Kill the Let Russ Cook talk

hangumhi

Reaction score
John63":1dd9z4au said:
Cyrus12":1dd9z4au said:
John63":1dd9z4au said:
Yeah I mean 6 drops had nothing to do with it. Horrible oline nothing to do with it. Coach8ng has nothing to do with it. Pathetic post.
I know you are his biggest fan and defender but man how can you defend that performance??

Were did I say he played well? I did not, it's just unlike u and others I actually see whole game and understand how.it all works together. You have 6 drops, ur QB getting killed, no one open, u can't blame one person. There is a difference in saying someone played bad which Wilson did and saying its all his fault. Dud Wilson play bad yeah, was it all him, no, did he get any help no. All these things can be true.

How can you say nobody was open? Did you watch the game?? Nobody is saying it's all Wilson's fault. People are saying he was terrible today. I would argue he was great. He was great at what he set out to do. He lost and made it look accidental. He got paid by someone who is worried about the declining nfl numbers and dollars. I love the guy but he was paid to throw a game. That's my take. I'm allowed an opinion and that's it. Because nothing else makes sense when Russ intentionally stares down receivers that are open by twenty yards and he doesn't throw it to them. Every check down was thrown two feet above the receiver's head...it sure looks like the ball placement was perfect for tipped balls all day.

ducks41468

Reaction score
misfit":3atczwwf said:
Everything went sideways when Pete started reeling Russ in over the turnovers

Once the defense has played better offense goes to crap like usual

Exactly. The QB is being given mixed messages. Obviously you want to limit the turnovers but he's playing even worse than before. He's basically lost us every game since on top of still committing the same turnovers. You don't see the Saints, Packers, Steelers, Chiefs, Bucs, Rams, etc approaching their offense with the same neurotic manner that we do.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
w00t":u4n94m3i said:
Cyrus12":u4n94m3i said:
John63":u4n94m3i said:
Yeah I mean 6 drops had nothing to do with it. Horrible oline nothing to do with it. Coach8ng has nothing to do with it. Pathetic post.
I know you are his biggest fan and defender but man how can you defend that performance??

Yeah. Anything bad you say about Wilson. His nut huggers come rushing in
And the nut suckers always be talking out of their posterior cavities....What is it with the LOSERS who get their jollies talking smack sh*t on Wilson at every opportunity?
His fans will always hang in there for him, and that eats the sh*t out of you h8ers?...Get over it. :roll:

Elemas

Reaction score
hangumhi":325su0xx said:
John63":325su0xx said:
Cyrus12":325su0xx said:
John63":325su0xx said:

Were did I say he played well? I did not, it's just unlike u and others I actually see whole game and understand how.it all works together. You have 6 drops, ur QB getting killed, no one open, u can't blame one person. There is a difference in saying someone played bad which Wilson did and saying its all his fault. Dud Wilson play bad yeah, was it all him, no, did he get any help no. All these things can be true.

How can you say nobody was open? Did you watch the game?? Nobody is saying it's all Wilson's fault. People are saying he was terrible today. I would argue he was great. He was great at what he set out to do. He lost and made it look accidental. He got paid by someone who is worried about the declining nfl numbers and dollars. I love the guy but he was paid to throw a game. That's my take. I'm allowed an opinion and that's it. Because nothing else makes sense when Russ intentionally stares down receivers that are open by twenty yards and he doesn't throw it to them. Every check down was thrown two feet above the receiver's head...it sure looks like the ball placement was perfect for tipped balls all day.

Man...you must've lost some $$. I've seen you post this twice.
I'd quit gambling or, leave the shrooms alone on game day.

John63

Reaction score
hangumhi":39pzbkl0 said:
John63":39pzbkl0 said:
Cyrus12":39pzbkl0 said:
John63":39pzbkl0 said:

Once again I will explain it. It is easy to day someone is open from your chair. The issue is was he open when its his turn in the progression, was he at the right down and distance. What was the down and distance, was there a throwing lane. As to the rest of your post you're taking a one or two time thing and making it sound like it was every time. Example the throw to Carson that went threw his hands and hit his helmet and then was intercepted. Carson did not have to jump, it hit him perfect. So again 6 drops that alone makes blaming just Wilson wrong.

TypeSly

Reaction score
Final play of the game: 4th down hail mary to their 20 yard line. :pukeface:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
John63":og0bcleq said:
ducks41468":og0bcleq said:
The problem is that this offense has no identity, and they really haven't had an identity since Marshawn left. When the defense was playing at historically bad levels, the identity was clear: pass the ball or else we lose by 3 TD's.

Now that the defense is playing better and we got our RB's back, there seems to be a constant conflict over what kind of team we are. Russ is very clearly in his own head because he doesn't know what offense he's supposed to run. Not only is he more prone to mental lapses/yips that virtually every other experienced QB to begin with, there's no clear game-over-game, much less year-over-year gameplan.

The issue is not "Let Russ Cook", it's completely changing the offensive identity midway through the season.

Exactly started game 6 and still have not figured it out
He cooked and burned in 3 losses before this one..The game plan did
not just change..The Cook T-shirt,MVP and first round bye all
down the toilet and John you can plunge it all you want.
i'm done with excuses and I've stayed quiet..That's over.

John63

Reaction score
IndyHawk":p2d1ktqb said:
John63":p2d1ktqb said:
ducks41468":p2d1ktqb said:
The problem is that this offense has no identity, and they really haven't had an identity since Marshawn left. When the defense was playing at historically bad levels, the identity was clear: pass the ball or else we lose by 3 TD's.

Now that the defense is playing better and we got our RB's back, there seems to be a constant conflict over what kind of team we are. Russ is very clearly in his own head because he doesn't know what offense he's supposed to run. Not only is he more prone to mental lapses/yips that virtually every other experienced QB to begin with, there's no clear game-over-game, much less year-over-year gameplan.

The issue is not "Let Russ Cook", it's completely changing the offensive identity midway through the season.

LOl yeah it changed, changed a lot, where were the screens in games 6-9? where was the quick passing game? were was the uptempo. It changed and is still changing. Even this game no uptempo till the end, no crossing routes, etc etc. All the things we did in the fist 5 games has been missing the last 7.

ALSO FYI ahh we won our last game so sorry.

pmedic920

Reaction score
hangumhi":2wleuy5b said:
John63":2wleuy5b said:
Cyrus12":2wleuy5b said:
John63":2wleuy5b said:

Seriously?

More of this carried over from the GameDay chat?

Come on man.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
The Let Russ Cook Talk is the ONLY reason we are in position to win the division. Maybe be just a little grateful :)

If anything, the offense has gone ultra conservative since the Rams game. It’s an over correction. Pete needs to decide whether we’re a running or passing team. The playcalling has been scattershot and impatient.

If you aren’t noticing the conservative playcalling you have an axe to grind :pukeface:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
John63":dgyxtx02 said:
IndyHawk":dgyxtx02 said:
John63":dgyxtx02 said:
ducks41468":dgyxtx02 said:

LOl yeah it changed, changed a lot, where were the screens in games 6-9? where was the quick passing game? were was the uptempo. It changed and is still changing. Even this game no uptempo till the end, no crossing routes, etc etc. All the things we did in the fist 5 games has been missing the last 7.

ALSO FYI ahh we won our last game so sorry.
:177692: :34853_doh: You forget when exactly the
Cook apron fell off and why..See bold part above btw.

keasley45

Reaction score
The ineptitude in in game adjustments is something to behold. The giants played zone all day and we seemed committed to nit running crosses or patterns to stretch it. Seems like half the plays were deep drops into a pocket that was constantly collapsing in the hope of hitting the big play. Instead of doing to the giants what they ultimately did to us. Knock the snot out of us with strong runs ( again, Carson was averaging 6.3 ypc in the first half and we abandoned it) and well designed pass plays to beat our coverage. Football 101.

And if your RT is constantly getting beat, get the ball out faster or roll away from him, throw screens, quick slants, etc.

John63

Reaction score
keasley45":frdlq70s said:
The ineptitude in in game adjustments is something to behold. The giants played zone all day and we seemed committed to nit running crosses or patterns to stretch it. Seems like half the plays were deep drops into a pocket that was constantly collapsing in the hope of hitting the big play. Instead of doing to the giants what they ultimately did to us. Knock the snot out of us with strong runs ( again, Carson was averaging 6.3 ypc in the first half and we abandoned it) and well designed pass plays to beat our coverage. Football 101.

And if your RT is constantly getting beat, get the ball out faster or roll away from him, throw screens, quick slants, etc.

LOL yeah in other words do everything we did game 1-5 but stopped doing.

groundchucklives

Reaction score
I will NEVER understand why a contingent of Seahawks fans apparently HATE their star QB...seriously....wtf is wrong with some of you?!! lol

BubbaGump

Reaction score
groundchucklives":379ey6w7 said:
I will NEVER understand why a contingent of Seahawks fans apparently HATE their star QB...seriously....wtf is wrong with some of you?!! lol
When the star QB has the weapons around him as he does, Lockett, Metcalf, Carson, and gets outperformed by a journeymen 34 year old Colt F’ing McCoy...........

He is getting hate! Rightfully so!

John63

Reaction score
BubbaGump":3lkszpko said:
groundchucklives":3lkszpko said:
When the star QB has the weapons around him as he does, Lockett, Metcalf, Carson, and gets outperformed by a journeymen 34 year old Colt F’ing McCoy...........

LOL yeah because all you need is 2 great WRs and you set, you dont need an oline, it does not matter if they drop 6 passes, Your a troll you should go away.

groundchucklives

Reaction score
John63":34yhaxre said:
BubbaGump":34yhaxre said:
groundchucklives":34yhaxre said:

LOL yeah because all you need is 2 great WRs and you set, you dont need an oline, it does not matter if they drop 6 passes, Your a troll you should go away.

^^Thanks for having my back, John63. I appreciate it.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
Not a troll and have been a loyal fan since 84. We had one starter out on the online. The coaching staff did nothing to help Jones and Wheeler against the pass rush from the right side. Why did they not keep Dissly on the right side to help their back up RT’s? Not a troll but not on the Pete and Russ team anymore blindly!