No offensive points in the last six quarters. Yet the Geno faithful remain.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Shoot, my point was easily made on the field yesterday. Not a "big game" of course. But 4th quarter, 28 yard line with a chance to win it. He did what he does.
Again, I...will....believe....it.....when.....I....see......it. Do I have to spell out the big words?
I'm not ok with mediocre QB play. And why did they not run the ball more yesterday? Maddening to say the least. It was working, and working WELL.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Shoot, my point was easily made on the field yesterday. Not a "big game" of course. But 4th quarter, 28 yard line with a chance to win it. He did what he does.
Again, I...will....believe....it.....when.....I....see......it. Do I have to spell out the big words?
I'm not ok with mediocre QB play. And why did they not run the ball more yesterday? Maddening to say the least. It was working, and working WELL.
If you're expecting a stopgap quarterback to be great from quarters 1-3 and also clutch enough to go win the game on his own despite backbreaking penalties on the final drive, then what the hell are we doing here?

No one is saying the guy is Tom Brady, but if Geno were everything you're asking him to be, he'd be a top-10 quarterback in the league.

And NO ONE IS ARGUING THAT HE IS. This is a completely manufactured crusade that you're arguing against lol

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough. He choked when it mattered. Is that simple enough for you? He was ok until it mattered. Is that simple enough?
And it wasn't just on him, the defense was bad, all day. And abandoning the run was pathetic. If you're ok with the guy not getting the job done, so be it.
I'm not ok with it, at all. And I never did one time expect him to be anything other than average.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Fair enough. He choked when it mattered. Is that simple enough for you? He was ok until it mattered. Is that simple enough?
And it wasn't just on him, the defense was bad, all day. And abandoning the run was pathetic. If you're ok with the guy not getting the job done, so be it.
I'm not ok with it, at all. And I never did one time expect him to be anything other than average.
Goalposts are moving. Now he's "average" and not unrosterably bad like you implied before. Huh.

No one is sticking with him, QB is obviously a priority next year - but pinning the loss on the guy because he didn't evade instant pressure on third down and then couldn't convert FOURTH AND 18 is not particularly sound or fair logic

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He's average, and has some good moments. Answer one question, did he get the job done? I'm not pinning the loss on him, if you would actually read my other post, I said it wasn't just on him. Geezus man, get over it it. The defense was brutal, and the play calling was ridiculous when the running game was CLEARLY working.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Choking is what Jimmy Garoppolo did.

What Geno is getting criticized for is not completing what would've been one of the most clutch final drives of the entire year thus far. That's not a "choke" lmfao

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
He's average, and has some good moments. Answer one question, did he get the job done? I'm not pinning the loss on him, if you would actually read my other post, I said it wasn't just on him. Geezus man, get over it it.
You've posted like 7 different times that it was a Geno choke job, that implies significant fault