Sean Payton lights into Hackett

bileever

Reaction score
It is unusual, and it is also a little unfair for Payton to blame Hackett since the stuff having to do with Wilson, his coaches, his office and his entourage was decided between Wilson and the Denver front office, and I'm sure Hackett had no say about it.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Agreed it's not something you see....coaches calling out others. I see Saleh and a former Bronco o-lineman who's now a Jet fired back too. The only reason to do this I can figure is to pump up his QB going into the season.

Scout

Reaction score
SP can coach but the problem is that Denver is in a brutal division and conference. Are the Broncos clear cut a better team than the Raiders, Jets, Texans, Colts, Browns? All those teams last season hovered around where Denver finished or slightly better.

Here is a quick run down: Raiders, Jets, Texans and Colts all have new starting QBs. R. Wilson has to out play this group and I am not so certain that Deshaun Watson is going to have another average showing. Based on Watson's career averages he is going to more likely improve and return to form as he is 27 years old.

I haven't even touched upon the other AFC teams that are clearly better or on par with Denver heading into this season.

SP like Gruden has let his ego overtake him already before evaluating what he is walking into with Denver. That Denver defense last year easily helped that team win 5 games. Without Evero I am not sure if Denver's defense will be aggressive enough to help the team compete. Vance isn't a bad coordinator but I am not sure if he is the right fit given the current depleted resources that Denver faces in terms of cap space and draft resoruces.

morgulon1

Reaction score
bountygate.

i remind everyone of it every. single. time. this. douchebag's. name. comes. up.

He's just such an fing weasel dicked snake.
Yes!!!

This dude better hope he doesn't have a bad season. Talking all the smack he's been
Smacking . He will look more foolish than he already has.

P.S. did our mild mannered Canadian cousin CalgaryHawkfam2005 call Sean Payton a weasel dicked snake?

Beautiful ❤️

Last edited:

JPatera76

Reaction score
Merging with the other Payton thread in the NFL forums. That’s the same thing.

This isn’t Seahawks related or news.

Fade

Reaction score
Payton is just telling the truth.

Hackett inherented one of the most talented teams in football, and he found a way to immediately turn them into a bottom 5 team.

Payton also mentions everyone in DEN had a hand in it, but Hackett was the primary reason for the catastrophe.

And he isn't wrong, Hackjob will never get a HCing job again.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Everyone knows the best kind of “Payton” will always be Gary.

Sean Payton is a clown.

Denver put a target on their back to go at minimum 10-7.

We’ll see if Sean Payton has to eat his own words…
Too funny.

Me3 comes to town ready to "ride" as the saviour then FAILED .

Here comes Bongzilla, slamming his predecessor, ownership etc...
That boy better hope he doesn't struggle, lil russy wussy fragile mind
Can't HACKETT.

Scout

Reaction score
SP did inherit a talented team but he is also facing down a brutal schedule.

Based on Denver's 2023 schedule they need to start off 2-2 or better because after that it is a brutal stretch. Jets, Chiefs, Packers, Chiefs, Bills, Vikings, and Browns. They will face the Texans after the Browns but by that part of the season who know if the Texans are still in the hunt or not. Because the Texans are capable of giving teams a run for their money as we saw this past season. Then the Broncos finish the season playing against Chargers, Lions, Patriots, Chargers and Raiders.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
THIS. Again. Bountygate was evil.

He should be banned from the league. It made me barf everytime he was doing his fidgity "do I fit in up here" dance on the FOX pregame show last year.

He should absolutely be banned from the league - but here he is - in all his glory:

Gruden said racist stuff, he will never coach in the NFL again, but bounty gate is SO much worse! Payton is scum and I wish him and the Broncos nothing but FAIL.

I kinda hope Wilson shines again, yet the team fails miserably, because that guy deserves it, and Denver does too for hiring him, and being a shady team too...