• Pete Carroll

Votes: 49 51.0%
  • Russell Wilson

Votes: 47 49.0%

• Total voters

nwHawk

Reaction score
You and me both,
I few of us took a lot of crap, and we didn’t get run off. This team is on the rise, and Denver is turning into a dumpster fire. Those picks should really help solidify the future core.

toffee

Reaction score
I few of us took a lot of crap, and we didn’t get run off. This team is on the rise, and Denver is turning into a dumpster fire. Those picks should really help solidify the future core.
I am ok with that, I knew the idea wasn't popular at that point, so taking crap was expected. In some ways, I was asking for it at that point by starting threads advocating to trade Russ when he was a God here.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I'd rather keep Wilson.
We've seen what the Pete Carroll Seahawks look like without Wilson.
2010-2011 were .500 clubs. Yes, I understand he just inherited a bad team and needed to turn it around. But he and JS swung and missed with Tarvaris Jackson, Charlie Whitehurst and Matt Flynn.

Wilson made this team a championship contender. Without him with all of the other pieces in place, this team doesn't sniff a Superbowl, let alone go to two in a row.

Wilson is not the problem. The boring offense he's in behind a very bad offensive line and an unstable group of running backs is the problem.
Get him some protection and a creative offense, and he will be back to form
Nailed it!

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
He has carried the team for the past 6 years. Maybe he just cant anymore and needs help. Help that he wont get with Carroll calling the shots. You really think a couple 1st round picks and a couple FA signings by this FO is going to right the ship? Lol. The OC's will never matter as long as Pete is here. They are all forced into running Pete Ball eventually. It only took one game this season for Waldron to fall in line and that was after the offense looked awesome. Pete is the bigger problem and has to go.
Waldron seems to run a decent offense with a QB who follows his direction. Lol

Ozzy

Reaction score
It's a little early I'd say but a nail biter against Detroit who was without three of their best offensive players isn't enough for me to think you're right. I hope you are but its early.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I’d guess that somewhere north of 80% of the head coaches in the game would love to have Russ.

I’d also guess that at least 50% of the owners wouldn’t even give Pete an interview.

If an NFL team were a jigsaw puzzle, I’d say the QB is the key piece.

YMMV
LOLOLOLOLOL.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I'd rather keep Wilson.
We've seen what the Pete Carroll Seahawks look like without Wilson.
2010-2011 were .500 clubs. Yes, I understand he just inherited a bad team and needed to turn it around. But he and JS swung and missed with Tarvaris Jackson, Charlie Whitehurst and Matt Flynn.

Wilson made this team a championship contender. Without him with all of the other pieces in place, this team doesn't sniff a Superbowl, let alone go to two in a row.

Wilson is not the problem. The boring offense he's in behind a very bad offensive line and an unstable group of running backs is the problem.
Get him some protection and a creative offense, and he will be back to form
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Jerhawk

Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Umm..ok? I wrote that Dec 28, 2021. I didn't anticipate Wilson going to the Broncos and looking awful for his first 5 games.

Did you have an actual argument, or just laugh at something I wrote 10 months ago?

And most of what I said isn't really that laughable.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
Umm..ok? I wrote that Dec 28, 2021. I didn't anticipate Wilson going to the Broncos and looking awful for his first 5 games.

Did you have an actual argument, or just laugh at something I wrote 10 months ago?

Different people have a different sense of humor. HAHAHAHAHA! :LOL:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Think of the Dallas playoff game.
That was Pete's brain being showcased that day and we all all screamed at the TV. This sucks!

That was the plan? That was the strategy?

Please, Pete, retire now while you still have a semblance of respect and a legacy.
Bring in someone, anyone who will scheme and plan to the strengths of the QB, not stubbornly dig in and do the opposite based on who-knows-what philosophy.

Imagine if the NHL Edmonton Oilers had a defensive minded strategy during the Gretzky years; "lets keep the score low Wayne, rag the puck for two or three periods, then win it for us in the last period."

That coach would have been run out of town on a rail. The Seattle press, and fans have been overly patient. Now is the time for a coaching change.
Geno Smith.
Actually a difficult choice,

With Pete and Russ:
I have no doubt that if Russ didn't hurt his finger, or football GOD smiled at us a little bit, we will be in the playoff this season. With Pete and Russ, we shall be in the playoff.

With new HC and Russ:
New dude will change things, that could mean good or bad, some intrigue there. New guy may want a complete do over under his own image or vision. If the new guy is a Rich Kotite, who replaced Pete at Jets, we could take an instant step back, from 6-10 to 3-13. Or, we could luck in Belichick, NE was 8-8 under Pete in '94 and 5-11 under Bill in '95.

With Pete and new QB
If our defense play slightly better than '21 no reason why they couldn't and offense somehow managed to play at '21 level under Geno, We may end up with similar result to this year. A lot more young guys may get to play, remember the draft picks from Russ' trade?

With new HC and new QB
Will it happen?

So it comes down to how will you like to be entertained? Join J63 to praise Russ, join Fade to critique Pete? or Something different.
Well, BOTH J63 & Faded have been PROVEN WRONG, because All that was needed is a Quarterback who "DOES WHAT HE IS TOLD", and not constantly try and pull plays out his a$$ in Back Yard football.
Credit Pete--> 'IT'S DUE'

scutterhawk

Reaction score

In all honesty, you STILL don't get it?!?!?

Rainger

Reaction score
Why is this tread still alive? The poll is now meaningless after the trade. The comments don't matter now! Is the poll still up so all the Pete haters can now change their vote?