers-alex-van-pelt-fired (circa 2018).
No doubt that Aaron is a diva, but in this particular case, I think that he's right. No reason for Payton to insult his predecessor, and no reason to accuse the jets, Payton was out of line.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
No doubt that Aaron is a diva, but in this particular case, I think that he's right. No reason for Payton to insult his predecessor, and no reason to accuse the jets, Payton was out of line.
Payton could have shown more restraint. I agree with that. But what he said isn't that out worldly. Most people would agree that Denver was a mess from the top down. Leadership was one of the major reasons why. He basically took a shot at Denver's ownership and FO in the process too (his bosses). Payton already had apologized for it before Rodgers started making his comments. I can't wait to watch Rodgers fail with Jets just like Favre did. Favre was a better QB (IMO) than Rodgers is. Favre didn't have top 5 WR like Davante Adams to his stats.

Last edited:

toffee

Reaction score
Payton could have shown more restraint. I agree with that. But what he said isn't that out worldly. Most people would agree that Denver was a mess from the top down. Leadership was one of the major reasons why. He basically took a shot at Denver's ownership and FO in the process too (his bosses). Payton already had apologized for it before Rodgers started to making his comments. I can't wait to watch Rodgers fail with Jets just like Favre did. Favre was a better QB (IMO) than Rodgers is.
A matter of what and when to say? Just because one observed that women in general are not as physically strong as men, one still shouldn't publicly accuse women being the weaker gender. I certainly wouldn't want my Mrs. to show me how strong that she can be, lol.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Only way the broncos have a respectable record is if they *gasp* adopt Pete ball.

Even then it might not be enough cuz that QB still sucks at moving chains