More on Lance

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
The hard part for Lance is even if he does well today , the pundits will say it’s because it is preseason :rolleyes:
He’ll be playing the second half against practice squad guys and guys that will be cut

Marvin49

Reaction score
National Media, once again...total garbage.

Dude threw that pick on a tip, but also led three scoring drives including the game winning drive. He had 173 yards in about 20 game minutes. Looked MUCH more decisive.

I get he was playing with and against 3rd stringers, but at least be honest. National Media just WANTS to report that he was terrible.

The Dirty Dozen Fan

Reaction score
National Media, once again...total garbage.

Dude threw that pick on a tip, but also led three scoring drives including the game winning drive. He had 173 yards in about 20 game minutes. Looked MUCH more decisive.

I get he was playing with and against 3rd stringers, but at least be honest. National Media just WANTS to report that he was terrible.

Who still tunes into ESPN ?

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Lance’s stinky ass didn’t play until the 4th quarter and was 3 for 3 his first drive: 2 completions to his team and 1 completion to the other team.

94Smith

Reaction score
Took him a while to warm up but that is what we saw against the Texans too. He just needs game reps. It took Alex smith 5 years to move from being flat out terrible to average , and finally 3 more years to make the pro bowl.

Trevor Lawrence and fields were pretty bad their first year of starting.

However, I do think that Lance should not be starting any time soon and would prefer the experience of Darnold as the back up

94Smith

Reaction score
Lance’s stinky ass didn’t play until the 4th quarter and was 3 for 3 his first drive: 2 completions to his team and 1 completion to the other team.
Frodo if I were you I would be worried about 60 percent of your starting defense looking like Swiss cheese against the vaunted QB Cooper Rush and the Dallas twos

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Don' worry, the national media has already declared Brock Purdy will go 20-0 this year. The Niners are completely undefeatable. It's not even possible for them to lose games with the literal SUPERMAN at QB. They'll never lose again until his career is over some say.

Most likely with just a center, Purdy and a single receiver, 11 guys from any other team would still be unlikely to beat football God B. Purdy! Three on 11 would be LONG odds for any team to even compete!

By the end of his career, most folks will not even know the name Brady or Manning, he will erase them from the NFL's memory...

The 9ers are GUARANTEED to win at least the next ten consecutive Superb Owls, it's plain as day!

bileever

Reaction score
I don't understand why Shanahan isn't giving Lance more reps during preseason, unless it's the 49ers' plan to try to sneak him onto the practice squad. Is it possible that they're leaking all this negative info to the media so that no one will claim Lance off of waivers and they can stash him on the practice squad? Or am I becoming one of those paranoid conspiracy theorists?

94Smith

Reaction score
Don' worry, the national media has already declared Brock Purdy will go 20-0 this year. The Niners are completely undefeatable.
I'll give you that they are hyping the niners, but nobody is hyping Purdy in the media at all. He is consistently around #20 in QB rankings, which is fair.

94Smith

Reaction score
I don't understand why Shanahan isn't giving Lance more reps during preseason, unless it's the 49ers' plan to try to sneak him onto the practice squad. Is it possible that they're leaking all this negative info to the media so that no one will claim Lance off of waivers and they can stash him on the practice squad? Or am I becoming one of those paranoid conspiracy theorists?
Its a competition between Lance and Darnold for the back up. Lance got the early reps last week and Darnold this week. They are going to be keeping 3 QBs on the active roster unless they trade Lance. No way they would chance waivers.

bileever

Reaction score
Its a competition between Lance and Darnold for the back up. Lance got the early reps last week and Darnold this week. They are going to be keeping 3 QBs on the active roster unless they trade Lance. No way they would chance waivers.
Those roster spots are very valuable. Using one on a third-string QB makes very little sense. I've read that last year, 12 teams at one point or another, had 3 QBs on their 53-man roster, but a lot of that had to do with trying to get through an injury and not wanting to put someone on IR (because you have to be out a minimum of 4 games if you go on IR). I'm not sure how many teams will keep 3 QBs on their 53-man roster. Anybody know the stats on that?