• Pete Carroll

Votes: 49 51.0%
  • Russell Wilson

Votes: 47 49.0%

• Total voters

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":g93k0ndn said:
Russ is a fake leader. I mean his teammates know more than fans do but I see a giant phony.

I will roll the dice on a different QB. Even if it take 5 years.
Absolutely he's a fake leader who was sheltered by Pete and that led to
the end of the boom and where we are today.
Btw does a real team leader tweet out his kicker like he did?
What a cuck.

xray

Reaction score
" I object to this line of polling , your honor ". You can't vote without hating your vote ! :D

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":284oymdh said:
wtf?? Russ has actually looked like $h!t for 2 years in a row now. His cap hit is #1. His production is embarrassingly bad and he can't seem to see the field. Is he sucking on purpose to get the eff out of Seattle? Possibly but it would be easier if he simply requests a trade. His trade value has actually increased according to many analysts despite the injury there are several suitors lined up at the chance of making Seattle the next Dallas Cowboys of the early 90s when Jimmy Johnson was there

WTF? Are you being serious? If you cant see that Wilson has been the reason for the teams success for the past 5 to 6 years, you havent been paying attention. 2 years? He was the MVP front runner the first half of last season until he threw a couple of picks and Pete once again neutered the offense. Its why Schotty left or was shown the door. He realized Carroll was never going to allow him or whoever was there to run the offense that they wanted to. Waldron is learning that now. His cap hit is so high because he was good enough to get it. He was essential.

I dont care if Pete Carroll had unlimited draft picks and money, he could never replicate what the 90's Cowboys did. He isnt near a good enough coach.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I didn't vote, because it's near impossible for me to decide which.

In favor of Pete is this: Pete's issues are the exact same ones he's ALWAYS had and we've won with those issues in the past. With new talent, he might be able to replicate that. Wilson has new issues that are coming into focus this year. His feet are slowing down and now with the finger issue, his touch on his deep ball has gone out the window. In other words, we know there is ways to get over Pete's issues because we've done it. Who knows with Russ.

In favor of Russ is this: Pete's issues are the exact same ones he's ALWAYS had and he still hasn't gotten any better at those things after how many years? Sure, it was easy to laugh off when we had an all-time defense but that hasn't been the case for half a decade and he isn't taking any steps to improve. He has always been the worst in-game manager of any coach in the NFL and he still is. Perhaps it's time to let this team have new leadership just to see how this current crop of talent deals with different issues versus these same ones?

I guess I MIGHT lean towards keeping Carroll because of one thing: Russ's salary hits our cap and hurts our ability to get the talent he seems to need to produce.

John63

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":1tqyskr3 said:
[
wtf?? Russ has actually looked like $h!t for 2 years in a row now. His cap hit is #1. His production is embarrassingly bad and he can't seem to see the field. Is he sucking on purpose to get the eff out of Seattle? Possibly but it would be easier if he simply requests a trade. His trade value has actually increased according to many analysts despite the injury there are several suitors lined up at the chance of making Seattle the next Dallas Cowboys of the early 90s when Jimmy Johnson was there

Factually incorrect

Again

4212 yards, 69% complete, 40 tds, 105 passer rating that is far from Sh!T

Top 10 in yards, complt%, Passer rating

Top 5 in tds

Now this year I will only address pre injury.

pre injury top 5 in yards, tds, td/int, ypa, complt% and Passer rating

So really all you have is a Qb trying to find his way back from a serious injury nothing more.

nwHawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":27pfdrbm said:
nwHawk":27pfdrbm said:
Those that say Pete can’t or won’t change no matter what, I ask what’s your thoughts on him changing his long standard on defensive backs? He always required DBs to have at minimum 32” arms. Outside CBs had to have this requirement, something he had in place for a decade. He changed his stance.

How has that worked out for him?

I feel more comfortable with the corner play than QB play this season.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1es1plki said:
Hawker55, I respectfully disagree because it wasn't all on Myers. You saw how that kick seemed to be accurate and sailed wide really late, which would not have happened had it been 13 yards closer. Which was Russ' fault more than even PCs, as people here have said. Russ was allowed to "cook" and that's what happened.

That's why I think the Tweet showed Russ' hubris. He can't take responsibility for his own mistakes, so he tries to cover it up with fake sympathy for this kicker.

Maybe Wilson should have said....'You're there on the sidelines practicing, while the rest of us go up & down the field, getting the crap beat out of us...you have ONE job to do'? :roll:

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":23mf3iry said:
Rat":23mf3iry said:
Where's the "both" option?

Yeah, I was looking for it too.

Was intentionally lookign to see who is Team Pete and who is Team Russ.

Having Marshawn on Team Pete should help tip the scales.

toffee

Reaction score
At this point, three votes separates these two opinions. but Pete is gaining momentum in the last few hours.

James in PA

Reaction score
It's nice to know that I'm on the same side as Hass and $ Lynch: the Hawks' struggles this year have more to do with RW than PC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toffee

Reaction score
James in PA":1u3a77pt said:
It's nice to know that I'm on the same side as Hass and $ Lynch: the Hawks' struggles this year have more to do with RW than PC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some folks on dot net will educate ya that Russell's struggle was due to Pete and Pete's meddling in offense.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Wilson hasnt earned the respect from the ownerhip or the fanbase that Brady has and Pete doesnt have the luxury of having a lost year.

Exactly what I'm saying!

Wilson doesn't have the creds that Brady did with ownership or many fans. You're him, you might think that you need to go to a team that already has most of its needs filled, such as the Saints. That probably has increased urgency for Russ right now.

If Pete doesn't let Russ go if he really wants to, he risks another year like this one. Which would be for sure Pete's last plus damage Russ.

Whereas if Pete just parts ways with Russ, he gets more like a free year at least with a bridge while scheming to get Russ' permanent replacement.

toffee

Reaction score
Wilson hasnt earned the respect from the ownerhip or the fanbase that Brady has and Pete doesnt have the luxury of having a lost year.

How long have you been on dot net? Haven't you read and learned from j63? OK, the ownership aka Jody signed off on trading Russ to Chicago, so I will give you that. Fan base? love and respect for Russ, absolutely, I was totally alone after I advocated to trade Russ last off-season, fans love Russ and j63 speaks for them all.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
You was not alone..You better pull that thread up..There was more than a few of us.
I never wanted him extended the second time and there is a few of us from then too.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2ipbrlbo said:
You was not alone..You better pull that thread up..There was more than a few of us.
I never wanted him extended the second time and there is a few of us from then too.

So you were advocating for sub .500 seasons? Thats what you would have gotten without Wilson. Thats what your going to get if he leaves and Pete stays. You should have been more upset about the 5 year extension Jody gave Carroll.

AgentDib

Reaction score
The irony about threads like these is that reality isn't about Pete vs. Russ. Russ is much more likely to stay if Pete remains in charge, and a big shakeup at the top would likely include Russ being moved in a rebuild.