Outplayed and Outcoached - a complete team loss

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Geno played fine, certainly well enough to win.

This loss is on the defense for not being able to get the hell off the field and getting ran over for four quarters.

Super frustrating. Maybe healthy scratching Mone wasn't the best idea Pete, sure seems like you could have used another big body in the middle.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
he fumbled in the Red Zone. He is not without part of the blame. TEAM game and a TEAM loss.
And clearly he DIDN'T play well enough to win, because they lost, ZERO points in the first half. He's the QB, part of the blame goes to the QB, that's how it works.

Last edited:

Hawkpower

Reaction score
he fumbled in the Red Zone. He is not without part of the blame. TEAM game and a TEAM loss.
And clearly he DIDN'T play well enough to win, because they lost, ZERO points in the first half. But I'm sure he had nothing to do with that either.

for someone who is claiming to be in Geno's corner, you sure are filling this thread with just the opposite vibe

Your crusade to make us understand he isnt ready to be crowned is noted Soulfish :)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm stoked he's the QB. But, he deserves part of the blame when they lose. I just don't get the Geno is never w/out fault and floats in mid air thing. That's all.

doctorsubie

Reaction score
The game was lost in the trenches, on both sides of the ball.

1st half Seahawks they consistently couldn't pick up + yardage on 1st down, leading to the inevitable 3rd and long which = 3 and out.

Despite Tom Brady being a functional statue in the backfield, he only got hit once and basically had a clean pocket to throw from. No pressure (did Nwosu even play?) + flat effort + consistently playing for Tampa's quick passes led to them being able to punch out consistently productive runs that put them in 2nd and 3rd and manageable.

And on TB's last drive of the game, despite knowing we needed to stop the run, our D was gassed by that time.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I think that part of the problem was the young team and lack of seasoned vets. This game was hyped all week much like the Superbowl. For the most part, these players haven't seen this kind of circus. Maybe some of them just got caught up in all of the hype and weren't as focused as they need to be to win games in the NFL. A big, fat slice of humble pie combined with a bye week could be a good thing.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Trenches need to be improved for sure. Hoping that with two 1s and two 2s in the next draft, they build up that D line. They need legit pass rushers. Also, time to draft a stud Guard too.
I couldn't agree more about the humble pie. Some times the team just gets a reality check, it can be a good thing in the long run. Believing their own hype could have happened.
Now, take the time off to heal up, re focus and get ready for the stretch run. The game is over, can't dwell on it for too long.
Tons of work to be done.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
I'm stoked he's the QB. But, he deserves part of the blame when they lose. I just don't get the Geno is never w/out fault and floats in mid air thing. That's all.

Not sure that's a fair representation of anyone's takes, in this thread at least

I see that some wrote he played "fine" "well enough" and "decent"

Not exactly levitating adjectives ;)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough, and noted :)

However, he didn't play well enough, neither did the rest of the team. They lost.
Michael Dickson was a beast, other than that? Team loss.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
And clearly he DIDN'T play well enough to win, because they lost, ZERO points in the first half. But I'm sure he had nothing to do with that either.

He also threw two amazing TD's, the one to Goodwin was arguably his best throw of the year. Spectacular throw on the run, and on 4th down. Clutch.

So no, I'm not putting yesterday's loss on Geno. The defense crapped the bed, especially in the run game. Terrible gap control, terrible run defense, terrible coverage for 3 quarters. They got blown off the ball at the line.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm not putting the loss on him either. But he was PART of it. Sorry if you don't like that opinion. Again, he is not w/out fault. He's the QB, he needed to play better for 4 quarters.
He was damn good in the 4th quarter. The rest of the game? meh

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I wanted Seattle to win this game so we can go into the BYE week with some momentum!

But you can’t win them all.

Players for a multitude of reasons will not always play well. This was an international game with body and mind clock changes. Not sure if a few days in advance can do it and adjust well for some players.

Players are humans after all.

The coaches didn’t exactly coach and game plan well, either. Oh, well, they can make mistakes, they are human as well.

I wanted to win this game to keep the chances of winning the division and staying high on the conference as possibly the 3 seed in the conference but Seattle lost this conference game.

Again, you can’t win them all.

Bucs was playing for more reasons than Seattle was. Devin White, father passed away, so White, really wanted a win badly.

The Bucs had more to prove in this game than Seattle did. Their physicality showed it.

Seattle went down early and didn’t have enough time to come back.

You can’t win them all and that’s okay, that’s the NFL.

As long as the coaches and players learn from this game and do not repeat the same mistakes and can make adjustments on the fly then this game was a learning experience and Seattle will be better for it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Let's be honest here.

Yeah the team played poorly pretty much all the way around, and yeah the field conditions sucked.

But maybe, just maybe the Hawks, especially the younger players were reading a little too much of their own press clippings, and couldn't match the Bucs intensity and physicality..............and never recovered.

I saw a team that didn't look prepared, made mistakes they hadn't made since the first couple weeks with blown coverage, poor tackling, poor blocking, false starts and poor execution on offense for most of three quarters.

And most of all, a coaching staff that GROSSLY underestimated their opponents ability to run the ball and execute on offense, and got steamrolled by a more prepared and executed team. In all three phases.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You could see it from the get too. TB was fired up, wanted it more, and they were WAY more prepared and well coached.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
You could see it from the get too. TB was fired up, wanted it more, and they were WAY more prepared and well coached.

I don't like the term "wanted it more," it's cliche.

But it certainly applies when you're taking about which team comes out more physical and has more intensity, and that wasn't the Hawks yesterday.

My point is I think maybe the Hawks were feeling their oats a little with all the attention of late and dunking on the doubters, even Pete and the staff.

So maybe they got surprised the the Bucs came in the more prepared and physical team. Football is so much about the intangibles like physicality, grit, will, etc. I didn't see much of any of this yesterday compared to the last month of BEING the more physical team.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Call it whatever you want, the Bucs clearly looked like they wanted it more. It happens, it's football. They were fired up from the first snap, the Hawks looked like they were sleep walking thru the first half.
And I couldn't agree more with them maybe feeling a little full of themselves. Good lesson yesterday, sometimes a legit reality check is something a team needs.

chrispy

Reaction score
Maybe I missed it... I haven't scoured all the threads in the last 24. But if we're so eager to distribute blame, how is K9 eluding all mention?

It's been identified in weeks past, he shuffles and waits for holes instead of following a blocker or just squaring up for whatever he can get. Sure, Bucs we're keyed in on him, but he gave up a lot of 1/2 yards and 2-3 yards on individual plays because he didn't commit and square up. The run game didn't work and that wasn't Geno's doing....

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Right, Geno had NOTHING to do with any of their losses this year. Got it

I give up. Win as a team lose as a team.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Maybe I missed it... I haven't scoured all the threads in the last 24. But if we're so eager to distribute blame, how is K9 eluding all mention?

It's been identified in weeks past, he shuffles and waits for holes instead of following a blocker or just squaring up for whatever he can get. Sure, Bucs we're keyed in on him, but he gave up a lot of 1/2 yards and 2-3 yards on individual plays because he didn't commit and square up. The run game didn't work and that wasn't Geno's doing....

Sometimes its hard for me to pin blame on the RB or the O-line for a lethargic run game, but I remember one play in particular late in the game where Walker shuffled his feet and he got destroyed

He certainly needs to hit that gap (if its there) quicker at times

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
There was one play where you saw him come off the field and banging his head. Probably missed an open spot being a little too patient. He'll learn, and it sounds like he's very coachable.