More on Lance

94Smith

Reaction score
You keep harping about the back up meanwhile the starter is 2-0 against you and put up 21 and 41 points in two outings

CactusJack

Reaction score
You keep harping about the back up meanwhile the starter is 2-0 against you and put up 21 and 41 points in two outings
Tbf this defense struggled for most of the season. Let's be real. The defense stunk.

I honestly don't think Purdy is anything special. He'll be a solid starter for the Niners. But he's not much different than what they had in Jimmy. Ultimately, that defense will determine how far they go & will captain the ship. Not the QB.

Last edited:

CactusJack

Reaction score
Most reports seem to indicate that none of the QB's have really impressed so far.

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Purdy didn’t do shit but Bosa and McCaffrey did. We solidified our run D however this year by bringing in Bobby, Dre’Mont Jones, Julian Love, Jarran Reed, Devin Bush and by drafting Spoon, Hall and Young. Every team last year that had a running game beat us. Cody Barton single handedly made guys like Corderelle Patterson and Taysom Hill look amazing. I won’t even talk about the Raiders game and what Josh Jacobs did but this is a completely revamped defense. I’m talkin stacked in the secondary

94Smith

Reaction score
We solidified our run D however this year by bringing in Bobby, Dre’Mont Jones, Julian Love, Jarran Reed, Devin Bush and by drafting Spoon, Hall and Young.
We will see.

Also Brock Purdy 17 -26 216yds , 2TDS and 18/30 332 yards and 3TDs , one TD running , but didn’t do anything

Marvin49

Reaction score
The Trey Lance failure torch is really only carried by one poster.

Agreed.

I mean I think the guy just needs reps but he may never get them with Purdy playing well.

If he busts, he busts. My only issue is people rushing to judgement.

If they got QB1 at pick 262...then why the hell should I care if Trey isn't the guy? 49ers have put together perhaps the best roster in the NFL With All-Pros or Pro Bowlers in every position group but QB: RB (2 counting FB), TE, WR, OL, DL (2), LB, and DB.

Even if Trey busts, its isn't the albatross a particular poster here wants so badly for it to be.

Weadoption

Reaction score
too funny

bileever

Reaction score
Bigger concerns for the 49ers: Charvarious Ward out with an abductor and groin tightness. That abductor problem is a killer for cornerbacks.

Also, Bosa on day 7 of his holdout. I know the 49er nation line is "we're not worried." Well, when do you start to worry?

Also I saw today that Clelin Ferrell got the riot act read to him for hitting Brock Purdy on his injured arm! Great pick up for you guys.

94Smith

Reaction score
I am also not concerned if the training camp QBs look bad against the defense. They are going against the number one D last year. The last two training camps were the same story, but come regular season the QB position had production