Outplayed and Outcoached - a complete team loss

renofox

Reaction score
Oh Well. We were expecting bad games throughout the year.

Did not think the coaches, the DL, and Geno would be THIS bad in a bad game, but a perfect storm of suckitude rained down on the Seahawks.

Should be a great learning experience. I can see the team being fired up and going on a run after the bye. Lots of tough games ahead but I don't think we'll more than 1 more game played as badly as this for the remainder of the regular season.

Scout

Reaction score
They looked flat but the coaches should have adjusted to the fact the Bucs were playing ball control on offense.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Pretty much. Outcoached, adjusted too late, especially on the offensive side. Offense stuck with the run too long when it wasn't working, too many long-developing pass plays where Geno got pressured. On D, no pressure on Brady (was Nwosu out/injured?), not able to stop the Bucs run game.

Also, field conditions/footing was terrible, Bucs had to play in it too, but I think it helped Bucs run game.

A game to learn from, note adjustments for future games, and then forget.

Polk738

Reaction score
They looked flat but the coaches should have adjusted to the fact the Bucs were playing ball control on offense.
Exactly, they were getting destroyed on the ground in nickel, although I don't know if they would've been any better going to heavier formations

olyfan63

Reaction score
Exactly, they were getting destroyed on the ground in nickel, although I don't know if they would've been any better going to heavier formations
Led to the Hawks D being too gassed in the late 4th qtr to stop the running game one last time. Cumulative damage, a lot of it inflicted by the inability to maintain any drives by the Hawks O in the first half to give the D a rest and a chance to strategize and make adjustments.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
I'm starting to think the Hawks would have played a much cleaner game if the game was at Tampa Bay instead Germany. No guarantees that they would have won, but man that first half was really tough to watch. Players looked slow and lethargic. Maybe that was because of the field conditions. Either way, they looked slow.

Last edited:

Vesuve

Reaction score
I'm starting to think the Hawks would have played a much cleaner game if the game at Tampa Bay than in Germany. No guarantees that they would have won, but man that first half was really tough to watch. Players looked slow and lethargic. Maybe that was because of the field conditions. Either way, they looked slow.
There is no way to *not* be affected by the time difference.

Circadian Rythms were screwed up.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Not much to take away from this game in terms of predicting the Hawks' future chances, but there is a lot for the coaches and players to take away. The coaches didn't do the players any favors with a game plan that made them look even flatter than they already were.

You can talk all you want about the time difference only being 4 hours, but when you consider hitting the field at 6:30 AM vs 9:30 AM, that's a huge difference. I believe that led to the lack of energy that was obvious in the first half.

Hopefully they crumple up that game plan and burn it. Never again. Still, despite the ugliness, despite Brady playing his game, despite the mental lapses, we were never out of the game. That's how good this team is. They need to put it behind them, look forward, and get back to their game.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Totally agree. The defense was on the field too long and we just couldn’t get to Brady. Aside from Geno’s fumble which wasn’t really his fault it happens, I thought he turned it around and actually played well. This is the perfect time for the bye. Rest, regroup, heal and get back at it in a couple of weeks. It’s a long season and if they go 4-3 that’s 10 wins and guaranteed a playoff spot in the nfc with 7 seeds.

Mase

Reaction score
-- Yeah, I don't put a lot of value in this one, one way or the other. Geno looked a little too much like the Geno I feared when the year started, and the halftime commentary noted it as well. Timid, cripplingly risk averse.
I also think it was a tough match with Brady. Vet is going to see spaces faster once we start to creep up to stop the run.
-- But it was just a terrible start, and I do think the time difference had an affect. The Bucks playing 3 hours earlier than usual is similar to us going to the East Coast. But we were playing 6 hours earlier. I would just ask how many of you on the West coast were eating some Cheerios while watching this from your bed. Doubt many of you, outside the extreme alcoholics, got up at 4 to start "pregaming". Five days is not enough to totally re-regulate your body's start time.
-- Got out of it pretty healthy, with lots for the coaches to bitch about, should get there attention and have some focus as we return. Don't want a young team getting too full of themselves.

Mase

Bootsy51

Reaction score
Imo the second half was as the First should be (better Mix of Run and Passgame ....turnovers) The Key Moment was the fumble in the Redzone from Geno.
Despite the loss it was huge to ne part of a regular season Game and See my Team live !!!!
Iam shure we learn Out of the Game and the next Games will be more sucsessfull
Go Hawks!!!

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Be careful Mase, if you say anything bad about Geno, you may get blasted :ROFLMAO:

Nobody has a problem with Geno critique. He deserves some for his play yesterday

Its when it starts to angle towards "see, this is what I was worried about" nonsense that one gets called out.

Some want to be right so badly, they look for any crack in his game so that they can beat their chest about their July predictions

Its stupid

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Makes sense. Nope, I'd rather continue to be very wrong about the guy. I think he's solid, just not ready to make him the franchise guy yet. That's all.