NFL = WWE

W

Welshers

Russell Wilson leaves Seattle... his first game is vs the Seahawks.

Mayfield leaves Cleveland... first game is vs Browns...

Watson leaves Houston... and is suspended the exact number of games so that his first game is vs Texans...

You can't make these things up...

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score

Watson leaves Houston... and is suspended the exact number of games so that his first game is vs Texans...

Yes you can...if your name is Roger Goodell

Cyrus12

Reaction score

Scripted like any other form of entertainment.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Its scripted but just enjoy it like your favorite show or movie. You don't think James Bond is real right? But we all enjoy it.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
yup… scripted. And the 100,000 people it would take to cover it all up for 50+ years all kept quiet. That’s some kind of loyalty.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

yup… scripted. And the 100,000 people it would take to cover it all up for 50+ years all kept quiet. That’s some kind of loyalty.
Not necessarily fully scripted, but heavily guided in the direction certain people want

cymatica

Reaction score
Assuming it was scripted, it would only take a small number of people in the right places. Most players and assistant coaches wouldn't need to know. A bad call here, a bad play there, maybe some coaches who are in on it are allowed to cheat against those who aren't.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
Pretty sure Welshers does not mean fixed when he says "scripted". Two very different things. The games are not and have never been blatantly fixed, largely because of the reason suggested by FlyingSquad. But of course the NFL scripts match-ups to enhance entertainment (and advertising) value. Would anyone not want them to do this?

CouchLogic

Reaction score
I mean...it's pretty obvious the nfl can steer games however they want. There is a lot of money on that table. I'd shut the hell up for a slice.

*SBXL

keasley45

Reaction score
I mean...it's pretty obvious the nfl can steer games however they want. There is a lot of money on that table. I'd shut the hell up for a slice.

*SBXL

Holmgren took some of the blame for the refs sh!t calls when he admitted taking a shot at him verbally before the game.

But no doubt, the NFL got the plot and ending they wanted ...

GemCity

Reaction score
Annnnnndddd…if it’s scripted, so what?

If you owned a Mexican food stand, would you have Taco Tuesday or Taco Wednesday?

Last edited:

GemCity

Reaction score
How’s it sad? Denver vs Seattle has generated tons of discussion in these very forums let alone elsewhere.

I get what you’re saying but, you’ve got to understand that at the end of the day, it’s a business.

From that perspective, doesn’t it make sense?

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
The schedule makers aren't living in a vacuum. They understand drama and schedule accordingly. What's the big deal?

Nobody said that NFL schedules are random.

Latest posts